Yoga strengthens your mind, revives your thinking capacity and adjusts your body to adapt to strenuous situations. Yoga proposes an authentic way to exercise and be physically and mentally fit.
As seen in most of the images available on online platforms or the YouTube tutorial, yoga might be intriguingly tough to practice.
Nevertheless, the fact is sure and simple, you don't have to grow a flexible body or abide by certain parameters to perform it. There are various kinds of yoga, breathing exercises and meditation techniques. To practice it to the fullest, joining yoga classes or studios is a common suggestible way.
Most of us are determined to attend yoga lessons regularly, however, it is quite bewildering to decide from where to start. This article brings you an insight into some primary things you need to ensure before attending yoga lessons.
Read well! This is the most prudent mantra before commencing on with the practice. You should firstly know about the foundation of yoga, its origin, its importance, its purpose and most importantly its life-changing experience. Out of an assortment of books available in the market, some of the best-ever collections for you at all levels (beginner, moderate and expert) are:
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Svātmārāma
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Tsuruji Sahoda
Avoid Taking a Class on a Full Stomach
At the onset, staying empty stomach is one of the important steps when you are set to attend yoga classes, be it in the studio or through the online mode. However, you can eat something light like fruit or bread in a limited quantity to avoid fatigue. At the time of practising yoga poses, you'll have to twist to a required extent to master it. Therefore, a partially empty stomach will suffice the need. Yoga professionals recommend eating fruit, preferably an apple or banana around half an hour or 20 minutes before the yoga practice.
Choose the Perfect Yoga Mat
In most of the yoga studios where regular lessons are conducted, the centre provides mats for practice. But there's no assurance whether it'll be cent per cent hygienic. Therefore, bring your mat to the yoga lessons. Following are some criteria that you should keep in the mind before buying yoga mats:
- Dimensions: at the time of buying an ideal yoga mat for the practice, ensure to check the thickness of it. The thicker it is, the better and more comfortable it will be. However, measure the volume of the mat, take a lightweight mat for your convenience.
- Price range: The price of the yoga mat is indeed an important criterion. Whatever might be the price, never compromise on the quality! You can easily bring yoga accessories at an affordable range starting from INR 300.
- The material used: Nowadays, several companies offer naturally made yoga mats free from toxic PVC. It is made of a 100% blend of latex, hemp and organic cotton.
Choosing an Ideal Attire
A perfect attire will help your body to adapt to the new forms of yoga and practice it comfortably. It is very important to choose the right outfit and not compromise on the standard. The pair of clothes required during the practice are:
- Jogging Bottoms/stretchable leggings
- Form-fitting T-shirt or vest top
- For men: yoga kurta and track pants/trousers
- For women: built-in shelf bra and sports bra
For many expert-level yoga classes, a technical and logistically structured attire is suggested. Yes, you're good to go now!
Ensure to Take all the Props/equipment to Class
Before arriving for the yoga lessons do ensure to carry the necessary tools along with you. The miscellaneous equipment required for a sturdy practice are listed below:
- A strap and blocks - these tools provide support to help your body adapt to the poses with all ease. Straps and blocks enable your body to bend and twist during yoga practice.
- Blanket - a yoga mat is undoubtedly an essential need while the yoga practice. However, the use of the blanket will facilitate proper seating posture in turn giving you a cosy and enjoyable experience.
Build a Rapport with your Yoga Teacher
Last but not the least, is to develop a good relationship and rhythm with your yoga teacher. This will motivate you to learn the intricate form of yoga. Debarring the learning pace and the perfection level, trust forms a bridge between you and your trainer. Following the exact technique of the teacher might be a difficult ball game. It is necessary to inform your yoga instructor the same to help you and your body to catch on with the working and learning of yoga exercises.
How to Find a Yoga Teacher Near Me?
A yoga teacher plays a crucial role in developing fruitful habits related to its practice among its learners. An experienced troop of experts can impart quality learning and help students to grasp different poses. How can I find a yoga teacher near me? This is one of the most asked questions on every possible platform. This article brings you accurate information that'll help you trace the yoga studios and location of the best yoga classes.
The yoga teacher will endorse a next-level yoga practice, suitable for all age groups. This will amplify strength and flexibility in your body, keeping it mentally, physically and emotionally stable.
Here's a list of essential poses that can be practised during a yoga class or in a yoga studio.
- Vinyasa Flow- Practice Yoga daily, this is the only mantra proposed by various experts across the world. This pose is performed for strength and flexibility. Vinyasa yoga facilitates in building core strength and reduces cortisol levels leading to stress.
- Ashtanga Yoga- Practicing this form of yoga will revive your cells in the body, making it more elastic and potent.
- Hatha Yoga- This is one of the most accepted yoga poses, that fills your body from the "physical, environmental and spiritual," goodness.
- Yin Yoga- Yin yoga is an effectively designed yoga posture that creates an equilibrium in the nervous system and your body while you practice. It soothes the connective tissues, to enable proper circulation of blood, and tissue repair and flexibility in the body.
To search for the perfect yoga teachers, you should rely on trusted sources that offer umpteen perks with an excellent panel of experts for training. The most reliable websites to suffice your quest are:
This site presents its users a stupendous view of private tutoring, online mentoring webcam, or online courses, and its integrated yoga courses with a complimentary 16 million yoga teachers (experts) to choose from.
This is a curated website that displays a wide range of options to choose from. Be it yoga studios, Yin yoga studios, hot yoga centres, etc., this platform fetches them all. Choose from the palette the best yoga class and start your training now!
A Beginners Yoga Instructor is Suggested for the Start
Yoga is an ancient concept that is immersed in ethics, principles, dedication and results. A beginners yoga instructor is always suggested to start with the most beneficial practice of yoga. It helps to relax your mind, body and soul. Yoga helps to reduce the extra layer of fat formed in your body in turn giving you a perfect steep curve.
All of this can be achieved under the guidance and supervision of a yoga teacher. The beginner needs to find a perfect mentor, yoga classes, studios, vinyasa flow classes and range yoga classes to master the art of yoga.
The yoga classes under the expert's advice will enable you to learn different styles of yoga poses on a weekly or monthly basis.
How to Hire Yoga Teachers Online?
Various methods will guide you on the path stating how to hire yoga teachers online? You can opt-in for the best yoga studios and classes offering a monthly membership, month unlimited classes and much more. You can also choose among the best yoga pilates classes in your vicinity. Some of the popularly visited websites to hire yoga teachers online are:
- Superprof - This is a customized website that is built to enhance the customer experience of searching for yoga tutors. Using this app, you can hire tutors that will help to soothe your mind, body and help you learn various yoga poses. The yoga sessions will: help release tension through their special breathing exercises session.
- Upwork - Using this site you can choose your tutor who'll help you learn a wide range of yoga asanas and exercises. An exclusive session by the experts will pave away health-related issues like high blood pressure, muscle weakness, and rigidity.
Tips for Your First Yoga Class
Attending yoga classes regularly is what fulfils the demand of every yoga teacher. However, attending classes isn't just enough to contribute to your physical development. Listed below are some important tips for your first yoga class.
- Be on time, as punctuality, discipline, and commitment is the key to practising yoga flawlessly.
- Ensure to bring your yoga mat and not borrow it from the yoga studio.
- If you're attending online yoga classes, do enable your video camera to create a link between you and your teacher.
- Carry your towels to maintain hygiene post-session.
- Cooperate with your instructor and let them correct your possible flaws.
That's it, now you're all set to experience the goodness, serenity and freshness of yoga.
The platform that connects tutors and students