Driving at night is about communicating with lights - Lukhman Pambra
To find a good driving class in Hyderabad, you first need to figure out why you need driving lessons in the first place. Is it to pass your driving license test or to become more aware of the driving rules or to find an instructor who can teach you how to keep calm during rush hour traffic? Whatever is the reason, if you want to learn how to drive safely and responsibly, a motor driving school is a good option to begin with. A driving course is always a safe bet to start learning about the theory and basics of safe and responsible driving. This will then determine whether you become a good driver or not.
So, what are the ways of learning how to drive in Hyderabad? Good instructors, great courses, and a valid driving license to begin with, for sure. But are there any other pieces of information you need to begin? Like traffic rules or road conditions? The answer is yes. You do need to understand the things you can learn in a driving manual and these are things only a professionally qualified instructor can teach you as part of your course. After all, driver training is about combining your knowledge from the training book along with your prowess on the road behind the wheel.
How Does Hyderabad Curb Traffic Woes?
Traffic management in Hyderabad is at par with most first world countries in the world. Most importantly, citizens adhere to driving rules more often than not, make it easier for the traffic guard to manage traffic efficiently. But despite all these efforts, long traffic queues and snarls are not uncommon in this rapidly developing city.
Unique Method to Curb Traffic Disruption
When the Hyderabad Metro Rail construction was underway, the public-private partnership worked efficiently to reduce the inconvenience to road users - car drivers, bikers, and pedestrians alike. It was envisaged that station construction would inevitably cause traffic disruption and pose a major challenge to commuters. Hence, a unique pre-casting method was used where unlike the traditional construction methods, a "spine and wings" approach was adopted, which did not require roads to be closed or traffic to be diverted.
The other engineering solution that was adopted was to replace water with curing compound to avoid spillage of water on the roads, which could potentially slow down traffic.
Your driving instructor is sure to give you such anecdotes and tips on how to make driving in Hyderabad more enjoyable.
How Good is Driving in Hyderabad?
Hyderabad is a well-planned city. Over time, it has developed itself as an attractive tourist destination and a hot favorite of those who love to drive. Driving in Hyderabad can be extremely pleasurable if you know where to drive to. Here is a list of the top destinations for a long drive from Hyderabad -
- Osman Sagar Lake - 24 KM from Hyderabad
- Nagar Juna Sagar Dam - 154 KM from Hyderabad
- Ananthagiri Hills - 82 KM from Hyderabad
- Rachakonda Fort - 61 KM from Hyderabad
- Medak Fort - 95 KM from Hyderabad
- Singur Dam - 92 KM from Hyderabad
- Kuntala Falls - 260 KM from Hyderabad
- Medak Church - 97 KM from Hyderabad
- Ramoji Film City - 35 KM from Hyderabad
- Keesarra Gutta - 30 KM from Hyderabad
Find out more about these amazing destinations here.
Best Driving Schools Near Me in Hyderabad
The brief moment of silence when you are driving in the rain and go under a bridge - Anonymous
If you are looking for driving schools near me in Hyderabad, then you have come to the right place. Now that you have a decent understanding of how good is driving in Hyderabad or traffic is managed, you can now start choosing the best driving courses and instructors to start your learning journey with the wheels.
Most Popular Driving Schools in Hyderabad
Bharat Motor Driving School
This school has high client ratings and come highly recommended by first-time drivers. The instructors here are known to be caring apart from being professionals. Their sole objective is to help you learn how to drive and become a safe and responsible driver. For a driving class, you would also not want to invest too much or too little of your time. This school helps you dedicate the optimum amount of time to learn the theory, go through the manual and hit the road. The driving instructors only use the latest and most evolved coaching and mentoring techniques, while assessing you along the way so you can make changes to your techniques that will help you pass the license test. Their offer specialized courses in,
- reverse parking
- refresher course
- emergency braking
- pedestrian crossings
Sai Sandhya Motor Driving School
This motor driving school is defined by its goal to provide the best customer service. The instructors here come with many years of driving and teaching experience and the lessons are tailormade to suit your needs. Your instructor also comes with good analytical skills which help them assess your learning need. Learners can be new or seasoned drivers and each driving class is quite affordable. Their specialties include,
- Pass plus course
- Mature driver assessments
- Confidence building refresher course
- Advanced Driving lesson
Driving Rules to Keep in Mind in Hyderabad
Just like anywhere else in India, you will have to uphold certain driving rules if you were driving in Hyderabad. There are primarily two sets of rules that apply to two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
Driving Rules for Two-Wheelers
If you are riding a two wheeler on the streets of Hyderabad, you have adhere to the following safety rules -
- You and the pillion must wear helmets at all time during the ride.
- The helmets need to be certified by recognized authorities.
- More than one pillion is not to be carried on a two-wheeler.
- Always use indicators to show which direction you will be moving in.
- Avoid sudden overtaking, especially from the left.
Driving Rules for Four-Wheelers
If you were in a car, and not following these rules while driving in Hyderabad, you may land in trouble -
- Always follow traffic signals.
- Never jump any traffic lights.
- Do not use your mobile phone while driving.
- Always keep your vehicle-related documents like RC, SMART card, insurance and tax papers on you.
- Always wear the seatbelt.
- Follow speed limits to avoid unnecessary penalties.
How Can You Link Your Driving License to Digilocker?
Digilocker is an online document repository protected and maintained by the Government of India, where you can save all your important government documents like PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, DL, etc.
Why You Should Save Your DL on Digilocker?
Who would not want to travel light and avoid carrying loads of paperwork everywhere? Storing your driving license on the Digilocker has many benefits -
- No need to carry your DL everywhere you go.
- Use your online account anywhere, anytime to access the DL.
- Retrieve information from the digilocker as per your need.
- You do not have to worry about losing your DL or memorizing the DL number.
- If you are applying for other government documents like PAN or Aadhar, the system can automatically retrieve data from your DL stored on the Digilocker.
Process to Link Your DL to Digilocker
Follow these simple steps to upload your DL on Digilocker -
- Visit the Digilocker website.
- Register as a new user.
- You will need to sign up with your Aadhar card details.
- Once registered, you will be able to access the "Issued Documents" section on the Homepage.
- Select "Pull Document" and "Ministry of Road, Transport, and Highways, All States" in partner's name.
- Then you will be prompted to select the document type.
- Select Driving License and enter the requested information.
- Next, click on "Get Document" to view your DL.
With the last step, the process of saving your driving license will be complete.
The platform that connects tutors and students