As per the biology teachers of class 10 GCSE, there are seven main topics that cover the entire science behind humans, plants and cells. These seven topics are the biology of the cell, cell organisation, response to stimuli and infections, bioenergetics, response and homeostasis, all about ecology, and lastly evolution, variation and science behind an inheritance. According to recent statistics and studies, GCSE biology class 10 last year's question paper was more challenging than the biology CBSE previous year exam paper.
As far as the GCSE biology class 10 is concerned, it is believed that among the different boards available like CBSE, IGCSE and ICSE, the understanding and effort required to ace GCSE biology class is more because of the following reasons-
- It is not as flexible to reschedule examinations as you can only take them in June and retests only in November each year.
- The syllabus of biology is greater in GCSE, as compared to other boards as it requires in-depth learning and understanding of the subject topics.
- Just as other boards like IGCSE, the GCSE board is also internationally recognised and accepted by a majority of the universities worldwide.
Now that we have discussed all the subject basics, let us get into how GCSE biology is different from other science subjects. It is believed that the subject of biology is more difficult to memorise as it includes different life processes, food chains, cell and plant life cycles, etc. This is because as compared to chemistry which talks about different chemical reactions and periodic classification of elements as well as physics, which includes metals, non-metals and their energy, biology has way more to memorise.
Even the understanding of the human body and its analogy, biology GCSE has in-depth lessons and chapters focussing on these aspects. Overall, learning GCSE biology class 10 can be very beneficial, especially for students who aspire to enter the medical field in India or any other country worldwide.
List Of The Medical Entrance Exams In India 2021
In the time period of 365 days a year, approximately 15 to 20 different medical entrance exams are expected to take place. These medical entrance exams in India 2021 include common as well as state and national level examinations and the list with the top few are as follows.
- National Entrance Cum Eligibility Test 2021 (NEET), which will be conducted in the last week of June 2021 tentatively.
- AIIMS exam will be conducted on a date chosen after receiving the NEET exam scores.
- JIPMER will be conducted in the first week of June 2021 tentatively.
- Wardha MGIMS will be conducted on a date chosen after receiving the NEET exam scores.
- Manipal MU OET will be conducted in the fourth week of April 2021 tentatively.
- Ludhiana CMC will be conducted in the month of October 2021 tentatively.
- Vellore CMC will be conducted in the second week of May 2021 tentatively.
- A.P. MBBS EAMCET will be conducted in the first week of May 2021 tentatively.
- MBBS WB-JEE will be conducted in the first week of June 2021 tentatively.
Why Are Biology Tutors Popular Today?
The concept of tutoring started in the early generations but was limited to home tutoring by parents and other adults of the family only. However, over the past 10 –12 years, the ideology and conceptualisation of tutoring have evolved greatly. Additionally, the scope and demand for specific subject tutors, like biology tutors, has increased by approximately 45% to date.
One of the many reasons behind this sudden acceptance and popularisation of tutoring, especially home tuitions, is the option of self-paced learning.
Most times, during regular in-class learning, students are in an unsaid competition with their peers, which affects their overall performance in that respective subject.
Biology GCSE, as a subject, requires dedicated time and attention to ensure all the basic knowledge necessary is shared and absorbed by each student individually. Now, to ensure that each student is learning through and through, biology tutors are more in demand today as compared to the last few years. This increased demand has in turn encouraged a lot of biology teachers to take up tutoring as a side gig to beat the pandemic blues.
But the question is, what are the benefits of hiring biology tutors for your students today? Let us find out some of the advantages below.
As mentioned before, the demand for biology tutors is relatively high in the market. Given this economical background, the number of potential aspiring biology tutors along with qualified GCSE biology tutors is really high in India today. Because of this increased supply in the market, the opportunity to choose from various options is available for all parents and students who are willing to take tuitions for the subject. Moreover, the higher the choices, the better the quality of education and learning offered.
The numerous choices available for biology tutors allow parents and students to negotiate and finalise the cost of learning that is more economical to their pocket. However, along with this, as the number of resources required for learning is low and the limited travelling cost if any, the overall cost-effectiveness of tutoring is higher. But, if you opt for private tutoring with biology tutors, the cost might go higher as the tutor might charge individual learning fees but it is not always the case. Additionally, the benefits of private tutoring overpower the potential increase in costs and other ifs and buts if any, in this situation.
Personalised Self-Paced Learning
Some subjects require more time and it is important to give the students the same to ensure increased and effective learning. Some of the best benefits of self-paced learning include the opportunity to ask important questions for students, revisions notes after each class, different resources available to solve past year question papers, etc. In a self-paced learning environment, the class runs on the student’s requirements alone, ensuring all questions and queries are resolved.
How To Find Online Biology Classes?
Just like any other subject, even biology classes can be taken online with the ease of the internet and the high opportunity of networking and connectivity available today. But, the real question is, how do you find online biology classes for yourself as a student or for your children as parents? Here is how you can successfully find online classes/tuitions available to you.
Go Online With Superprof
Just as online learning is more effective in the present situation of COVID-19, using the internet to find efficient online biology classes is also the better option available. There are multiple different online platforms that connect students who are looking for biology classes to learn the subject online to teachers/tutors who are willing to impart their knowledge of the subject.
One such user-friendly platform is Superprof. As a parent or a student looking for online biology classes, all you require is a simple sign up to start exploring the different online biology classes available in your area, country and worldwide.
Connect With School Teachers And Alumni
Another easy way to find online biology classes is to connect with school teachers and alumni and use the power networking to find out the list of good classes available for immediate learning. Most times, one of the school teachers or an alumni member might be conducting online biology classes themselves or might know of someone who might be doing it. So, this can be very beneficial if used correctly.
Tips To Ace A GCSE Online Biology Class
All different sub-parts of the science class like physics chemistry biology require different levels of understanding and participation as it holds but different weightage in the course outline. Few tips to successfully ace and impress your online biology class teacher are as follows:
- Biology revision notes are the key to success, especially for subjects and classes that require in-depth knowledge and know-how of concise biology.
- Practice effective time management to ensure all necessary topics are given the required attention and time for increased learning.
- Eliminate all sorts of distractions possible like mobile phones, noise from outside the study space, etc. This will allow better-focused learning.
- Plan and participate actively in the online Biology class like you would in the regular class to effectively resolve all queries and questions if any.
- Make notes for online classes for GCSE like you would for ICSE class biology.
- Use different resources to enhance the learning like NCERT solutions booklets in English, available for different subjects of science like physics chemistry as well, along with biology.
Overall, just because the schools, universities and colleges have shut down their active in-class learning, it should not let the students suffer. Most subjects require regular classes, especially biology class 10 GCSE as it is very important to revise on a regular basis. So, do not wait and start online GCSE biology classes or biology tutors today to make an effort to increase your overall competency in the subject.