I have been teaching using techniques such as blaack board /chalk, PPTs, online platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Webex, google meet etc. I have taught for Civil Engineering students of all semesters from VTU , Bangalore university and Alliance university.
I am a Professor in Civil Engineering with 28 years experience and also taking tuitions for Subjects such as Elements of Civil Engg & Engg Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Structural Analysis, Environmental Engg, Air pollution etc with excellent academic record
• PhD in the field of groundwater contamination.
• 28 years of experience inclusive of 26 years of teaching experience.
• Ability to work under tight schedules & a firm believer in continuous teaching-learning process. Excellent academic track record of all subjects handled.
•Setting up of Department and labs at EPCET, CMRIT and Alliance University.
Exam Year School / College Result
S.S.L.C 1980 Vijaya High School, Bangalore I Class
P.U.C 1982 National College, Bangalore I Class
B.E. (Civil) 1987 B.M.S.C.E, Bangalore University I Class
M.E. (Civil) [Major: Environmental Engg] 1990 UVCE., Bangalore University I Class with Distinction
Ph. D (Civil) 2009 Dr MGR Deemed University, Chennai
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Twice qualified in the All India ‘GATE’ Examinations (1987 and 1988).
* 75 National and International Research Publications
* Referee for International Journals: IJEWM, IJAR, IJPS, EES, BJAST, EJERS
* Editorial board member for International Academic journals
* Conference Head for Scientific & technical committee of Eminent Association of Pioneers
* Member of Planetary Scientific Research Committee
* Conference Technical committee and Reviewer for EARCEE
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY :
1. Environmental Engineer at Ranka Developers from Oct 1990 to Dec 1991.
2. Environmental Engineer at M/s. Kirloskar Consultants Limited from Jan 1992 to Feb 1993.
3. Lecturer (Civil Engg) at M.V.J college of Engg, Bangalore from 1993 to 2002 and Senior Lecturer from 2002 to 2006.
4. Professor and HOD in Civil Engineering Department at East Point College of Engineering (EPCET) from October 2006 to June 2012.
5. Professor and Head, Civil Dept, CMRIT from June 2012 to Mar 2014
6. Professor & HOD in Civil Engineering Department at Alliance College of Engineering and Design, Alliance University, Blore, from Mar 2014 to Aug 2017.
7. Professor in Civil Engg Dept at Jain University from Sept 2017 till January2018.
8. Professor and HOD in Civil Engineering Department at East Point College of Engineering (EPCET) from March 2018 to Dec 2018.
9. Professor and HOD in Civil Engineering Department, Vice-Principal, Gopalan College of Engineering and Management from Dec 2018 till date
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Life Member of
1. American Association for Science and Technology (AASCIT)
2. Indian society of Technical Education (I.S.T.E)
3. Institution of Engineers (M.I.E)
4. Indian water resources society (I.W.R.S)
• Paper setter, Chief Examiner, Moderator & valuer for V.T.U & Bangalore University
• Served as Deputy Chief Superintendent in several Engg Colleges, Squad chief / Member of VTU & BU.
National journals: 08
International journals: 34
National Conference : 27
International Conference: 11
TOTAL : 80
Subjects taught : Engg Mechanics, Elements of Civil Engg, SOM, Environmental Engg, Structural Analysis, Hydraulic structures, Air pollution, Municipal and Industrial waste treatment, Bridge Engg
He has a very good understanding of civil engineering concepts . He explains the complex concepts in a very simple and easy to understand way . I felt civil was a lot easier after listening to his teaching .
More than a teacher one of the best persons I met in my life was Dr. B S Shankar. When come to profession he is the best deliverer of his thoughts to the listeners. He had immense knowledge in Civil Engineering subjects. He is a great teacher as well as a good mentor for students. He had great talent of teaching any tough topics easily and can make listeners to understand effectively.
I had the privilege of learning from Dr Shankar during my days as an engineering student. And without doubt, he is among the best professors I've had.
He has tremendous subject knowledge, and is able to connect with his students in a way very few can. His vast teaching experience and his passion for teaching are quite evident in his approach to delivering lectures.
His enthusiasm and energy is unparalleled. If you are lucky enough to be taught by Dr Shankar, you are almost certain to end up with great grades in that subject.
I wholeheartedly recommend him for SuperPorf, and I am confident that a lot of students will benefit immensely from his deep knowledge and excellent teaching techniques.
He is a highly qualified professor with rich experience in teaching and a good research person where he has published papers in top international journals.
Students will be lucky to listen to his teaching.
I don’t owe my professional success to my destiny, courage, luck, belief, confidence or fortune. I owe it to a wonderful professor like Dr.Shankar B S. Nothing can come close to the inspirational presence of an instructor like him in a student’s journey. He has abundant knowledge about the subject, professional ethics, etc.He always supports the students and staff. He never let his students and staff if anything happens. Dr.Shankar B S is not same as the old professor....he is ever smiling, eenthusiasti, modern and updated professor.His encouragement words, means a lot..
Shankar Sir is a excellent teacher with good teaching skills and very enthusiastic in his teaching . It was a big honour to learn from him as his teachings will never depart from me his sayings and guidance be the best as ever.He is indeed the amazing teacher forever.His dedication level made us more enthusiastic to learn from him.
Shankar sir is an amazing teacher, he is very approachable at any time to his students. He was an excellent HOD. He helped me grow out both professional and ethically. He was being guide to us in all our difficult times. He was a very dedicated and enthusiastic teacher making alll his concepts very clear. It was an honour for me to learn under him. He is a very great personality.
Dr Shankar B.S is having strong communication skills as a teacher and he has having the ability to constructively express verbal, writing, visual and body language cues together with the capacity to convert ideas into student understandable structures will deliver knowledge with superior results.he is having 30 years of experience , and his nature is very friendly .He can be able to work in a constantly evolving environment and adjust their teaching methods based on the age of their students.he is having good knowledge in all subjects of civil engineering.
He is my colleague and an awesome teacher. My interaction with him always gives me fruitful meanings of any discussion related to teaching. He is very passionate about his teaching and delivering process. He is very hard-worker and do lot of paper work before explaining to the students. He creates very effective teaching learning session and students are always enjoy his associations.
Dr Shankar is good professor, he teaches well with good practical examples. He is having excellent knowledge of civil engineering.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹600||Not available||₹600|