Yoga, a Sanskrit analogy that originated from ancient India, has an undeniable significance in contemporary times.
Due to its growing craze in current times, it has gained a massive following on various social media platforms. Yoga comes from the word 'yuji' that means 'union'. Yoga practice classes involve a line of breathing exercises, meditation, and poses. Top online yoga courses by highly qualified yoga teachers can be discovered online. From vinyasa flow to Suryanamaskar, you can avail best yoga classes to practice at home.
With the growing trendsetting yoga wave, you can now avail of an online yoga class, free trial sessions, and live workout on various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. This article presents a glimpse of 10 Yoga influencers to follow on social media.
Every set of yoga influencers and their adopted methods of doing yoga will offer you different benefits-
Australian yoga practitioner Sjana Elise Earp is known for her flawless body flow poses, live workout sessions and intrinsic online yoga classes videos. Interestingly, she also performs underwater yoga poses with all charm and flexibility. Her account will bring you an insight into all kinds of yoga asanas performed for strengthening your body and mind. You can watch her free yoga classes on YouTube.
Yoga With Adriene
Adriene is considered one among the top yoga instructors whose YouTube channel is well acclaimed by yoga practitioners across the world. She has an entire assemblage of yoga poses available on her Instagram and YouTube feed. She also gives tips and tricks to soothe mental health.
A non-binary yoga influencer with over 20 years possesses a Yoga Alliance certification. The Instagram feed crafted by Kalapa and team brings its viewers the best yoga poses that can be practised at home for every level learner. This channel will bring you an exclusive space for online yoga exploration.
Melanie Iznaola's page is known for endorsing mothers and women to enhance their capabilities and empower their intellect. She is the epitome of hope and resilience. She often conducts new day-wise activities that involve different yoga poses, meditation tips and quick workouts.
Faith Hunter initially started her venture in yoga training that begins in the 1990s as an aid for his elder brother's ailment. After years of dedication, she became mindful and mastered the art of yoga. She offers free trial sessions on her social media platforms to help cope up with the external forces. Her practice involves kundalini yoga, vinyasa flow and various kinds of meditation and breathing techniques.
For around 13 long years, Mathieu Boldron has been practising the art. He is a certified influencer endorsed by Yoga Alliance. He conducts workshops, training programs and yoga classes across the world. He can be found on platforms like Moves and TINT Yoga. He impeccably combines motivation, strength, creativity and flexibility in his tutorial and Instagram posts.
Derrick “DJ” Townsel
DJ is a professional yoga tutor, yoga fanatic, health and fitness coach who works to inspire people especially men of colour, as stated on his website.
Michael James Wong
Wong is a philanthropist, yoga expert and an author who has published two books namely., Sit Down and Be Quiet. He is working to break the taboos related to men practising yoga. He established a movement to support the same-titled "Boys of Yoga" and a mobile app "Just Breathe" to facilitate yoga lessons. This app confers soothing sounds, sleep tracks, guided meditation and yoga asanas and breathing techniques.
Insta yoga guru Jessamyn Stanley possesses a whopping 66,000 followers on her social media handle. She brings in videos and yoga tutorials keeping in focus mental, physical and social health keeping distractions away. She is also available in her podcast episode Dear Jessamyn, published 2 times a week.
Marjolaine Savoie is the founder of "Morning Marjolaine" which works to empower the female force. She is a matless yoga guru who relies on the smoothness of the floor. She proposes various yoga asanas for beginners, moderate and expert level learners in her social media handles.
Yoga Essentials to be Adhered to
Be it a beginner or an intermediate-level practitioner, there are some quintessentially demarcated requisites before commencing on with your practice. From vinyasa flow yoga to the boat pose, you can subscribe to your favourite YouTube channels and help them augment their channel on the platform. The yoga essentials to be adhered to before every practice are:
- Beware of the obsessive editor's things- there will be yoga tutors asking you to pay in advance and subscribe to their pages, however, it is suggestible to ask for some demo sessions, once satisfied, then proceed on for the association.
- Read Books- To start from scratch, you must go through the rich culture of yoga that has been endorsed in ancient India.
- Practice with a light stomach- it is recommended by doctors to practice yoga with a partially empty stomach. You can have fruit to stay focussed throughout the session.
- Follow YouTube yoga videos- Before starting with the full-fledged classes, look on for some YouTube tutorials and try to practice yoga poses daily.
Find out about some of the best effective yoga classes online here.
- Yoga Mat is your go-to- ensure to keep a yoga mat with you in every yoga session, be it a yoga studio or an online yoga class. To avoid PVC toxicity, buy an organic one (natural cotton, latex and hemp).
- Carry your equipment without fail- Straps and blocks are used for backend support. Ensure to take them along with you for the classes.
- Choose a comfortable outfit- some prescribed clothing pairs are track pants/trousers, vest shirt (for men); built-in shelf bra or sports bra, jogging bottoms (for women).
How to Spot the Nearest Yoga Studios?
Yoga is an age-old concept that is preached at the highest levels in present times. Be it a teenager or a senior person, yoga is followed by one and all. Pertaining to the major following of yoga and meditation, experts and influencers have started giving a day free of yoga download tutorials, yoga workout sessions and breathing styles as a demo offer.
Some trainers offer 2-3 weeks demo classes to have an absolute experience of yoga and several associated meditative postures. Some of the top sites to spot the nearest and the best yoga studios are listed below:
Check for yoga classes near me here on Superprof.
This site offers excellent private tutoring, mentoring online and physical courses in yoga with an inexplicable range of 16 million tutors to choose from. The vast array of yoga activities including impactful breathing exercises to develop a healthy system this website covers.
It is an integrated platform that'll enable you to search for yoga centres at economical rates.
A curated interfaced website that offers its users to spot the yoga studios or classes near their vicinity. Moreover, it possesses a vast selection of yoga experts who will guide you through unique yoga asanas including chair yoga poses to keep you fit and balanced.
Requisite for an Ideal Yoga Teacher
The quest for an ideal yoga teacher is indeed a prudent task. Amongst the huge crowd, when chaos overtakes, you should switch on to reliable sources for your perusal. The listing below is some essential requisites of an ideal yoga teacher.
- Must have Yoga Alliance Certification: A yoga certificate is granted to only those practitioners who have cleared all the possible levels of yoga training with the attainment of purity, cognition and mental peace within themselves.
- Should be patient and poised: A yoga teacher must possess a calm and tolerant character, after all, it is the key to be an idle yoga influencer.
- Have adequate knowledge about the Sanskrit analogies: Yoga being originated from ancient India involves an assortment of Sanskrit terms that is the alternate name of yoga poses.
- From alo moves to weight loss training, he should know it all: A fulfilling yoga practice will only take place if the teacher is well aware of the forces and the changes. Be it alo postures to weight loss techniques, he must be knowledgeable enough to guide his students in the due course of action.
Tips to Find your Ideal Yoga Teacher in India
Mental health has emerged as a much talked about topic that has tremendously grown over the past few years. Yoga being an integral part of mental health facilitates various benefits for the mind, body and soul. If your quest for the best online yoga classes and yoga experts is still on, keep reading to discover the best tips to find your ideal yoga teacher in India.
- Is their approach matching with yours?
Try to find a teacher whose approach and motive will match with yours. For example, if you're seeking to join a weight loss programme, he must be well equipped and knowledgeable on that stance to serve you the best.
- Should be a good 'teacher':
Your yoga tutor must be able to understand your learning pace, adhering to which he must proceed to help you learn the yoga postures. If he is a good teacher, he can deal with all sorts of candidates effortlessly.
- Must be certified:
Last but not the least, he must be a certified teacher with a sturdy experience level.
Yoga as the name suggests is a well-integrated practice that needs dedication and expertise to grow significantly. At your learning pace, it is the tutors who'll usher you to perform the right postures and improve in every possible way. Thus, it is recommended to seek expert help to master every pose and leave no stones unturned.
The platform that connects tutors and students