Every chess master was once a beginner. - Irving Chernev
The ongoing work and study from home situation globally has encouraged people to invest in activities that challenge them mentally. This is especially important as maintaining mental stability has become a prime requirement to keep up with the COVID-19 situation. Out of all the games available to challenge your mental capabilities, chess is world-renowned to offer multiple benefits to everyone who invests their time into learning the different chess tactics today.
The growing interest of people regarding chess lessons is directly related to the increase in the availability of chess classes, both offline and online. So, what are some of the key reasons why people today choose to invest in chess lessons? Let us find out below.
One key requirement from a chess player is having the ability to memorise all the right moves, combinations and tactics to win the game. As per research, auditory memory is the most effective method of learning chess efficiently.
According to multiple studies, students and adults who actively participate in chess playing and just lessons have higher creative ability. This is because just as a game increases the overall potential and value of creative thinking skills.
Reduced Chances Of Dementia
The mental ability and flexibility that the game of chess requires can help the older generations prevent dementia. As the game is mostly all about memory, critical thinking skills and visual skills, the chances of cognitive disbalance are reduced greatly.
Improved Planning Ability
The game of chess is all about observing the opponent move before making the move from your end. This strategic and patient contemplation is one of the key chess tactics. Additionally, it encourages the brain to function faster and work towards planning more accurately in the game and overall.
Especially for young children who are starting their journey with chess, this game teaches them multiple different life lessons. Some of the key ones include the importance of winning and losing which makes you a stronger person overall, the introduction to the concept of consequence and repercussions, confidence and focus booster, etc.
Can You Play Chess Online?
The ease of the internet came in handy in the times of global lockdown and the stress wave that overshadowed the entire world due to the emergence of Covid-19. Initially, chess was supposed to be the game that required face-to-face sit down between the players to begin the battle of cognitive thinking skills.
However, now when the entire world is demanding different resources to keep themselves busy, investing in a game like chess online seems like a good option. But do you have enough resources to practice your knowledge gained from online chess classes and online chess lessons?
The answer is yes. Just as the internet brought about the increasing awareness and opportunities of online learning, the chess courses, both free chess courses and paid ones successfully prepare you to compete with top chess players online. There are multiple different online platforms that allow players to come together and compete at the level of their expertise on a global connectivity network. Some of the top websites with user-friendly interfaces to play chess online include:
- Chess.com: It is the biggest chess community online and has recently gained massive popularity during the global pandemic as players from different countries organised chess games and performed brilliantly.
- Lichess: It is free of cost and open to all online chess servers that provide multiple game options to the players of all different levels along with some training tips to compete better. It offers a variety of round the clock competitions and tournaments.
- Playchess.com: It is data-driven software run by ChessBase and allows multiple chess game options for relatively new players and beginners to allow them to practise before competing at the bigger platforms like chess.com
- Chess24: It is another top player in the market to host chess players to play chess online. It follows a membership pattern and with a higher premium, you can avail multiple benefits along with different training opportunities.
Pros And Cons Of Online Chess Class
Even though the popularity of online classes for the educational sector has been the highest in the last two years, the effectiveness of subject-based online classes can differ from hobby-based online classes.
Chess is a game that requires patience, problem-solving ability, intuition and prediction, in-depth observation and thinking. These skills are a must for any chess player wanting to eventually contest on a professional level, both nationally and internationally. So, to understand better, let us look into some common advantages and disadvantages of an online chess class.
Benefits Of Online Chess Class
- Highly convenient with better flexibility.
- Easy and increased accessibility.
- An improved virtual learning environment.
- Increased focus and improved dedication.
- Individual attention guaranteed, which is necessary to learn chess.
- Better knowledge grasping ability as each of the chess tactics is taught elaborately.
- Less time consuming and expensive as it does not require the aspiring chess players to move to a different location for class or buy additional materials.
- Possible development of better self-discipline as not only does the game require discipline and patience, the online classes will also encourage the students to follow a strict chess class routine.
- No face to face in-person interaction might be a necessity for training the essential chess tactics.
- Online chess classes may create a sense of isolation like no other team player to support or encourage will be present.
- It can make procrastination a common habit as online chess classes can be scheduled as per the need and requirements of both the student and the teacher and thus can be delayed as per convenience.
How To Learn Chess Online In India?
Just as the concept of online classes, online education and multiple online courses are taking over the entire world, the availability of resources to train you in chess are plenty too. We are well aware of the global reach of online options to learn chess are plenty but do you have the same in India? Are you wondering how to learn chess online in India? One of the most convenient and effective methods to do so today is as mentioned below.
There are a variety of online websites that offer chess players the opportunity to practise their skills through chess tournaments and games with players not only nationally but also on international grounds. Similarly, there are multiple different online platforms that offer online chess lessons and online chess classes to help students willing to learn the art of chess during a lockdown.
One such online platform is Superprof that successfully connects aspiring chess enthusiasts and professional chess teachers. The sign-up process for both teachers and students is fairly easy and the options available for chess tutors are plenty. You can connect with a chess teacher or chess coach from your city, state, country or even international professionals.
Overall, it is never too late to invest and learn, know, play chess as the game of chess is highly recommended for all age groups as it serves different benefits to each. So, do not wait any longer and sign up with Superprof today to start learning the best mind-boggling board games today.
How To Qualify As A Chess Teacher?
Garry Kasparov, one of the best chess players and the world chess champion was also a chess coach and a chess master to many in the initial years. He believed that continuous practice is the main guiding force that enhances your overall ability to play the game of chess. Even now, Kasparov teaches chess masterclass every once in a while to prepare more real-time world champions globally. So, to successfully conduct chess lessons at beginners, intermediate and advanced levels, what are some of the important characteristics required from a chess teacher? Find out below-
- The first and the most important characteristic required to qualify as a chess teacher teaching modern chess is having the aptitude required for teaching students. This is important as it directly shows your ability to hold, enlighten and instruct others about the game rules.
- The second important characteristic is improved communication skills that consist of self-confidence to take on an authoritative teacher role and good diction to clearly convey or just tactics for the chess player in the making.
- The open-mindedness to learn and improve your existing chess level is the next important characteristic. As a chess teacher or chess coach, having the desire to keep on learning and accepting game suggestions and tips from aspiring players makes you a better chess master altogether.
- Lastly, having the knack for improving your overall game with regular practice and imparting the same knowledge to your students is a highly essential characteristic of a chess teacher.
Overall, you can offer chess lessons to any aspiring chess player willing to learn chess and successfully become a world player in the future if you have most of the above-mentioned qualities. There is no set book to teach you how to play the game but with the help of a Chess class, whether as a student or a teacher, you can successfully increase your learning capability.
The platform that connects tutors and students