Move your joints every day. You have to find your own tricks. Bury your mind deep in your heart, and watch the body move by itself. - Sri Dharma Mittra
The increased popularity and awareness amongst people from all around the world regarding the importance of including yoga sessions as part of their daily routine has been a life-changing switch for all. Yoga is no longer an activity to target one of the key issues of your mental health alone as it has also become a leading workout routine, especially since the pandemic hit the world in March 2020.
But even though the demand for a yoga course is higher than usual today, the understanding of the different styles of yoga poses, postures and exercises involved in one single course is still very little. Thus, to understand better, let us discuss some of the popular yoga poses, styles, etc. in a yoga course, as recommended by a certified yoga teacher.
This yoga style is designed for beginners as it follows a slower pace and instead of the yoga poses, it focuses on breathing techniques. With each session, you will not only see a change in your mental health but also see an alignment between your mind, body and heart simultaneously.
Out of all the yoga styles available in a yoga course, vinyasa yoga is known to be the most challenging and athletic style. In today’s modern world, it is also known as power yoga and it works effectively to help reduce stubborn weight.
This yoga style is more for the intermediate and advanced level yoga enthusiast who have ample practice as it requires high physical strength. It begins with the five sun salutation As and then five sun salutation Bs before moving into a group of different standing and laying down yoga postures.
This is by far the most helpful yoga style of any yoga course as it involves bare minimum movement and easy to find props like blankets, pillows, etc. as the main intention is to relax the mind and body after a long day. Whether you study for long hours of work in one flow, practising yoga right before bed will improve your sleep quality.
This yoga style is designed to help all new mothers as well as pregnant women to keep calm and maintain a balance between mental anxiety and high blood pressure. It basically focuses on different breathing techniques, floor yoga poses, mother-daughter bonding, etc.
Tips for Beginners at Yoga Class
Until and unless you make this decision for yourself to invest in a yoga class, no one can convince you of the same. Yoga practice is a beautiful therapeutic procedure to let out your inner inhibitions with different breathing techniques to feel a sense of calm within the body after each session. For all beginners, here are some tips to help you prepare better for your first yoga class.
- The first thing to focus on is accepting that you are willing to invest your time and energy in learning the art of yoga and wish to actively work towards improving your mental and physical being.
- The next thing to keep in mind is to let go of all possible expectations from the yoga class, yourself as well as your peers. This is important as the more you focus on the result alone, the more you disturb the process of learning.
- Do not give up just because your yoga instructor or teacher is focusing on teaching you the different breathing techniques and importance of meditation instead of pushing you physically. One of the biggest parts of yoga is finding your inner strength which only comes through the core of yoga which is breathing.
- Pace up your learning slowly instead of rushing to the next pose as in order to perform the more intricate yoga poses, you need to build a stronger core with the basic yoga poses first.
- Lastly, increase your tolerance for stillness as it is the biggest part of any yoga class or session today. It can get very challenging in the beginning but as you move forward, you will be able to appreciate yourself and your time better.
Benefits of Yoga Teachers at Home
Since March 2020 when the country-wide lockdown was announced, the people have become more comfortable with the concept of conducting as well as participating in different types of classes, including yoga classes, from the comfort of their homes. This is also one of the reasons why at present, the physical number of yoga studios available in the country is lower in comparison to the online yoga classes and courses available.
Some of the benefits of choosing yoga teachers at home instead of going to the studio include the following-
- Personal attention is one of the prime benefits of getting yoga teachers at home, whether online or offline. This is because there will be a limited number of students or just you who will be in the class.
- Increased focus is another advantage of home yoga sessions as you will not practice or learn under the pressure of how the other people around you are doing. This will improve your focus greatly.
- As you will be practising and learning yoga from your home, the potential number of distractions will be fewer as opposed to when you would go to a yoga studio for a yoga class. This will improve your motivation further.
- Additionally, as you can do everything from the convenience of your home from finding the yoga classes or yoga teacher to just lie down on the yoga mat in your room to learn the different yoga poses, it is highly convenient and very flexible as far as time management is concerned because you are the decider.
- Lastly, when you do decide to go for a higher level of yoga course or class, you will have Increased confidence as your learning was designed as per your need and requirement, ensuring your goals are met and your targets are achieved.
Where to find a Beginner Yoga Instructor?
In today’s fast-paced world, everyone loves their electronic devices and feel more socially acceptable when they connect with friends on social media platforms. For the same reason, choosing an online module to find a beginner yoga instructor to guide your journey towards becoming a yoga professional is the only smart option.
There are multiple digital platforms available globally that offer yoga classes and yoga courses of different levels to fit every need and requirement. One such platform is Superprof that focuses on creating a large database of yoga teachers as well as yoga courses to help connect the students interested in yoga to the right choices. It follows a simple procedure of sign-up before you can begin looking for yoga instructors to conduct your yoga classes at home.
All you need to do is fill up some basic details before you begin exploring the portfolio of teachers and yoga instructors available not only in your area but also worldwide.
How to Start Yoga Classes at Home in 2021?
In 2021, the new big thing is getting everything done while sitting at home. This is partially out of choice and partially out of government limitations and rules. However, even though the benefits of going to a yoga studio are plenty, if you are a true yoga enthusiast, not being able to visit the studio should not stop you from beginning your yoga classes. So, are you wondering how to start yoga classes at home in 2021? Let us discuss some quick pointers to help you prepare better.
- The first thing you need to do is to mentally prepare yourself to dedicate a fixed amount of time to the yoga class of your choice. You can explore the multiple levels of yoga courses and classes available, both online and offline, each teaching different styles and yoga poses.
- The next thing you need to do is find your yoga care and keep it on the go. The yoga gear is basically your yoga mat as that is all you truly need to practise yoga. You can also use other supplies available at home like pillows, belts, etc. to increase the intensity of your yoga session.
- After this, you need to move your selected gear to the dedicated space you wish to assign for your yoga class. This is important as you need to give yourself enough space and minimal distractions to make the most of your yoga class at home.
- The last thing to do is to shut off all distractions and pick your favourite yoga class or YouTube video of your favourite yoga instructor, like yoga Adriene, to get into the right mindset and find the right flow to begin your yoga class at home. This is more of a pre-yoga class routine to help you set the mood right.
Therefore, there is so much more to yoga than just physical and mental well-being. Yoga brings together the inside of the body with the outside and awakens the conscious mind to improve the overall quality of life. It is never too late to begin so pick your yoga class or binge-watch yoga videos to get well acquainted with the concept before finally signing up for your first ever yoga session. Get on Superprof and find the right course today.
The platform that connects tutors and students