Law is not a simple calling to seek. However, there are those few who really feel committed to pursuing a career in law. However, before you take a leap of faith and enroll yourself in a law program in India, it is important to conduct some research into the programs, law schools, and the location of those law schools.
law school requires crazy measures of devotion. Not every person is equipped to deal with it, and that is alright.
Like any subject that students might study at university, studying law also has its good and challenging moments. However, if you are really passionate about the subject, then, you can motivate yourself to be more positive. You will discover that law is a thrilling subject that slowly reveals its greatness to its students! With these noble thoughts in mind, let us review the top law colleges in Bengaluru.
Bengaluru Law College
The College is approved by the Bar Council of India and affiliated with KSLU, Hubbali. The institute strives to produce competent and ethically sound law professionals, committed to the cause of transforming society for the better. It offers the following 2 courses in law education.
- 3-year LL.B. course
- Integrated 5-year B.A. LL.B. course
A dedicated team of highly qualified academicians comprises the faculty which imparts a thorough understanding of subjects and professional skills, supplemented by guest lectures by leading advocates of the country. The College is equipped with spacious classrooms and staffrooms, a Moot Court hall, an excellent library, and an e-library.
University Law College, P.G. Department of Studies and Research in Law
The University Law College, Bangalore University, popularly known as ULC, Bangalore, is a pioneering legal education institute and is widely recognized as one of the country’s best government-run law schools. It has consistently been ranked amongst the top law colleges in India, with a rank as high as the 2nd best law college in the country in the years 2001 and 2004.
B.A., LL.B (Honours) Course (Eligibility)
An applicant seeking admission to the B.A., LL.B. (Honours) Degree Course shall have successfully completed Pre-University Course or Senior Secondary School Course (‘+2’) or equivalent (such as 11 + 1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University in India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government securing in the aggregate, marks not less than 45% (in the case of SC/ST-40% and in the case of OBC-42% as notified by the Government of Karnataka) of the total marks.
LL.M (2 years) Post Graduate Degree Course
The course is offered in the following areas of specialization:
- Constitution and Legal Order
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Labour and Employment Law
- Human Rights and Environmental Law
- Criminal Law
Ramaiah College of Law
The prestigious Ramaiah College of Law (formerly, M. S. Ramaiah College of Law), was established in 1995 with the approval of the Bar Council of India. The College aims to impart quality legal education through a healthy academic atmosphere that would enable students to meet professional challenges with confidence and fortitude. RCLK graduates continue to excel at their profession, working in distinguished law firms and companies.
- 5-year B.A. LL.B. Integrated Program
- 5-year B.Com. LL.B. Integrated Program
- 5-year BBA LL.B. Integrated Program
- Human Rights
- Law and Medicine
- Information Technology Law
- 2-year LLM (Business and Trade Laws)
School of Law, Christ University
School of Law, Christ University (SLCU), Bangalore, is a part of Christ University, Bangalore, was founded and is administered by Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). The School of Law offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral programs in law as per the guidelines of the Bar Council of India and the University Grants Commission. It has a flexible curriculum offering several options in different areas of specialization. It is devised keeping in mind the requirements of the legal profession and academia.
- Bachelor of Law (BA, LLB) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Law (BA, LLB) (Honours) (Delhi NCR Campus)
- Bachelor of Law (BA, LLB) (Honours) (Pune Lavasa Campus)
- Bachelor of Law (BBA, LLB) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Law (BBA, LLB) (Honours) (Delhi NCR Campus)
- Bachelor of Law (BBA, LLB) (Honours) (Pune Lavasa Campus)
- Master of Law (LLM) Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Master of Law (LLM) Constitutional and Administrative Law (Delhi NCR Campus)
- Master of Law (LLM) Corporate and Commercial Law
- Master of Law (LLM) Corporate and Commercial Law (Pune Lavasa Campus)
- Master of Law (LLM) Corporate and Commercial Law (Delhi NCR Campus)
- Master of Law (LLM) Intellectual Property and Trade Law
- Master of Law (LLM) Intellectual Property and Trade Law (Pune Lavasa Campus)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Research Methodology (PGDR)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Law
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Law (Pune Lavasa Campus)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Law (Delhi NCR Campus)
Why Choose Christ University
The programs offered at the School of Law incorporate a number of special opportunities such as internships, clinical programs, supervisory research, and writing. To promote interaction between students and legal professionals, seminars, guest lectures, and workshops are conducted on various subjects of law at regular intervals. In addition to the mandatory courses spanning across a ten-semester program, the School of Law has also introduced numerous other value-added courses and programs for the benefit of students. Moreover, the University puts forth a strong case for itself due to the following reasons:
- One of the most preferred law schools in India
- Best faculty-student ratio in the country
- One of the most resourceful law libraries in the country
- An inter-disciplinary holistic and dynamic approach to learning
- Continuous industry-academia institution interface
- Innovative learning methods are adopted
- Opportunity for students to attend summer internships in foreign universities
- Opportunity to interact with faculties from foreign universities
- Inculcating social responsibility in students through village visits and working with NGO's
Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies
The Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, popularly known by its acronym, “BILS”), is one of the well known affiliated private law colleges, consistently ranked among the top few in India. The Institute offers an environment of academic excellence for the students by way of any-time accessible Heads of the Institution, strong faculty support, and a well-equipped library. The B.A., LL.B. integrated double degree course combines Bachelors' degree course in Arts together with the Bachelors' degree course in Law.
- The course leading to a Bachelors Degree in Law (LL.B.,) is of five years duration. LL.B., Degree is awarded to those students who successfully complete the five-year course. Lateral entry and lateral exit are prohibited with effect from 2009, as per the Bar Council of India Rules.
- Teaching and training in the college are undertaken in accordance with the regulations of the Bar Council of India. The college is affiliated to Karnataka State Law University from the current academic year-2009 follows the syllabus prescribed by the university.
National Law School of India University
The National Law School of India University, also known as NLSIU, Bangalore is the top NLU among the 23 NLUs. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is accredited with an “A” Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). In 2020, it was ranked number 1 for Law by NIRF and India Today. It was also ranked number 1 for NLUs by NIRF and CLAT cut off, and number 1 for Law by Outlook and The Week.
The NLSIU, Bangalore offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs across various specializations of Law, such as Business Law, Human Right Law, Public Policy, etc. Apart from the full-time programs, it also offers several programs under the Directorate of Distance Education. Apart from the regular courses, NLSIU, Bangalore also offers a student internship program and a student exchange program. It also gives an opportunity to the students to conduct research on various topics through its research centers. The campus is well-equipped with all basic facilities, including, labs, halls, an auditorium, smart classrooms, Wi-Fi, and a library. The School also has a student placement training facility that helps students to get job opportunities. It also conducts placement drives for the students.