A human being is obsessed with nature and its evolution and biology is that part of science that helps understand plants, animals and other living organisms. This is why biology is a favourite subject amongst the young students who are full of energy to grab lessons and study living body.
India was ranked number 34 among the hundred other countries in the English proficiency index 2019. According to statistics, the higher education segment in India is expected to grow and increase by approximately Rs. 2,45,000 crore by 2025.
With one of the largest networks of higher education institutions in schools in the world, in 2018-19, almost 37 million students were enrolled for higher studies in India. Additionally, the higher education segment in India offers multiple different boards of education like CBSE, GCSE, IGCSE, ICSE, IB, etc.
As far as the eligibility criteria to become a GCSE biology class 10 teacher is concerned, you will require the basics like a B. Ed degree, to begin with. As a professional full-time biology teacher, it is compulsory to hold the degree along with expertise in your field of interest. You can also take up courses like BSC biology scope which covers important GCSE biology topics about cells, different living organisms, body systems and analogy, evolution, etc.
Other than a full-time biology teacher, you can also explore part-time opportunities like substitute or associate teachers in schools, online biology tutoring, etc. the eligibility criteria for taking up part-time roles is relatively easier as it requires qualification of 10+2 examination in the science stream with approximately 50% marks in the subject of biology. You can be an undergraduate student willing to practise your existing knowledge and impart your learnings by opting for online tutoring while earning a little side income for yourself.
Where To Conduct Biology Lessons?
Over time, there were major evolutionary changes in the way education was conducted all over the country and at present, there is more than one medium available. All different options for teachers to conduct biology lessons have their own advantages and disadvantages but offer the same level of learning and education to their students. Some of the popular mediums include the following-
Another recent addition to the concept of classrooms with a touch of personal learning is the medium of tuition centres today. The main function and understanding of a tuition centre in India is a specific space other than daily classes for lesson revisions and homework completion. However, tuition centres have also started conducting specific class lessons like biology lessons, mathematical lessons, etc. Aspiring teachers or freshers with GCSE biology knowledge can take up a tuition centre job as a part timer to gain experience before juggling a full time teacher role.
Most preferred by parents, a four-walled classroom is a common medium to conduct biology lessons. Almost every school, regardless of the board they follow between GCSE, ICSE, CBSE, etc. have a specifically dedicated department of biology teachers and professors. To conduct class 10 GCSE biology lessons, you can apply to different schools that have a vacancy or requirement for a biology teacher/substitute professor in the school. This medium is mostly popular for aspiring biology teachers willing to take up a full-time role.
Private tuition is very similar to tuition centres, but the only difference between going to a centre to teach biology lessons and having students over for private tuition is the level of attention and focus. Private tuitions usually happen with one or a very limited small number of students who approach you to help out with all GCSE biology class 10 queries and concerns. There are no fixed eligibility criteria to set up private tuition services from your home.
Online Classes From Home
The most recent addition to this list is online education. The entire world has shifted its education mode to online, especially since the pandemic took over globally. This option is available to any individual who has some background knowledge of biology, regardless of the age and degree they hold.
All you need to do is promote your biology lessons online and you can do that with the help of platforms like Superprof. It is a digital platform that successfully connects you to potential students from all around the world. You just need to make a profile for yourself and you are good to go.
Overall, stepping inside the world of online education is a great opportunity for both students and aspiring teachers. Teachers can choose their own timings, schedules, subjects they want to teach, number of students they want to have in the class, etc. This increased liberty has encouraged more supply in the education sector in the country today.
How To Plan A Biology Class Online?
As online classes are getting more and more popular in India, it is very important to know some important tips and tricks. It is necessary to be well aware of them to ensure you plan out and successfully make your biology class online, a student’s favourite choice.
- Make a detailed lesson plan and structure out each class online and class biology chapter.
- Test out all technical devices, equipment, etc. you will be using for the biology class online in advance.
- Find a quiet spot to conduct the biology class online to ensure bare minimum disturbance and noise.
- Set some ground rules and communicate them to the students to instil a sense of authority.
- Plan and create a rock-solid engagement plan which encourages the students to be more participative and get them talking.
- Design and distribute surprise quizzes, test questions, Q&As, etc. to ensure proper science revision is being done.
- Maintain backup contingency plans for when unexpected technical difficulties, student behaviour, etc.
- Choose the right platform to conduct your biology class online as there are multiple options available like Zoom, Microsoft meetings, Google meets, etc.
- Ask for feedback from the students and parents to better your future biology classes online. This is an important tip, without feedback and criticism, improvisation is difficult.
Benefits Of Online Biology Classes for Students
Before the ongoing pandemic hit the world, online education was not that popular and was limited to short term online courses on topics and subjects that were not usually taught in class. However, now that the majority of the countries all over the world, including India, have shifted their mode of education to online due to the situation, there is no going back. Traditional teaching and learning mechanisms were not incorrect yet with the introduction of online education, the end result has been more favourable and here is why.
- There are multiple choices available to pick from, as online biology classes are becoming more popular globally, especially now.
- It promises proper flexibility as you can schedule online biology classes as per your routine.
- There will be increased convenience as you can study from anywhere in the house or the world without any restrictions.
- You will have better focus and attention as the classes have a lesser number of students, increasing the teacher’s attention per student.
- Online classes allow self-paced learning as you get to plan the succession of your lesson plan along with your teacher.
- You can benefit from better student-teacher relationships as online classes are more personalised. Additionally, you can ask all your questions and queries freely.
Few Medical Entrance Exams Tips In India 2021
With June 2021 beginning next week, the number of planned medical entrance exams in India 2021 are all scheduled to be held within this month and then October- November 2021 respectively. Medical entrance exams like NEET are one of the toughest exams to crack all around the world. So, to help out the exam takers, here are some medical entrance exams tips in India 2021-
- Always have a time goal of finishing the required syllabus with a minimum of 2 to 3 days prior to the exam.
- You should invest in science NCERT solutions and only previous year question papers. There are different books and NCERT solution booklets subject wise or topic wise as need be.
- Pace your learning by focusing on conceptual understanding first and then moving onto in-depth practises on particular topics.
- Always prepare timetable notes in advance before your medical entrance exam to have better time management.
- Multiple revisions are the key to success so other than solving past year question papers, also do weekly revisions, especially for topics that are your weaknesses.
- Keep all distractions to the bare minimum, especially mobile phones as social media can hinder the learning process greatly.
- Ask your teachers, classmates and other mentors if you have any doubts, without any hesitation.
Overall, no matter the science stream you pick between physics, chemistry and biology, there is always a teacher/tutor available to help you study better. Whether it is chemical reaction equations, acid bases, all about natural resources, carbon compounds in electric current or biological life processes, all can be studied online today. Even for biology class 10 GCSE board, there is ample support and NCERT solutions available to ace the class. So get going, and find yourself a biology teacher or become a successful biology teacher with Superprof to take the first step forward.