I used to attack because it was the only thing I knew. Now I attack because I know it works best. - Garry Kasparov
The game of chess has been around since older generations and has only been improvised to an extent where the rules have been altered to fit new tactics and strategies. One important aspect of any chess classes or chess courses, online or offline, is chess notation which has been the same since the inception of the game of chess. So, before you begin your chess classes, read and understand the basics of chess notations as mentioned below-
- Chess notation is the language of chess.
- The main purpose of understanding and implementing chess notations is to track your game progress and learn where you make mistakes and come up with better tactics to improve your game further.
- The easiest form of chess notation is Algebraic Notation wherein all you are required to do is label your chess board with either numbers or letters.
- The basic idea behind chess notations is to observe each piece movement
- The abbreviations used for each piece include K for King, Q for Queen, R for Rook, N for Knight, B for Bishop.
Overall, unless and until you speak the language of choice, you cannot maximise your learning during chess lessons. It is not a top requirement to become a world-renowned chess player, however, having ample knowledge of chess notations can increase your chances of outsmarting your peers.
Beginners Tips From A Chess Teacher
Before you begin your choice classes, it is important to know the basic know-how of the chess game in general and some important beginners tips, especially curated by a chess teacher.
- Put your main focus on the centre of the board at all times during the game and try to get the maximum number of your pieces towards it.
- Pace up the process of moving your pieces around the chessboard by ensuring each piece is active to help take the opponent by surprise, without them realising.
- At the beginning of the game, do not play with just one piece. Instead, randomly move pieces with the strategy to confuse the opponent and disallow them to predict your next move.
- One of the top tactics to win a game of chess is to keep the king safeguarded at all times while removing potential obstacles between the opponent's king and your team.
- Just like the king, the Queen piece should also be kept in safety until the open and make some mistake that can easily be turned to your benefit with the help of the Queen.
- Another important step is to move the rook pieces very systematically as they can only move vertically or horizontally.
- One disadvantage of the pawns is that they cannot move back once they step forward. So ensure you plan and only proceed with them when necessary.
- Lastly, in case one or two of the pieces of your team do not serve a beneficial future, either improve their forward plan of action or eliminate them from the game by giving them up.
Top Benefits Of An Online Chess Class
There have been many discussions on the importance of indulging a young mind in games like chess. It is usually recommended to do so through chess lessons beginners level to allow them to understand and learn more about their social well-being, along with other life skills.
The current learning atmosphere for the students and for the parents has been challenging and exhausting as with online classes, there is also work from home which can be overwhelming. But it is important to ensure that children are well equipped with the correct extra-curricular activities to ensure they do not lose focus. Some of the key benefits of an online chess class for young adults include the following:
Safe And Secure
Given the current pandemic, online interactions or an online chess class in the form of chess courses are the safest options. It is important to keep the children social and so an online chess class is important.
Rendezvous With Win And Loss
One of the most important life lessons that can greatly benefit children when they grow up is knowing how to handle wins and losses. The game of chess teaches the child the required emotional intelligence to help cope with the loss of the game, making them stronger individuals.
Expert Chess Coaches Available
As the popularity of online classes is growing at the speed of light, the availability of online chess classes and online chess lessons is really high. Because of the same, the expertise level of chess coaches taking these chess classes is also very high, making them the best fit for the children, with guaranteed increased learning.
Small Class Groups
For courses like chess, just teachers usually limit the learning to a small group of students to ensure each makes the most out of the online chess classes. This in turn not only makes the child more comfortable but also helps the teacher pay better attention.
Fluency In Technology
The future is digitisation in all aspects of life and so training the young minds to familiarise themselves with technology through online chess courses is the best game plan. The level of learning in online courses, as far as technology is concerned, is just the right amount.
Other Resources To Help Master Chess Online
In order to learn to play chess and become a professional player in a group of top chess players, you cannot rely on an online chess school or just free chess online courses alone. Luckily for you, in order to increase your learning and to teach you modern chess and its tactics, there are multiple different resources available to support your process of learning chess online.
The top books to help increase your overall level of learning include Chess101 by Dave Schloss, The Steps Method by Rob Brunia and Cor van Wijgerden, Winning Chess Strategies for kids by Jeff Coakley, Beginning chess by Bruce Pandolfini, etc.
For any aspiring chess player, it is an important step to practise all your learning through frequent chess tournaments and friendly games. Due to the ongoing pandemic, social gatherings in the face to face competition might not be able to take place but there are multiple websites that offer online chess games, along with additional learning materials. Some of them include Chess.com, Chess24, GameKnot, Red Hot Pawn, Playches.com, Lichess, etc.
YouTube is a free platform that has multiple videos that not only help train you to play real-time world chess but also improves your chances of becoming a successful chess player. Top chess masters, like world chess champion Garry Kasparov, teaches chess masterclass or posts snippets from the same on his YouTube to help reach out to a larger target audience.
How To Find A Chess Teacher In India?
One of the recent most introductions in the education sector which has been the biggest blessing for the students today is online classes. Online classes for all sorts of subjects have made it so much easier for the students to keep up with their education during this ongoing pandemic. With all schools, colleges and universities shutting down their operations to prevent the spread of the virus, choosing online lessons and courses for increased learning are the best opportunities. But is it possible to learn chess online? How to find a chess teacher in India?
The age of digitisation, which is slowly taking over the entire business world globally, is also stepping foot into the education sector. At present, the network connectivity available for students and teachers to explore is so strong that finding a guest teacher in India is not that big of a task anymore. In order to find an online chess teacher according to the level of just lessons you are looking for is very simple as the search process is aided by different well equipped online platforms.
One such online platform is called Superprof which has lately been a hit amongst the students and the teachers. Whether it be chess courses or chess lessons, or even any other game or hobby related courses, are all available on this platform. The best part about this platform is that it allows all level chess teachers to set up their profiles with few simple steps. As a student, all you need to do is go on a platform and search for the chess course you want to do and find a chess teacher accordingly, from options not only all over the country but also globally.
Overall, to become a modern chess player or a world-class player, you need to get the best training from Just master and Just coach available globally. Online chess lessons and online chess classes will not only increase your expertise in the game but also help you or your child make the best of the time spent at home.
The best the hobby courses like chess is highly recommended for all age groups to explore and also learn other life skills. So, do not wait any longer and book yourself your favourite online chess class or chess lessons kids friendly, on Superprof and see yourself grow in the process. It is never a better time than now so begin today.
The platform that connects tutors and students