Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do; strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. - Savielly Tartakower
The game of chess has recently come to light because of its rising demand in the market globally. Initially, the popularity of choice was limited to people being aware of the top chess grandmasters of their own country as well as of the world. But now, given the extra time on hand at home due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the number of people looking for online chess classes is very high. Top takeaways from chess strategy classes include:
- Regular practice of choice improves the overall focus and attention span of the person.
- The game of chess opens students to the concept and importance of critical and analytical thinking for logic led gameplay.
- One game of chess alone is a major inspiration to continue and evoke multiple lines of thought for all players.
- Chess makes people more thoughtful and also observant to ensure the player’s moves are well in line with their winning strategy.
- Lastly, chess as a game develops a sense of effective planning in all individuals who are actively involved with the game.
Benefits For An Online Teacher
Most times people contemplate whether to begin teaching online and explore the multiple benefits of being an online teacher, especially since the demand for online courses and classes is rising at the speed of light. But before you look out for all the potential benefits of being an online teacher, you should be aware that in order to become a successful online teacher, you need to have a passion for the subject.
For example, for chess classes and chess courses online, you need to have a knack for playing the game of chess as well as imparting the same knowledge to the aspiring chess players. Some of the key benefits of being an online teacher include the following:
Convenient Mode Of Practice
As a chess teacher, especially if you aspire to become a chess master grandmaster in the future, conducting chess strategy classes is very helpful. This is because by designing unique beginners chess courses or any other level chess strategy course, you will be able to also do some self-practice which will further improve your chess game tactics.
Moreover, when you invest your time and energy in the development of a chess course to conduct, your overall clarity and knowledge of chess increases as well, making you a better online teacher altogether.
Opportunity To Explore Multiple Options
As opposed to traditional classrooms, with online classes for chess or any other hobby activity, you are longer limited to working with only one school, college, university etc. at a time. You can go and teach multiple private chess classes to smaller groups and not only increase your expertise in the game but also make some extra money.
Better Student-Teacher Interaction
The use of the internet has provided everyone with a quick platform to do almost anything they want with just a few clicks. Similarly, this has come in handy for online teachers for courses like chess as student-teacher interaction is a must and the internet makes it easier.
Additionally, many times students are hesitant to talk when around their peers, however with online classes, students are more free and willing to interact and participate which is important for chess, resulting in better student teacher interaction and relationships.
More Choice and Freedom
The top benefit for an online teacher who is conducting online chess classes and chess courses is that it is highly flexible and can be shifted around that timeline. You can choose to take multiple small sessions as part of your online class or take fixed hours of chess class daily, dedicated to one particular chess topic to ensure better learning. And the best part is that you can do this from the ease and comfort of your own house.
Tips To Conduct Chess Strategy Classes
Even though digitisation has made the use of the Internet very easy to adapt to, it is important for Just teachers to know how to switch off the traditional classrooms to Chess strategy classes online. Some important tips to ease the process of converting your chess class to an online platform include the following:
- You need to prepare a course outline well in advance and ensure your expectations are realistic as initial student participation can be very low.
- Be very clear with your instructions to play good chess as in order to achieve a student’s trust, you need to seem confident and knowledgeable.
- Even the virtual classrooms are not too much to set up, you need to be well prepared for technical difficulties like sudden internet connection drop, students' cameras being off, laptop battery out of charge, etc. In such cases, you need to be well prepared with a contingency plan for almost all possible shortcomings.
- You need to ensure you include a lot of other supporting materials to make the chess class fun. You can include audio and video just sessions from chess grandmasters or you can bring in or ask the students to purchase chess books to increase the learning.
- You need to be open to feedback and be highly patient as each student in your chess class will have a different pace of learning.
Beginners Tips For Chess Training
One important aspect of chess classes is the chess training on strategic moves to align all your chess game pieces on the game board smartly, keeping in mind the black and white squares. Additional tips to ensure your chess classes on strategy building can convert an average chess player to a professional master include the following:
- As a beginner chess player, you should focus on first making a solid foundation on the board by using some strong chess strategies for openings as that will give you a good pawn structure overall.
- The next important tip for chess beginners is to keep your focus on bringing the majority of your pieces like Pawn, Bishop, Rook, etc. to the centre of the board.
- Another essential tip is to ensure your king is well protected at all times, with the Queen by his side for quick attack i.e. castling.
- One of the best game strategies for chess is to develop all your pieces one by one to make a strong opening and a more impactful endgame like a final checkmate.
- Lastly, always remember the placement of each piece on the board plays a major role in the overall development of your chess game.
How To Learn Chess In India?
Just like any other country, India also has a lot of technological backing supporting its education system, especially during the time of coronavirus. For the same reason, there are multiple different options for anyone in India who wants to pursue just as a hobby or as a career opportunity altogether. Still unsure how to learn chess in India?
Find out the two most common mediums available today mentioned below-
The traditional method of cheating has always been face-to-face in a group study scenario wherein a number of students and a singular teacher come together to teach the different aspects of the game of chess, including the chess tactics, tips, chess opening strategies, endgame chess strategies, etc. The concept of private lessons has been in India for decades now and games like chess require face to face interactions between the chess teacher and the aspiring chess players to ensure complete transparency between the two. It also allows each of them to observe and play accordingly.
The best benefit of private lessons is that it gives full freedom to practice and ask your queries while you are learning.
Other recent additions to the list of potential mediums to learn chess in India include online chess classes and online chess courses. This medium shot up to popularity in 2020 when the pandemic hit the country in March. Most schools, colleges and universities switched to online webcam classes to keep the learning going.
Similarly, for chess classes, there are multiple online platforms available that offer different kinds of chess classes and courses, on the basis of the level of difficulty. One such platform is Superprof wherein you can research and explore various different level chess courses from all over the world. All you need to do is set up a profile in a few quick steps to get going.
Additionally, if you are a chess teacher, you can set up your profile and put across all the courses you can teach and then target the chess students accordingly.
Overall, in order to begin teaching chess strategy classes, you need to first ensure your chess training sessions are very informative that helps chess students become good chess players of the future. You should begin with planning chess strategies for beginners courses first as the demand for the same has been rising since 2020 and is at its peak right now.
A good chess strategy includes correct movement of all pieces, make an impactful opening, and end with a strong endgame. So, do not wait any longer and find yourself a good chess course and chess teacher for yourself. If you are a student or start teaching chess strategy classes online, get on Superprof today.