This English language assessment test is highly credible. Most universities, colleges, and employers in English-speaking nations like Canada, Australia, the UK, and others accept IELTS scores. Students aspiring to pursue higher education or professionals seeking employment opportunities in these countries need to take IELTS.
Check out this comprehensive IELTS guide from Superprof India.
IELTS Exam has 4 sections: Reading test, Writing test, Speaking test, and Listening test. The results of all these sections will be reported on a scale of 1-9, where 9 stands for an expert user while 1 stands for a non-user. The proficiency level will indicate how well the test taker can communicate in the English language which is important to make the move abroad, a success.
If you want a high band score on this test, you can opt for an IELTS preparation course. Under the guidance of trained teachers, your skills will improve and you be will be able to achieve your desired target score. If you are based out of Madurai and are looking for IELTS Academic or General Training preparation course, you can easily find a coaching center to meet your need.
Find IELTS classes in Mumbai.
IELTS Coaching in Madurai
IELTS test preparation will mainly entail working on your English reading, speaking, writing, and listening skills. But before that, you need to figure out which IELTS test you have to take. If it's for higher education abroad, then you have to opt for IELTS Academic. If it's for immigration or work purposes, the IELTS General Training test will be for you.
While self-study is one way of going about your preparation, you can also look at joining an IELTS coaching center. You can benefit from the preparatory materials, mock tests, personalized study plans, IELTS speaking practice tests, and other learning resources they have to offer. There are a number of training centers in Madurai, offering IELTS preparatory courses.
Check out IELTS training programs in Lucknow.
IELTS Training Council
This is the only exclusive training institute for IELTS in South India. They pride themselves on offering result-driven coaching. They claim to have a success rate of about 83.5% in helping students achieve their desired band level after intensive training.
What's on Offer?
- Training sessions are taken by certified professionals
- Library with 25 years of IELTS training materials
- A diagnostic test on enrollment to determine pre-coaching band level
- International lecturers are appointed for guest lecturing
- Highly interactive video lectures, reading materials, classroom lectures
- Mock tests for a routine progress check
- Detailed study roadmap by senior faculty
- Performance analysis every fortnight
Check out IELTS training programs in Hyderabad.
This institute with centers in Chennai and Madurai offers students end-to-end career solutions for overseas education. The preparation course has a systematic approach to IELTS training. It is also an authorized IELTS test registration center for IDP.
What's on offer?
- British Council trained faculty specialized in offering IELTS preparation assistance to students
- Personalized attention with one-to-one coaching
- Result-oriented approach
- Mock tests to track preparation progress
- An extensive library replete with reference books, CDs, etc.
- Assistance for IELTS exam registration
- Audio-visual inputs in classroom training
Find IELTS classes in New Delhi.
It is a highly rated IELTS training center in Madurai. It started as a spoken English training center and has now grown into a reputed IELTS coaching & spoken English institute in Madurai. They have qualified and experienced trainers to impart test preparation lessons to aspirants.
What's on offer?
- Experienced Trainers certified by British Council
- Proven Results
- Latest Tips with customized Study Material
- Flexible Timings
- Weekdays and Weekend Classes
- Small batch size
- Customized training materials
- Audio-Visual classes
- Interactive and doubt solving sessions
- Unlimited mock tests
- Free Test Registration support
Check out IELTS training programs in Nagpur.
IELTS Fact Check
Before you sit for the exam. you need to know about it in detail. After deciding between IELTS Academic and General Training, you also need to choose whether you want to sit for IELTS on Paper or IELTS on Computer. These are the two ways by which you can take the test.
The exam has a 9 band scoring system. The overall band score is the average of the 4 band scores achieved in the Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking sections. 9 is the highest band and 1 is the lowest. Each band indicates the skill level of the candidate.
- 9 - Expert user
- 8 - Very good user
- 7 - Good user
- 6 - Competent user
- 5 - Modest user
- 4 - Limited user
- 3 - Extremely limited user
- 2 - Intermittent user
- 1 - Non User
- 0 - Did not attempt the test
Check out the best IELTS coaching in Bengaluru.
The fee for the IELTS test is Rs. 14,700. You can take the exam any number of times you want, till you are satisfied with your band score. Also, the unique best about the test is that you cannot fail. Also, there's no negative marking. So, try to answer all the questions.
The results for the pen and paper test are declared within 13 days of the exam. If taken on the computer, you can expect it to be available within 3 to 5 days. The results are valid for a period of 2 years.
Find the best IELTS preparation classes in Chennai.
Tips to Improve Your Exam Performance
The most important task will be to practice regularly. The more you use the language, the better will be your performance. You can look up online for free study materials. Or, you can seek professional help for your preparation. Regardless of how you choose to prepare, here are some tips you should bear in mind when you sit for the exam:
- When writing an essay always allow time, in the end, to check through what you have written
- In the writing section, write at least 150 words in Task 1 and at least 250 words in Task 2
- If you write less than the minimum word limit you will lose marks
- In the speaking test, don’t just answer ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the examiner’s questions, add details
- Check the instructions carefully. While some tasks expect you to use words from the text in your answer, others will require answers in your own words
- Check your grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Staying calm through the examination will help you to excel in your performance. Sometimes unfamiliar words may come up in a sentence. Don't fret. Read the line to get a sense of its overall meaning. Stick to the time allotted for each section. If you find a difficult question, don't dwell too long on it. Rather come back to it later.
Enroll in the best IELTS coaching institutes in Kolkata.
Ways to Prepare for IELTS
While coaching centers will mean that you will have to study in groups, there are experienced IELTS tutors who offer private lessons. Superprof is an online portal that can help you to get connected with such a tutor. The advantages of a tutor are many.
- You can choose the pace at which you want to study
- Timing can be flexible
- You will get individual attention
- Instant feedback on your practice tests will be available
- You will get encouragement and support whenever you will low
Whether you choose self-study or take professional help, there are certain things that you must practice. These will help to improve your fluency in English. The simple tasks include:
- Take IELTS sample tests to become familiar with the format
- Refer to a dictionary for unfamiliar words and their usage
- Time yourself while solving sample papers
- Practice reading loudly to identify errors in pronunciation
- Be careful with grammar and spelling
- Make a habit of using the language every day
Check out IELTS training programs in Pune.
More and more Indians are taking IELTS test every year to move abroad in search of a better quality of life. Countries like Canada are more than happy to welcome Indians. But to feel at home in a foreign country, you need to know the native language. Knowing English can help you to communicate easily and make friends. You will also need to communicate with people to accomplish chores like shopping, banking, etc.
Successful communication is the key to integrating with the local community. That is why countries welcoming foreigners need to ensure that those who are arriving know the language. This will considerably reduce the challenges that are going to be a part of this move.
Hard work for 2 to 3 months can ensure success in IELTS. You can't become an English language expert overnight. So devote time to polish and improve your existing skills so that you can attain the band score that you need. The more you use it, the better you will get at it. Your ability to correctly and effectively express in English is bound to improve with daily usage.
The platform that connects tutors and students