- The Grooviest Dance Classes in Pune
- A Guide to Finding Dance Classes Near Me with Fees in Hyderabad
- Where to Find Dance Classes in Delhi
- From Bharatnatyam to Ballet: Easily Find Dance Classes in Bangalore
- Dance Classes in Navi Mumbai or Malad: Follow This Comprehensive Guide
- Ballroom or Bharatnatyam Dance Class: Chennai Has it All!
- Where to Find Dance Classes Near Me in Kolkata
- Before You Go...
Dancing has always been held in high regard in Indian culture. The great tradition of classical Indian dances (Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Kathakali, Kuchipudi, Kathak, and Manipuri), as well as Indian folk and tribal dances, bear testimony to this.
Dance is considered a medium to convey stories and a kaleidoscope of emotions. The various movements, in all their grace, are also being employed as a medium of healing (Dance Movement Therapy).
Dance therapy is based on the idea that the body and mind are co-relational.
Given the importance of dance in the tradition and socio-cultural fabric of India, we explore some of the best dance schools and dance studios in the country. As an aspiring dancer, you can choose to become part of group dance lessons or avail the services of expert dance teachers who can provide private dance lessons/ one-on-one dance lessons.
The Grooviest Dance Classes in Pune
No matter what your particular goals are for wanting to learn how to dance, whichever genre of dance you are seeking - Zumba classes, belly dancing, jazz, Bollywood style, disco-funk, Indian classical, folk dances, Latin dance, ballroom dance or any other, there are dance classes available in Pune.
Indian Tribal School
The Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Company, established in 2013, offers the finest belly dance classes in Pune, which are a fusion of oriental belly dance with other styles of belly dance, with a distinctly Indian touch.
Apart from belly dance, the school also teaches American tribal style of dancing.
The School aims to encourage greater male participation in this dance form. Since its inception, the School has successfully trained and guided students on how to become a professional belly dancer. Learning dancing here is not restricted to just the techniques of dancing, but to obtain deeper knowledge about the culture and origins of belly dancing.
Take dance classes near me in India.
Courses on Offer
- Beginners Level: Batches both on weekdays as well as on weekends; fees: INR 2500/month.
- Improvers Level: Monthly fee: INR 2500; course duration: 3 months
- Advance Level: Monthly fee: INR 2500; course duration: 6 months
- Teacher Training: This exclusive program is meant for the students of the School who have completed Probation Certification.
A Guide to Finding Dance Classes Near Me with Fees in Hyderabad
Find the perfect dance classes near me in Hyderabad.
Rhythmzz Academy of Dance
Rhythmzz envisions the message of dance as a universal way of expressing oneself. Established in 2010, the Academy was granted accreditation by the IAO (International Accreditation Organization), in the year 2014.
- Choreographing corporate dance performances.
- Own syllabus for dance.
- Conduct of International Dance Workshops.
- Designing specialty courses for schools called PDC (Professional Dance Course).
- Classes focused on improving fitness levels, confidence, concentration, team spirit, positive thinking, discipline, all-round development, posture, and body language.
- Emphasis on the development of psychological health and maturity through dance.
- Associated with many local schools.
- Dancepiration- Certificate Course for Kids
Where to Find Dance Classes in Delhi
Put on your dance shoes to learn some really cool moves in Delhi.
Pradeep Adwani's Institute for the Performing Arts (PAIPA)
PAIPA, established in 1996, is dedicated to furthering creativity, knowledge, pedagogy, and performance in music and dance, and preparing students for a variety of professions in related fields. PAIPA courses are conducted across summer, monsoon and winter sessions followed by stage shows in the form of fests. The Institute conducts examinations at the end of the courses according to the norms of the Prayag Sangeet Samiti and Trinity College of London, to which it is affiliated.
What's on Offer?
PAIPA offers dance courses in various dance genres, including:
- Jazz dance
- Hip hop dance
- Salsa dance
- Ballroom dance
- Bollywood dance
- Aerobic dance
- Contemporary dance
- Folk dance
From Bharatnatyam to Ballet: Easily Find Dance Classes in Bangalore
Looking for Indian classical dance courses in Bangalore? Check out these great names in the world of dance training in the Garden City.
Natyalaya School of Dance & Music
The School was founded in 2011 with the single aim of spreading the essence of cultural dance and music. Natyaalaya now boasts of over 50,000 students across Bangalore, being ably taught and guided by a faculty of over 500 dance coaches.
There are dance lessons on offer, including both Western and Indian dance forms, for all age groups.
- Belly Dance: Encompasses all styles of belly dancing, complete with essential props such as veils, swords, Poi veils, Finger cymbals [Zills], Fan Veils, Drums, Isis Wings, Canes and Shamadan.
- Kathak: Affiliated to the Trinity College, London, Natyalaya offers certified courses in Kathak.
- Western Dance: Graded course across basic, medium and advanced levels.
- Salsa: Includes substyles such as LA and New York style, Cuban style and so on.
- Hip-hop: Includes acrobatics, breaking, robot, liquid, crumping, Harlem shake, jerkin, floating, popping and locking.
Dance Classes in Navi Mumbai or Malad: Follow This Comprehensive Guide
Learn from the best dance teachers and dance studios in Mumbai.
VR DanceSport specializes in Latin Ballroom dance forms like Salsa, Bachata, Sensual Bachata, Jive, Cha-Cha, Rumba, Waltz, Tango, Samba and so on.
Group Dance Courses
These are intensive training sessions spread over 12 hours. Essentially, two dance forms are covered in these classes - Salsa & Jive / Cha Cha & Bachata. The 12 hours are divided across 8 weeks with 1.5 hours of training/week or 2 hours of training/week for 6 weeks.
Private Dance Lessons
Personalized attention is provided to the individual learning needs of each student in private dance lessons. This helps in refining one's dancing skills, dance techniques, musicality, dance vocabulary, as well as partnering skills. Overall, private lessons build more confidence.
Ballroom or Bharatnatyam Dance Class: Chennai Has it All!
Find dance classes in Chennai.
Tansen Sangeet Mahavidyalaya
Tansen Sangeet Mahavidyalaya is a repository of over 1500 talented musicians, artists, and performers, committed to preparing students for careers in music. Founded in 1972, the School provides expert guidance to aspiring artists for their multidimensional growth and progress.
The Mahavidyalaya is especially adept at providing meaningful guidance to those aspiring to become professional classical dancers in India. It also offers courses in country and western dance forms.
Leo's Dance Academy
The specialty of this dance academy is its offering of dance classes for the differently-abled dance enthusiasts.
The Academy is an epitome of excellence in dance education. It offers a wide array of dance disciplines under one roof. These include Ballet, jazz, tap dance, contemporary, Zumba, salsa, and hip-hop.
Where to Find Dance Classes Near Me in Kolkata
Kolkata offers some of the best dance courses in the country.
Kalakhetram is a complete dance troupe that has been an active participant in the dance and broader cultural landscape of Kolkata, and India, for the past 25 years. Kalakhetram has been ably guided by the distinguished Dr. Subhashish Bhattacharya, Professor at Rabindra Bharati University and Susmita Bhattacharya.
Dance Programs at Kalakhetram
- Folk Dance
- Creative and Contemporary Dance
Kalakhetram takes pride in its positive, stress-free atmosphere of learning that encourages students to develop their creative expression without any inhibitions.
Before You Go...
Learning to dance and improve your dance moves and dance routines can also be done by following dance shows on the television and online dance lessons.
On a parting note, you may want to consider these great options for a career in dance:
- Dance tutor/ dance coach
- Owner of a dance company
- Yoga or Pilates instructor
- Dance photographer/ dance videographer
- Dance costume designer
- Dance therapist
Whether your search is for adult dance classes or kids' classes, intermediate level classes, in your preferred dance style, we hope this comprehensive guide has been able to get you off the blocks and off to nearby dance classes!
The platform that connects tutors and students