Stop the texts. Stop the wrecks - Anonymous
Driving classes near me - this is a phrase that tops any search engine in recent times, especially during the pandemic. Almost every young adult today is either learning how to drive or is signing up for driving lessons. And you must be extra careful while choosing your driving school and instructor. Remember that your goal is not to pass the driving license test but to become a safe and responsible driver for life. Whether you are driving in Mumbai, Bangalore, or in Pune or in London - the mark of a good driver is in the safety and comfort he brings while driving on any road and under any conditions.
Before you join any car driving school it is important to understand the traffic conditions.
You will have plenty of options while choosing your driving course. But it is up to you to make the most of those courses. Driving instructors are as good as their students and their success depends on yours. So, choose your car driving classes carefully.
How Good is Driving in Bangalore?
Driving in Bangalore and New Delhi is quite often a painful experience thanks to the horrendous traffic conditions. The city's traffic has been officially adjudged the worst in the world. Bangalore has been declared the most traffic-congested city in the world.
According to a TomTom report, Bangalore ranked first amongst the 416 cities studied for bad traffic conditions from across the world.
The report further stated that on an average, an individual spends 71% extra time just being stuck the Bangalore traffic! This means that drivers spend an alarming 243 extra hours or 10 days stuck in the Bangalore traffic during rush hours. Other Indian cities to have made it to this infamous list include Mumbai, Chennai, and New Delhi.
So the short answer to the question on how good is driving in Bangalore is that it's extremely time-consuming within the city limits.
Major Causes of Bad Traffic Congestion in Bangalore
Bangalore's traffic is infamous. And the causes for this are very deep-rooted and require intensive interventions from the government. Some primary reasons for this issue include,
- The IT boom in the city led to a sudden increase in the population and the subsequent use of private vehicles.
- The roads around the city and the infrastructure were not developed proportionately to meet this sudden demand.
- The transport infrastructure failed to cope up with the IT development.
- One study showed that in July, 2019 the number of the registered vehicles in Bangalore stood at 82,53,218 which was way ahead of the city's transport infrastructure.
- Most people in the city own private vehicles and public transport is not the primary mode of commute.
How Can Driving Lessons Help in Tackling Traffic in Bangalore?
Driving has become very commonplace in India. Almost every adult has a permanent driving license and a privately owned vehicle. And since it is a habit, people tend to overlook the importance of driving lessons. Just like you receive training for most complex skills in life, for driving too, you need good instructors and a certified driving school to help you learn, pass the test, and become a safe driver. It can teach you important skills like how to keep calm during peak traffic hours while driving in Bangalore.
Key Benefits of Car Driving Classes
A Driving School Makes You A Safe Driver
There are studies and surveys that report how driver education can significantly reduce the number of road accidents. Drivers without a formal driving training are found to cause more accidents or get a parking ticket or get involved in road rash.
A Driving School Will Teach You the Rules
Every country and every state have their own laws that govern driving. These laws are modified or upgraded and it's important to be aware of them. All this will be part of your formal driving lessons.
Learn Driving Etiquettes
There is more to driving than simply following laws and knowing the proper techniques. There are also some etiquettes that you must follow as a driver as you share the road with pedestrians, cyclists, and other drivers. Your driving instructor will teach you these.
Every city has different driving mannerisms, for instance, driving in Kolkata is not the same as driving in Pune, as people have different driving styles.
Car Driving Classes Add to Your Experience
It is a simple fact that you cannot learn how to drive simply by watching videos or reading a manual. Even if you pass the test, it doesn't guarantee that you have become a good driver. So it's important to take your driving lessons seriously. It can also boost your confidence immensely. If you have experience of driving in a city like Lucknow, you'll know the roads and traffic, driving school adds valuable driving experience.
Driving Instructors Prevent Recklessness
A good driving instructor will teach you to behave and cut down on your attitude while driving. This will eventually prevent road rash and accidents in the long run. This is crucial, especially in big cities like Hyderabad where driving can be extremely difficult.
Tip: Check the ratings of the driving school to choose the best one.
Traffic Rules & Penalties in Bangalore
On the road, off the phone. It's the law - Anonymous
When you search for driving classes near me, make sure to also look for traffic rule violation cases to understand why you need driving lessons in the first place. With the number of vehicles increasing and plying on the narrow Bangalore roads, the penalties issued by authorities have also increased. You may attract a fine of anything between 100 rupees to a lakh to up to 3 years imprisonment.
Important Traffic Rules for Four Wheelers
When you are driving in Bangalore in your own car, the following rules need to be adhered to:
- No drinking and driving.
- You must carry all important documents at all times with you.
- You should not use your mobile phone while driving.
- You are expected to help the smooth flow of traffic, wherever required.
- People sitting in front seat and the driver are mandatorily required to put on the seatbelts.
Important Traffic Rules for Two-Wheelers
If you are riding a two-wheeler (scooty/moped/bike), you need to follow these rules:
- Carry all relevant documents with you at all times.
- The rider and the pillion will have to wear helmets at all times.
- You should not use your mobile phone while riding.
- You cannot drink and ride.
Find out more about the Bangalore traffic violations and penalties by visiting the official website of the Transport Department.
How to Choose A Good Driving School in Bangalore?
If you have made up your mind to learn driving in Bangalore, then you must be baffled with a lot of questions around choosing the right driving school, right? Don't worry. This section will help you understand what you should expect in your driving course and from your instructors. That will help you identify the right fit for yourself.
Components of Driving Lessons
Owing to the heavy demand for car driving classes, there are innumerable driving schools in the Bangalore area. You can register for your first lesson online which is typically going to be going through the manual and driving theory. And then get on with the practical. Here is what to expect from your driving classes -
- Learn the different car parts necessary for driving.
- Driving on different routes to navigate through traffic and congested areas.
- Learning the use of a handbrake, and other special features.
- Learn about traffic signs, hand signals, rule, gestures, etc.
- Get support with filing for a driving license.
- Get support to pass the driving test in the presence of an RTO appointed representative.
How to Apply for A Driving License in Bangalore?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, anyone who wishes to drive a motorized vehicle on public roads in India has to have a valid driving license (DL).
Check Your Eligibility for A License for Driving in Bangalore
You will have to meet the following conditions before you apply for a DL in Bangalore -
- To ride a two wheeler with an engine capacity of up to 50 CC, you should be at least 16 years old.
- TO ride a two-wheeler with an engine capacity of more than 50 CC, you be at least 18 years old.
- For driving any heavy commercial vehicle, you should be at least 20 years of age.
- You must be aware of all the traffic rules and regulations.
- You should possess a valid learner's license in order to apply for a permanent DL.
How to Apply for A DL in Bangalore?
There are two modes of application for a DL in Bangalore - offline and online.
Offline DL Application
You can follow these simple steps to apply for a DL through the offline mode:
- Download or obtain the application form from the RTO website or nearest RTO branch respectively.
- Fill in required details like name, address, educational qualification, age, blood group, location, etc.
- Attach passport sized photographs and relevant age & address proofs.
- Secure a date for the first test.
- On passing this test, you will het a learner's license, post which you can apply for a permanent DL after 30 days from the date of issue and within 180.
Online DL Application
Log on to the official transport department website of the Karnataka government and follow these steps:
- Download and print the application form.
- Submit the duly filled form, along with the fees and documents at your nearest RTO.
- Obtain a test slot.
- Pass the test and get your DL within 30 days.
The platform that connects tutors and students