Chess makes men wiser and clear-sighted. - Vladimir Putin
Chess is one of the best games to improve memory, increase planning ability and boost self-awareness level while elevating creativity greatly. In order to be a successful chess player, you will need to have improved memory and strategic cognitive ability to plan and predict your next move on the basis of the opponent's choice of action.
Now, because of his increasing interest and awareness about chess and its benefits, more and more students are willing to learn chess and play chess, both online and offline, to keep themselves sane and in control during the ongoing lockdown in the country.
All these chess classes are planned in a manner to ensure the chess coach delivers the right knowledge and the best learning to the students.
In order to learn chess successfully, you need to understand the different topics and chess tactics taught during the chess lesson which are mentioned below-
- A basic introduction to the game of chess.
- The power discussion of each of the key players, including the pawns and knights in particular.
- Tips on successful castling, effective checkmate and the steps to draw matches when need be.
- Different tactical level tricks and patterns to help with combining winning design moves on the board.
- In-depth pattern study to allow more well thought and strategic checkmate which includes piece collaboration, number smothering, etc.
- Strategic approaches to develop effective board positions during opening and closing game time.
- Introduction and implementation of triangulation to gain control over the opposition player and slyly checkmate to win the chess game.
- Lastly, in-depth study about amateur player tactics and neglected moves to avoid the same in an actual game.
Why Students Choose Online Chess Classes?
In the earlier times, students of all age groups were very excited to leave the house and go out to study or learn a new hobby. For them, at that time, leaving the house meant fun and excitement as opposed to today when leaving the house is no longer a luxury. Whether it be for the students or the parents, the option and freedom to move around freely has been taken away due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic globally.
But are the benefits of online subject classes similar to courses like chess games? Find out some benefits of online chess classes that make the students pick the same below-
- Highly convenient as these classes can be taken from any part of the world from the comfort of your home.
- Flexible to adapt to as you get to work around your timings and participate in online classes more easily. Chess is a hobby and so investing in self and spending alone time to upskill your hobby comes in handy with online chess classes.
- Individual attention is an important benefit because while learning the chess tactics from a chess coach online, you need constant support and guidance.
- Change in the atmosphere as the system of chair seating inside the four walls of a playroom will be eliminated and the comfort of home will be introduced.
- Better time management as the online classes will take place while you are at home giving you plenty of time to plan your prior activities for the day, without much hassle.
- Helps build better concentration and focus as students are at the comfort of their home without other students causing distractions during the game tactics and training sessions. Thus, studying alone can really build better focus.
- Builds self-discipline as both teachers and students are responsible for their own progress.
How To Become A Chess Teacher Online?
As opposed to school teachers and subject coaches, chess players and chess teachers do not have set degree eligibility in order to become a professional chess coach and teach through chess courses, both online and offline.
Garry Kasparov teaches chess as part of his online webinars as being the world chess champion makes you an all-rounder chess master altogether. His level of expertise in the game is the key reason why he stood out from the crowd always with his chess games in real-time world chess globally.
In order to become eligible to teach courses like chess online and become a successful and popular chess teacher online, you need to keep in mind certain important factors that directly contribute to it. You can start your journey with an online chess school and conduct basic chess lessons at a beginner's level to learn better through the way.
The modern chess tactics might differ a little in nature and so being updated is the best solution. Common steps to become a chess teacher online include the following:
Step 1: Practise to Become a Chess Player
In order to become a well-known chess teacher, you need to first make sure you have invested ample time and energy to become a professional in the game. As a teacher, you need to be aware of the basic know-how of the game to impart the same to the students.
Step 2: Build Your Chess Knowledge
Read books, watch webinars by world chess champions like Garry Kasparov and other chess masters to understand the intricacies of the game as a whole. This is also important as the more you learn, the better you can teach the chess game to the students.
Step 3: Play And Level Up Experience
For practical courses like chess, you need to become better at the game first before teaching others. You can do this by playing chess online on different websites like chess.com, chess24, etc. And watch additionally YouTube learning videos to increase your level of expertise and conduct better chess classes for the students.
Step 4: Promote Your Expertise
Once you reach a higher level in modern chess, start from wanting your success in chess games and your chess lessons through social media platforms and other digital platforms like Superprof. This is important as in order to reach the target audience to teach them chess, you need to publicise and promote your expertise through the fastest medium today i.e. internet.
Step 5: Choose Right Online Platform
Lastly, the most important step to becoming a chess teacher online is to choose the right online platform to conduct your classes. There are many options available like Zoom, Microsoft teams, Google meet, etc. So choose the right medium, keeping in mind your target audience and their accessibility to the internet.
Can Kids Learn Chess Online?
Just like any other important skill being taught to the kids, enrolling them in courses like chess is highly beneficial and fruitful for the future. Usually, the traditional method of kids in different games like chess is face-to-face teaching, due to COVID-19 the situation has turned the other way.
So, to make the best of the time these kids have indoors, having them play chess online can be a great opportunity for them to grow and develop better memory skills. However, can they actually play or learn chess online? Yes, top online websites like chess.com offer user-friendly interfaces for all age groups to allow the kids to play online as well.
However, keep in mind that online chess games can come through with some safety concerns for the kids so monitor their gaming at all times. Moreover, teaching the kids the basic terminology and chess tactics before is essential to make them feel confident in themselves, which will, in turn, increase their willingness to learn more. Lastly, instil the concept of fair play in the kids to encourage them to play by the rules and call out cheating in the game by other chess players, if any. It is important to teach them life lessons that come along with chess in advance to make them better chess players and human beings in the future.
How To Learn Chess In India?
To become a top chess player with proper chess etiquette and chess tactics knowledge, you need to start learning under expert chess players through the different chess courses and chess classes they offer. But is it also available in India? Is there a way to know how to learn chess in India? Let us find out below-
The fastest and easiest way to find the right chess classes and chess courses according to your level of understanding about the game of chess is through the internet. Online research takes minimal effort and time but provides multiple solutions and options.
You can choose from free chess courses or search for professional chess players offering chess classes with the help of online platforms like Superprof. All you need to do is sign-up with the platform in a few easy steps to begin exploring the variety of chess courses and chess tutors available in your area. Additionally, you can also explore global chess courses and chess players and tutors on this platform with ease.
The popularity of the game of chess and courses like chess has witnessed a sudden hike during the lockdown. But another key contributing factor to this increased demand is the famous movie series Queen's Gambit that created the obsession with chess worldwide.
Make the most of this unfortunate pandemic situation by upskilling your cognitive skills with effective learning. Choose Superprof to find the right courses as per your level of understanding and expertise of chess and get going.
If you are open to conducting chess classes, become a tutor with Superprof and help spread fun times with the students and aspiring chess enthusiasts.
The platform that connects tutors and students