I believe in experiential learning and follow the 80-20 rule. I spend 80% of the time on pratical experience, simulations, activities and pratice. The remaining 20% would be on theory, concepts and lectures. I help people in connecting the dots and thinking the bigger picture of the topic.
Bacherlor's in Science from Delhi University and MBA from HongKong, with 12 years of experience in India, New York and HongKong. Career and Leadership coach with expertise in professional development, right from profile building, resume writing, interview coaching, Global MBA consulting etc. I can teach personaaly and to a group as well.
MBA, The Chinese University of Hong Kong Aug 2017 – Nov 2018
SH Jan Utthan Foundation, New Delhi - India
Director & Founder Sep 2016 – July 2017
Founded SH Jan Utthan, to empower the underprivileged youth through skill development and to develop a self-sustainable foundation.
• Organized workshops and trained people on computers, designing & tailoring and paper craft to facilitate employment opportunities for the youths. Generated employment for 25 people with an average monthly income of USD300.
• Entered contracts with 7 small corporations for online data entry jobs, 12 local vendors & stores for the supply of paper bags & crafts, 10 tailors & designers and generated monthly sales of USD4,000, USD1,000 & USD1,000 respectively.
• Raised USD8000 in first 6 months, recruited 25 underprivileged individuals and 15 volunteers in 3 months and generated an average revenue of USD7,000/month.
Standard & Poor’s Global Market Intelligence, Gurgaon - India (1 year in New York)
Project Leader – Client Management & Business Operations Sept 2007- July 2016
Client Engagement / Business development
• Managed and led the client engagement and business development process for APAC region for close to 5 years. Key responsibilities included pre-sales research, client acquisition and post-sales support, to create a life time value.
• Driven key insights and business intelligence to develop new opportunities and nurture existing accounts.
• Monitored client accounts regularly and built robust feedback and engagement processes to identify the client’s requirements and provide them with the best solution.
• Managed a team of more than 12 client executives, supported and coached them to drive performance.
• Handled big client accounts for specific teams such as M&A, Fundamentals, Industry classification, Market data & Corporate actions for almost 5 years and provided thought leadership.
• Project Lead for “Credit Suisse” client and handled one of the biggest accounts of S&P. Reduced the turnaround time from 120 to 30 minutes in terms of the problem resolution.
• Executed six different projects (June 2013 – May 2014), including Digital Transformation Projects, based on client engagement process and feedback and introduced new product features such as M&A valuation page for investment banking, mini chatbot and portfolio analytics for investment management clients; Helped in attracting new contracts worth USD125,000.
Business Transformation/ Project Management
• Worked in post-merger integration of S&P and SNL financials with respect to Gurgaon operations, built a new operating model, identified lean and redundancies across different business units and saved cost of approximately USD140,000.
• International Experience: Only person selected in Global Rotation Program (2014) after a rigorous process from 1000+ employees of S&P Gurgaon. Worked at S&P New York for 1 year as a part of program, executed a product development project in collaboration with internal and external clients and helped S&P to sign a USD30,000 contract.
• Implemented Six Sigma methodologies for a team of 120 people, executed numerous Process & Data Quality improvements, provided a liaison with IT teams for transformation and saved cost of USD260,000. Received a Silver Ace award in 2015.
• Partnered with internal and external vendors, evaluated various alternatives on robotics process automation project for 8 months, to fully automate the research processes.
• Managed Big Data, built data architecture & integration plans, data governance, performed data analytics and used business intelligence methodologies to take business decisions, such as introduction of new products/tools, expansion into new markets.
• Extensive global research experience (primary & secondary) across different domains such as companies, fundamentals, private equity, investment banking, asset & investment management, M&A, IPO’s, corporate actions and market data etc.
• Project management responsibilities includes project strategy, planning, managing stakeholders, communication & driving change to support business growth.
Leadership & Team Management
• Managed diverse operations and led teams for M&A, IPO, private placements, market data & corporate actions, fundamentals, news etc. ranging from 6-22 people for close to 5 years. The operations responsibilities included quality assurance, process improvements, recruitment, performance management and mentoring.
• Led the SOP committee (standard operating procedures) for 2 years, formulated standard operating procedures and guideline for various financial data teams in the firm.
• Turned around an underperforming team of 20 people at S&P Hyderabad within 4 months which led to a 50% improvement in quality and productivity and saved 8 FTE’s. Received a Bronze Ace award in 2013 for this project.
• Led and designed a quality champ initiative/competition to motivate people and enhance data improving team’s quality by 30%.
• Conducted “Leadership Essentials” workshops throughout the organization with an objective to instil a culture of leadership. I was the only person from the mid-level to conduct this workshop and rest all the people were from senior management.
• Mentored people ranging from 6-17 across locations such as Argentina, Buenos Aires and Hyderabad and coached them in understanding business, industry, processes and workflows.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Gurgaon, India
Unit Manager Mar 2007 to Aug 2007
• Led corporate sales for a team of 20 people, designed product and sale strategies.
• Responsible for day to day operations including process improvements, team management, motivating the team, quality of services and collaboration with different teams such as claims, underwriting etc.
• Recruited 30 financial advisors, generated USD25,000 sales in 3 months and was recognized as a top performer.
MBA, The Chinese University of Hong Kong August 2017 – November 2018
Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing, ICFAI University, India July 2005 – Feb 2007
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, University of Delhi July 2001 – June 2004
• Sig Sigma Black Belt from KPMG
• Financial Modelling & Valuation from Copal Amba, a Moody’s Company (2015)
• Big Data basics – Supervised big data projects at S&P
Language Skills: Hindi (Native) and English (Fluent)
IT Skills: VBA, SPSS, R, Salesforce, Omniture, Tableau, and basic SQL.
Team Leader for 25 people to work for Smile Foundation and Khushboo Welfare under S&P community impact projects (2012-2016). Received an Ace award for outstanding contribution to the local community. Member of SH Jan Utthan Foundation post July 2017.
Playing Cricket & Squash, Cycling, Reading, Half Marathon, Adventure Sports such as Sky Diving & Para Gliding.
Awards and Activities:
• Winner of best Cricket Captain and team in 2004, 2006 and 2015 at college and S&P Global corporate tournaments, Best Carom player from 2013-2016 at various corporate events.
• Represented CUHK at HEC Paris Business Case Competition 2018 in Paris. Organized Fintech day, start-up eco-system events at CUHK in association with Invest HK and FTAH HK. Organized yoga day, CUHK marathon and trekking event for the Sports Club.
career coaching classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership classes for all!
Taking job searching classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|