Yoga, a word that has grown highly prevalent over the past few years, is adopted by people from all walks of life. This technique propels a form of meditation and dedication that promotes physical, mental, social, cognitive and social psychosocial well-being.
When we decipher the meaning of cognition it depicts the mind’s ability to process thoughts on the basis of situations or experiences. On the other hand, motor skills involve bodily movements, flexibility, balance and strength. When these two concepts are in conglomeration, it enables physical and mental stability.
Yoga is the element that bridges the gap between motor and cognition.
An effective yoga practice course will bring you umpteen benefits if followed on a regular basis. One must always keep in mind that no one is debarred from practising yoga pertaining to age group, physical disability and sexual orientation. The yoga classes are the ultimate way to heal chronic health issues: asthma, bronchitis, back pain, muscle pain, cramps, paralysis (mild and moderate) etc.
There are innumerous reasons that’ll showcase the advantages of practising yoga asanas. Practising yoga postures only for a brisk time can help you derive a conscience about your body. This will help you to identify various bodily imbalances and hold them in alignment. Keep reading the article to learn about how a full-fledged yoga practice course, whether performed at home or under an expert’s guidance can be useful in treating back pain.
Top 4 ways to heal back pain through yoga-
When you practice yoga for a purpose, you’ll definitely derive spectacular results. Discussed below are some quintessential ways that can help you grow into a flexible and stronger version of yourself.
Practice Yoga Postures from Yoga Teacher at Home
The lower back can be sensitive and tender for some people due to which several back pain issues occur. The primary cause can emerge from a poor posture, sitting in one place for prolonged hours, lifting heavy things, bending for a longer duration, strain in muscle or ligament, bulging disks, bone injuries and severe psychosocial causes like Arthritis and Osteoporosis. This in turn leads to some bodily defects like shortening of the hip muscle due to excessive tightness and rigidity.
If you are facing similar impediments, yoga is just the right remedial measure to bring back the original buoyancy and flexibility, by setting your body alignment right. Listed below are some important yoga asanas that you can practice under yoga teacher’s/ expert’s guidance.
One of the easiest yoga postures yet among the highly effective ones. It pacifies the tension on your back joint by increasing and aligning the spine, allowing a complete stretch with no discomfort. The yoga teacher at home will assist you to follow the procedures to perform this asana for the period of 1-3 minutes.
- Sit on your yoga mat with legs half folded, knees and hip at a distance and your feet joined together. Now, take a deep breath and keep your torso over your thighs.
- Once you have attained the posture, try to stretch your neck and spine by keeping your ribs far from your tailbone and the head at a distance from your shoulders.
- Keep your forehead on the ground and extend your arms in front by maintaining the resting position.
- Hold the position for one to three minutes at least.
This is yet again a compelling posture that an expert will suggest in order to treat back pain issues. Under the supervision of a yoga teacher, you can practice this for at least 3 minutes, however, beginners are suggested to stick to one minute. This exercise promotes stability, improves the neutral spine for a better posture and alleviates pressure from the back.
- To start off, keep your shoulders and hips straight balancing on your wrists and knees respectively.
- Then inhale and exhale by adopting the cat posture: bulging your spine by keeping your head crown down.
- Again, inhale and keep your head, tailbone and chest for the formation of cow pose and look towards the ceiling/top side.
- Perform this for a maximum of one to three for a flexible back.
Downward Facing Dog Curve
This exercise is recommended the most by yoga teachers to improve lower back problems, inversions and rigid calf muscles. Down Dog posture can help repair the unwanted tightness on your legs and back stretching out the hamstrings and calves. Follow the steps instructed/ read by your teacher to attain the best ever results.
- Sit in a child’s pose and place your hands on the surface/ floor. Then sit on your knees and raise your butt to form a downward facing dog-like posture.
- Try to straighten your legs facing the floor.
- While you elongate your legs ensure to support them with your fingers.
- Rest your head between the arms to see through your legs or a little up to your belly to make it intense.
- Keep doing it for one to three minutes maximum.
A Beginners Yoga Instructor Will be Fit for the Start
Yoga demands ethics and devotion to attain the best results. It's high time to make your body physically, mentally and spiritually fit with a good natural back curve. Yoga comes in all forms, if you are a beginner, you need to endure, imbibe and read thoroughly the steps that your yoga instructor provides. Being a beginner to the concept of yoga, it is important to hire a beginners yoga instructor through an online medium or attend yoga studios to learn the spectacular art of yoga.
This pose strengthens the back joint and lower leg muscle, keeping your core region strong and flexible.
- Lie down on your stomach with legs intact and in a straight posture.
- Keep your elbows under your shoulders and forearms and raise your chest up.
- Relax your hips and thighs on the floor and try to elongate your spine and shoulder.
- Now sit in a usual posture to extend the back.
- Do this yoga for one to three minutes to enable a better breathing pace and core strength.
Knees to Chest with Slow Rock
Among the various types of asanas, the Knees to Chest with Slow Rock posture is followed in every yoga class. It creates a gradual motion that offers a basic stretch to the body and lower core muscles.
- Rest on your back and bring both knees close to your chest.
- Slowly bring your torso in a backward and forward movement while holding the ankle of your legs.
- Practice this for at least one to three minutes, for beginners the yoga teacher will suggest practising for a minute only.
Reclined Pigeon Pose
Reclined Pigeon Pose, also known as Supta Kapotasana firmly relieves the hip joint that appears to be tight and discomforting. In the yoga classes, the instructor will ask you to practice this asana with each leg for around one to three minutes, however, it is up to your comfort. It pacifies the rigidity of the hips, butt, and inner thighs.
- Place your back on the floor and keep your right foot over the left.
- Hold the tip of your right leg and bring it toward the chest.
- When you attain a flexible stretch, pause your posture for one to three minutes.
- Repeat it by changing sides.
Learn Yoga Online
Yoga, despite being a tribal concept, has gained popularity in the past few years. Yoga teachers who earlier paid negligible heed for yoga classes in groups now realized it to be highly productive and prudent. A poised, settled and soothing body is what is reciprocated by practising yoga.
The intricate art of yoga can be preached in many forms, whether it be through books, in community centres, yoga studios, gathering in parks or through the virtual levels, the practice of asanas will create an equilibrium between fitness and lifestyle. Catering to the ongoing pandemic crisis, it is suggested by yoga practitioners to learn and practice yoga online under the supervision of experts.
Explore the best yoga virtual space on the global platforms and get skilled professionals. You can also opt-in for various monthly membership offers and enjoy unlimited classes. Some of the top sites that confer online courses are listed below:
This site offers excellent private tutoring, mentoring online and physical courses in yoga with an inexplicable range of 16 million tutors to choose from. The vast array of yoga activities including impactful breathing exercises to develop a healthy system covers them all.
An explicit platform to learn a special kind of chair yoga poses to enable strength and flexibility. The tutors will help the students to develop momentum, stability and relieve stress and anxiety.
How to find Yoga Classes Near Me?
In the article, much of it talks about the importance of attending yoga classes to settle chronic health conditions and muscle pain, especially back and lower back pain. Now, it’s time to spot yoga classes in the respective vicinity. With a superfluous growth of yoga among people from all walks of life, several online websites and mobile applications have been developed to suffice the same. So, are you worried about how to find yoga classes near me? Here are the popularly used websites to track yoga studios are:
- Yoga finder
- Book yoga retreats
Thus, the final verdict stands in that yoga can offer innumerous benefits, only if practised with due diligence. Be it online or offline, yoga can be easily practised by one and all. An investment in yoga will never go in vain. So opt for it, with no delay to attain a healthy balanced life.
The platform that connects tutors and students