Chess is the gymnasium of the mind. - Blaise Pascal
The benefits of enrolling your child in an online chess class are plenty, not only for your child alone but also for yourself. Some top benefits of an online chess class include high convenience, increased flexibility, variety of options, better discipline, improved routine during a lockdown, etc. But there are also many additional life lessons that are very helpful for the children and are conveyed successfully through online chess courses. These are-
Better Decision Making
One of the most important life lessons learnt through online chess classes that an online chess teacher swears by is the ability to make better decisions. When you learn chess through online chess lessons, you are required to be more careful about your move and observant about the opponent’s move to ensure you make the right step ahead to win as the ultimate chess player.
Effective Time Management
Initially, during the first few online chess classes, you can take your own sweet time to understand the game and plan your moves effectively. However, with time and to increase your level of expertise, you would have to play different forms of chess games like rapid chess or timed chess games where you would have to be quick with your plan of action.
Additionally, as the classes are online with an online chess teacher, you will have to align your time and routine according to class timings, improving overall time management.
Learning From Failures
The whole concept of a game of chess is that one player has to rule and defeat the other. For children, the concept of learning from failing comes at a later stage in life. However, with the help of online chess courses and online chess games on different websites like chess.com, you can help your child develop skills to accept defeat and fight it in the future.
Increased Strategic Skills
Even the best online chess course cannot teach you the exact tactics to win a chess game. The game is unpredictable and is also dependent on how the opposition moves ahead in the game.
No matter whether you take chess lessons at beginners intermediate level or hire a professional chess coach, in order to win a game, you will need to strategize which comes as a necessary skill as you grow up.
Can You Play Chess Online India?
The availability of the internet has allowed so many different websites to come up with focused server platforms to allow chess players, both new and old, to come together and practice the skills to improve. Some of the sites you can play chess online India include the following:
It is one of the biggest chess communities available online. It has recently gained popularity during the global pandemic because it allowed players from different countries all around the globe to come together and play organised chess games and to perform and improve their expertise.
It is free of cost website solely designed to allow chess players, both beginner level as well as professional, to play online, with multiple game options of all different levels available. It also has plenty of training tips to compete and become better at the game. Additionally, it hosts multiple competitions and tournaments.
It is one of those data-driven software platforms run by the well-known ChessBase. It offers multiple chess game options, for all levels, beginners to learn the knowledge of the game and professional level to allow them to practise before competing at the bigger platforms like chess.com.
It is a recent addition to the list for chess players to play chess online. It follows a membership pattern and offers multiple benefits, to those with a premium membership.
All About Piece Movements From Chess Teacher
The most crucial part of your chess journey or chess training is understanding the different chess notations and knowing exactly how each of the pieces available on the board move. This is because no matter how you strategize your game, a little mistake with the movement can result in an unfavourable end for you. Let us look at each of the pieces individually and understand how each piece moves, as per the chess teacher.
- Knight - The knight piece is an important aspect of the game but it can only move in an L shape and no other direction.
- Pawn- It only moves one block at a time on the board and only moves forward. Please note, if you begin the game with the pawn piece, you can move two blocks together to start. Additionally, if you wish to cover the opponent’s piece, you can move the pawn diagonally as well.
- Rook- The rook pieces cannot move diagonally or sideways, it can only move forward, backward and to the side in a straight line.
- Queen- The most powerful piece of the game is the Queen and so this piece can be moved according to convenience. It can go in any direction and for as many blocks as required. Please note, it cannot move multiple sides in one single turn.
- King- The King piece can move one block at a time but in any direction, as desired.
- Bishop- This piece can move around the board in angular motions only, but for as many blocks as available or free.
Where To Find Online Chess Classes?
As compared to the last few years, the availability and awareness around online classes, in general, has been on the rise. One good thing that came out of the current pandemic is the acceptability of online classes by every age group, big or small, to increase their productivity while staying at home.
Just as schools, colleges and universities switch to online classes in an instant, even hobby sessions and games have been transformed into online courses and lessons to help make the most of the time at hand. But, as it is a fairly new training medium for games and hobbies, how can you find online chess classes that fit your requirements?
Online Platforms and Portals
The quickest and most convenient means to find online chess classes for your child or yourself, according to the level of expertise you wish to acquire, is through the internet of things. The Internet is the most active part of our day to day lives and so utilising it to find online chess lessons, chest training sessions, free chess courses, etc. is not that difficult.
Moreover, even if you wish to begin your first chess training online with a professional chess coach or through private chess lessons, there are many platforms that help aid the same.
One such platform is Superprof which acts as the bridge between students who wish to become chess players and teachers who have ample knowledge about the game and wish to impart the same through chess courses online. This platform has so many different chess courses, both online and offline, directly conducted by chess coaches and teachers from around the world.
All you need to do is go on the platform and start researching the course you wish to do, before hunting for an appropriate teacher to meet your needs. Additionally, you can also use additional resources to better your game in the meantime by playing chess online with players around the world through Chess.com, Lichess, Chess24, etc.
How to master Chess online in 2021?
There are so many different online chess training courses available for beginner-intermediate level students. But do you think that is enough for today’s competition level? Do you know how to master chess online in 2021? Let us ask the world-renowned professional chess coach himself, Garry Kasparov.
Garry Kasparov teaches chess lessons online and also teaches chess masterclass every once in a while to help aspiring chess players come to par with their peers. Some of his tips to master chess this year include the following:
- Pattern recognition is the key to success. In order to understand chess tactics and improve your strategy in the game, you need to know which pattern works well in the present situation of the game.
- Practice is the only necessary key to succeed in the game. Even though online chess classes are getting popular, Kasparov insists on physical board practice and practising against time to improve your overall game efficiency.
- Invest your time in reading just to improve your literature about the game. This is important to level up with professional chess players for when you begin playing tournaments in the future.
- Focus on building up your endgame tactics and strategies. Some of the important tactics for endgame include shouldering. You have to spend ample time studying the sources to sharpen your endgame moves.
- Lastly, we all know chess brings along a certain level of psychological stress, and so Garry insists on building up mental capability to take on challenging games in the future, as you grow.
To conclude, chess is a game that is not fully dependent on strategies and tactics alone but also requires psychological strategizing in order to win. Whether you are a new student at chess or just wish to master your skills further, online chess courses are the best solution right now. So, do not wait and start your online chess lessons today with Superprof.
The platform that connects tutors and students