Exposing theory and its nuances, experience sharing, bringing real life experience into teaching, linking theory to practice, demystifyng drivers of success, play role of a mentor beyond a formal teacher, working with students and not adopting a parent child approach to teaching
An Engineer, Fellow (PhD) in Management from a top business school in India, three decades of diverse experience in Management Consulting, training, academic support, higher education management, freelancing, writing ..
K.V. Subramanian is a management consultant, academician and trainer; with 35 plus years in consulting for business, government and the development sector; training and management education. He possesses a blend of engineering and management consulting experience. Key roles include group leader in Tata Consultancy Services for the government sector, leading a government online project for the government of Mauritius, an organisational transformation assignment for a Space Research Organisation, financial feasibility / privatisation for the water sector, macro sector studies, strategic planning, assignments funded by the UN, World bank, EU, OECF; training on reforms for government officers. He was responsible for business development, client relationships, contract management and program management for engagements in the governments sector.
His training experience spans training needs analysis for engineers in a utility; executive training programs for consulting professionals and in-service engineers in water utility; planning organising, coordinating and conducting training programs for the government sector. He has led a PG level infrastructure management (MBA) program for engineers.
He has worked on strategy, policy analysis, project formulation and implementation, financial analysis, capacity building, organizational alignment / process reengineering, contract management, governmental systems, e-governance, stakeholder consultation and consensus building. His countries of experience are India, Mauritius and Sudan.
An electrical engineer and Fellow in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, he independently provides academic support to management students in overseas universities on projects, assignments and dissertations; and consulting services to clients. He is advisor to an educational group in Bangalore.
Students will be accepted after a preliminary discussion
CURRICULUM VITAE – K .V. SUBRAMANIAN
1 Name KV Subramanian
2 Date of Birth 25/08/1953
3 Citizenship Indian
Name of Institution: National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal , BE, 1977
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore: Fellow (equivalent to a PhD in Management) 1988
5. Employment Record Relevant to the Assignment
October 2011 till January 2015: Director MBA, Garden City University, Bangalore
April 2006 – July 2009: Director, Symbiosis of Technology and Management, School of Management for Infrastructure and Development Strategies, Bangalore
June 1986 – March 2006: Management Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services
March 1981 – June 1981: Asst Design Engineer IDPL Gurgaon
June 1979 – January 1981: Junior Engineer Maharashtra State Electricity Board
March 1978 – June 1979: MECON (India), Asst Design Engineer, Bangalore
August 1977 - March 1978 - Electrical Engineer, Indian Express (Madurai) Ltd Chennai
6. Language Skills:
Language Speaking Reading Writing
English Excellent Excellent Excellent
Hindi Excellent Excellent Fair
Malayalam Excellent Excellent Excellent
Tamil Good Poor Poor
Kannada Fair Poor Poor
Dr. K.V. Subramanian (KVS) is a management consultant and trainer, with 30+ years of diverse experience in consulting, for business, infrastructure, government and the development sector; training and management education. He possesses a unique blend of engineering and management consulting experience, experience in the infrastructure, utility and energy sector, investment planning, feasibility analysis, working jointly with technical consultants on several externally funded techno economic feasibility studies. Key roles include group leader in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for management consulting, for the government sector, leading a government online project for the government of Mauritius, an organisational transformation assignment for the Indian Space Research Organisation, several financial feasibility analysis / privatisation assignments in the water sector, macro sector studies, strategic planning, assignments in development sector funded by the UN, World bank, EU, OECF, training assignments on reforms for government officers. He was responsible for business development, client relationships, contract management and program management for IT projects in the governments sector in TCS.
His strengths include handling diversity, seamlessly cutting across hierarchical levels, functional areas, handling unstructured situations, evolving strategies under complexity, management training for technical personnel, adopting systems approach and implementation monitoring.
His training related experience spans training needs analysis for engineers in a utility, executive training programs for consulting professionals and in-service engineers in water utilities; planning organising, coordinating and conducting training programs in the government sector. He has conducted training on negotiation skills for senior managers in a large PSU, systems approach for engineers, project management for irrigation engineers. Also led a two year post graduate infrastructure management (MBA) program for engineers.
In consulting, he has worked on strategy, policy analysis, project formulation and implementation, financial analysis, capacity building, organizational alignment and process reengineering, contract management, governmental systems, e-governance, stakeholder consultation and consensus building. His countries of experience are India, Mauritius and Sudan.
By qualification, he is a graduate electrical engineer and doctorate (Fellow) in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bangalore. His dissertation for the doctoral program in Management was on organisational effectiveness in the implementation of renewable energy program. He independently provides academic support to management students in overseas universities on projects, assignments, dissertations and consulting services to clients. He is also honorary director for management studies and advisor to an educational group in Bangalore.
8. Experience: Over 35 years of professional experience in Engineering / Management Consulting for the infrastructure, government and development sector; Training / Education Management
9. Professional experience in detail
Date Location Company Position Role, Assignment title, Client
2006 -2009 Bangalore, India STEM/MINDS Director/Consultant • Team Leader for consultancy assignment on Training of Trainers for the AP Community Based Tank Management Project (APCBTMP) funded by the World Bank
• As head of the organisation, responsible for consulting business, institution building for consulting in the development / infrastructure sector, and the Institute of Infrastructure Management, offering a one year Diploma and a two year MBA in Infrastructure Management
• Project Manager for training Program on Implementation of Reforms, for 1000 executives in the Rural Water and Sanitation sector, for the government of Andhra Pradesh, India, funded by UNICEF
• Team leader as Management consultant for study on Water and Environment sector, in Sudan sponsored by UNDP/OCHA
• Project Manager for the STEM component, for the State Partnership Program in Water Sector for the State of Rajastan in India, for project jointly implemented by Egis France and STEM, funded by the European Commission
• Trainer, Training on project financing, feasibility and sensitivity analysis for senior executives in government, in the Urban water sector for STEM
1998-2006 Bangalore, India Tata Consultancy Services Consultant, Group Leader • Team Leader and Project Manager for study on Seamless integration of Administrative Functions for a Multi-location high Technology government organization in Space Research in Bangalore, India
• Project Manager for Advisory Services for Setting up a Government Online Centre for the National Computer Board, National Computer Board, Government of Mauritius
• Project Manager for Impact Evaluation study for the WB assisted Karnataka Integrated Rural Water Supply & Environmental Sanitation Project for the Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department, Government of Karnataka
• Project leader for assisting the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) to carry out the private participation in water supply / sewerage projects and assisting the BWSSB in negotiating with the preferred bidder for award of contract. Was also External advisor in evaluating investment decisions and Project Consultant for Financial Feasibility study for two Sewage water tertiary treatment projects for the BWSSB.
• Project Manager for developing a computerised MIS for project monitoring for the Karnataka Urban Water Supply and Drainage Board, Bangalore, India
1993-1998 Bangalore, India Tata Consultancy Services Associate Consultant • Team Leader for Comprehensive Long-Range Plan for Marketing and market development for Coir and Coir products, Coir Board, Government of India.
• Team Leader for Organisation Structure Review and Redesign of the Design and Project Management group for Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited.
• Team Member for Comprehensive Management Improvement Study for Loka Shikshana Trust, Bangalore.
• Team Leader for the Organisation Structure and Renewal study for Karnataka State Pollution Control Board, Bangalore, India.
• Project Manager for study on Corporate Plan for Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Limited, Bangalore
• Team Leader for Development of Perspective and Business Plan for Karnataka State Handicrafts Development Corporation Limited, Bangalore
• Team Leader for Strategy for Long tern viability of two Environmental Training Institutes at Bangalore and Chennai, set up under Danish Assistance jointly with the State Pollution Control Boards, DANIDA, Bangalore.
• Team Member for Market Feasibility for Forgings for Elgi Equipment Ltd, Coimbatore, India.
• Team Member for Organisation Structure study for Karnataka Housing Board, Bangalore
1989-1993 Bangalore, India Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Consultant • Team Leader for Training Needs Analysis and Formulation of Training Programs for technical personnel at all levels for the Kerala State Electricity Board, Kerala.
• Team Leader for Sector Study on Bio-technology Industry for Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation, Tiruvananthapuram.
• Team Leader for Development of Master Plan for Utilisation of WFP (a UN Organisation), funds in the Upper Krishna Project area, World Food Program, New Delhi.
• Team Member for developing Master plan and Strategic Options for the Silk Industry as part of the study on “Integrated, Production and Processing and Marketing of Silk and Silk Products” for the Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India; location Bangalore.
• Team Leader for Demand forecasting and Investment Planning Practices in the Power Sector in India, funded by the World Bank, New Delhi, India.
• Team Member for study on Utilisation of various Financing Schemes for promotion of Energy Conservation in Industry, Ministry of Environment, GoI.
• Team Leader for Operations and Marketing Audit for Mysore Electrical Industries Limited, Bangalore.
• Team Leader for Evaluation of Commercial viability for investment in manufacture of Electronic Polyphase Energy Demand Meters for Batliboi and Company Limited, Bangalore.
• Team Leader for Market study for select power electronics products for Premier Polytronics Limited, Coimbatore, India
1986-1989 Hyderabad, India Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Consultant • Team Member for study on Perspective Planning for North Eastern Region in India, Hyderabad.
• Team Leader for Bio-Energy Potential survey for Millieum Block, Shillong, Meghalaya and estimation of Bio Mass Potential and identifying areas for its utilisation, Government of Meghalaya, Shillong.
• Team Member for Analysis of Electricity Tariff structure for Neyveli Lignite Corporation, a power utility, Hyderabad
• Team Member for Organisation Structure Design for implementation of "New Education Policy" for 'Department of Education ', Government of India, Hyderabad.
• Team Member for Information System Design for implementation of "Technology Mission on Oil Seeds" - project for Government of India. The study involved information linkage planning and reporting systems design within and across a variety of organisations participating in the above project. Location : Hyderabad
• Team Leader for Design of Management Information System for Andhra Pradesh Forest Development Corporation, Hyderabad.
• Team Member for Information Needs and Information Elements identification for "Monitoring and Evaluation System" for Urban Community Development Project, Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad. Also involved in preparation of Process Chart for Housing Program under Urban Community Development Project, Location: Hyderabad.
• Team member for study on Organisation Structure for the Thirumala Thirupathi Devastanams, Tirupathi, India
1981-1981 New Delhi, India Indian drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited (IDPL) Assistant Design engineer As Assistant Design Engineer, responsibilities included development and design work for Electrical Installations for New Pharmaceutical units undertaken by IDPL, preparation of specification, tender evaluation, etc.
1979-1981 Bangalore, India Mecon (India) Limited Assistant Design engineer As Assistant Design Engineer, responsibilities included preparation of Working Drawings for Electrical Installations, Lighting Systems, Preparation of Specifications, Evaluation of tenders, etc.
1978-1979 Mumbai, India Maharashtra State Electricity Board
Junior engineer Junior Engineer (O&M), responsibilities included operation and maintenance of sub-transmission and distribution lines, Transformer Centres etc.
1977-1978 Chennai, India Indian Express (M) Ltd., Madras Engineer Junior Engineer, responsibilities included maintenance of Electrical Systems in printing machinery, sub-stations, ..
10. Independent / Freelancing Professional Engagements since 2009
a) Analysis of impact of electricity tariff revisions and filing a representation to the Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC), against the proposed tariff increase for the Bangalore Water Supply & Sewerage Board (BWSSB). Based on the success achieved, further retained for the subsequent year to assist them in the same task
b) Short term consultancy assistance for Thi-opportunities (registered with freelancer.com),
on investment related proposals in Indian
• Energy sector (Renovation And Modernization of Thermal Power Plants, Coking Coal Washery, Thermal Coal Imports
• Ports Sector
• Setting Up Low Cost Housing in Urban Peripheries
Business plan for a pan India training services in the financial services sector in collaboration with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) of the Government of India
c) Competition study for personal financial advisory services for an Australian client
d) Market study for dis-intermediated web based staffing services for an Australian client
e) Business plan for setting up a youth oriented Club in Pierce county a suburb of Washington, an academic assignment
f) Consultancy for setting up business in various global geographies for Right Hand Drive (RHD) used vehicles for a Singapore based client
g) Competition analysis and business development for setting up Custom Broking Services for a client in Nogales, Arizona, USA
h) Content research, analysis, development and structuring for an Immigration Services website for an Australian Client
i) Market study for Kerala State Bamboo Corporation Limited on Bamboo-mat board with glass fibre-plastic/PU composite, an eco-friendly and wood-substitute paneling Board, fast catching up in the market.
j) Project Management Training for Irrigation Engineers: government of Andhra Pradesh
k) Training on Negotiation skills for senior managers of Bharat Electronics Limited
l) Training on strategic planning for SMEs
m) Several research / academic assistance assignments for overseas MBA students
dissertation and thesis writing preparation classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest dissertation classes to help you.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹500||Not available||₹400|
|5 hours||₹400||Not available||₹2,000|
|10 hours||₹300||Not available||₹4,000|