The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an English language exam that individuals are required to take if they are considering studying or working in a country where English is the main language of communication. The UK, Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Canada are the most popular countries where IELTS is accepted for university admissions.
IELTS is accepted in 100% of universities in the UK and Australia, along with more than 3,400 institutions in the US and thousands of institutions in English-speaking countries.
The IELTS exam primarily measures the ability of test-takers to communicate in the 4 basic English language skills – listening, reading, speaking, and writing. IELTS exam is jointly owned and conducted by IDP Education Australia, British Council, and Cambridge English Language Assessment. IELTS is very popular in India as the number of candidates has steadily risen over the years as the test has become a leading assessment criterion in the area of international higher education.
Find IELTS classes in Mumbai.
IELTS Exam Pattern
For any form of IELTS test prep, it is essential to have knowledge of the IELTS exam pattern. In 2021 as well, the test will comprise 4 sections, namely, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking on which candidates are tested thoroughly. Incidentally, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS exam) can be given in two formats: 1. IELTS Academic and 2. IELTS General Training Test.
To decide which test format to opt for, candidates must check the requirement of the college/university they are applying to and then prepare accordingly. IELTS Academic is accepted by universities worldwide where candidates apply for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
Candidates will take the Listening, Reading, and Writing tests all on the same day one after the other, with no breaks in between. For the Speaking test, candidates can book a slot online on their preferred date and time. In case, a slot is not chosen within the stipulated time, a slot will be automatically allocated. The total test time is under three hours.
Find IELTS classes in New Delhi.
IELTS Listening Test (30 minutes)
Candidates will have to listen to 4 recordings and then answer the questions asked. The recordings are of native English speakers and the duration of the test is 30 minutes. Check out an IELTS reading sample test online to familiarize yourself with the exam format.
IELTS Reading Test (60 minutes)
The IELTS Reading test requires examinees to answer 40 questions. It is designed to test candidates on an array of reading skills. One has to read for gist, main ideas, details, logical arguments, skimming, and figuring out the writers’ attitudes, opinions and intentions.
IELTS Writing test (60 minutes)
The IELTS writing test requires candidates to complete 2 tasks and covers topics of general interest based on the module they opt for.
IELTS Speaking Test (11-14 minutes)
The IELTS Speaking test assesses the examinee's spoken English skills. The test is recorded and conducted in 3 parts.
Find the best IELTS preparation classes in Chennai.
Choose the Right IELTS Test
There are 2 IELTS tests available – IELTS Academic or IELTS General Training. The test you choose should be based on what it is you want to do with your IELTS qualification.
This test measures whether your level of English language proficiency is suitable for an academic environment. It reflects aspects of academic language and evaluates whether you’re ready to begin training or studying. Take this test if you want to:
- Study at an undergraduate level or postgraduate level anywhere in the world.
- Apply for a Student Route visa (Tier 4) at a university that is a Student route (Tier 4) Sponsor in the UK.
- Work in an English-speaking country for a professional organization.
IELTS General Training
This test measures English language proficiency in a practical, everyday context. The tasks and tests reflect both workplace and social situations. Take this test if you would like to:
- Study or train below degree level.
- Work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country.
- Emigrate to an English-speaking country.
- Get another job in your own country.
Enroll in the best IELTS coaching institutes in Kolkata.
Best IELTS Coaching in Bengaluru
Bengaluru boasts of a number of high-quality IELTS training institutes for interested students. In a way, IELTS aspirants are spoiled for choices. So, it is advisable that they choose an IELTS coaching institute that focuses on their unique learning and training needs.
Once you book your IELTS exam, you will receive your study material from the IELTS Test center. Use these judiciously for your IELTS test prep. You can also refer to official IELTS mobile apps to gain more knowledge about the IELTS Test. Listen to a lot of English music that can help you prepare for the IELTS Listening Test. Practice speaking in English with your friends and family.
Reknown Edu Services
As one of the most reliable test prep centers and overseas education consultants in India, Reknown Edu Services offer their students a complete overview of foreign universities in different countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, New Zealand, Netherlands, Denmark, etc. Moreover, detailed information on the courses is also provided.
The coaching institute works alongside students to explain various topics, discuss their weak points, and clarify any doubt that they face within no time. Demo classes are provided in order to make the method of teaching more transparent. Students are provided detailed insights on the different modules of IELTS (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking).
Initially, students undergo numerous practice sessions, after which they learn to become self-reliant. Feedback is provided during a dedicated, performance-driven week, based on the performance of a student's first mock test. Reknown Edu facilitates the taking of IELTS mock tests.
Check out IELTS training programs in Pune.
The IELTS Academy
Founded as a training center for overseas candidates in India, the IELTS Academy has gradually grown into a top-rated IELTS coaching institute in Bengaluru. Joining this time-tested IELTS training institute guarantees you a high IELTS test score. A team of highly experienced, expert trainers is here to ensure that students secure a high band in the IELTS test. The Academy is also an authorized IELTS exam booking center and the Top Partner of the British Council in Bangalore.
What's on Offer?
- Learn strategies to secure a high IELTS band score using the best materials.
- Learn the best test-taking tips and strategies for maximizing your IELTS result.
- Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses to improve your IELTS score.
- Become confident to take the IELTS test after your training.
Prepare for the IELTS test in Hyderabad.
- Regular batch (Monday to Friday) for 4 weeks plus 15 days practice session plus weekly mock test
- Morning 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM
- Late Evening 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm
- Fees Rs.7900/- inclusive of study material, Mock Test, etc.
- Crash course (2 weeks) 2 modules per week plus 15 days practice session plus weekly mock test from Monday to Friday
- Fees Rs. 9500/- inclusive of study material, Mock Test, etc
- Weekend Batch (Saturday 2 PM to 6 PM & Sunday 2 PM to 6 PM)
- Duration: 4 weeks plus 15 days
- Practice session and weekly mock test
- Fees Rs. 7900/- inclusive of study material, Mock Test, etc.
A focused, result-driven IELTS training center, Prepstrom is known for its 95% success rate with most of its students achieving a band score of 7.5+/CLB9. At Prepstrom, unlimited practice and query time are assured for the students. The Prepstrom training is structured in such a way that the basics are reinforced, the fundamentals are reinstated, and the level of English of the test-takers is improved. All this is ensured so that students can meet the standard requirements to complete their IELTS exam and take them beyond.
What's on Offer?
- Weekdays and weekend batches
- Study materials and mock tests
- Regular tests
- Group teaching
- Expert instructors
- Friendly environment
PrepStrom's IELTS coaching strategy is widely accepted as the best with an enormous number of students from different parts of India flocking to PrepStrom to prepare for their IELTS exams. All the 4 modules of the IELTS exam, that is, Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening, are thoroughly taught to ensure students can ace their IELTS exam without breaking a sweat!
Check out these preparation tips for the IELTS test in Lucknow.
Where required, extra sessions are arranged to help students improve their writing and speaking skills. Regular feedback is provided given following correction of assignments submitted by students. Individual attention is given to students who find it tough. Prepstrom also offers cross-function learning support, whether offline, online, or through the Prepstrom app.
Manjoorans offers intensive and comprehensive IELTS training to guarantee high scores in IELTS. At Manjoorans, qualified, experienced, and trained teachers impart IELTS training to hundreds of aspirants.
IELTS Training at Manjoorans
- A mock test is conducted on the first day of training, simulating the testing conditions. This is used to assess where the student stands in terms of their English abilities.
- The student is given the scores after the initial mock test is over. Subsequently, classroom training is initiated using the Cambridge IELTS Book, an official publication for IELTS.
- For Listening, firstly the test is played non-stop and students answer the questions as they listen. Once the test is over, the answers are given, focusing on spellings, conventions of writing, and marking schemes. Then, the same test is replayed, pausing at every answer and explaining the same to students.
- For Reading, details are provided about various question types and the approach to answer the same. Following an introductory discussion, the passages are assigned and students are asked to complete them. Towards the end of each test, questions are discussed and answers are explained. Discussion is an integral part of reading sessions.
- For Writing, firstly, the types of tasks are explained with essay-writing guidelines. Students practice 4 essays of task-1 type and 4 essays of task-2 type. Each essay is assessed and guidelines are provided to make the essay better.
- For Speaking, one-on-one sessions are conducted exactly on the lines of the test and the answers are discussed after the session. Scores are given and guidelines are provided to improve the scores. Following the classroom sessions, mock tests are conducted simulating the testing conditions and scores are given for each mock test.
Find IELTS training courses in Madurai.
Hurray IELTS Online training offers a streamlined training process for a complex test, that is, IELTS. Hurray trainers are experienced as well as certified, and they conduct classes with detailed explanations and feedback while ensuring that students work on areas of improvement. Hurray only uses IELTS recommended practice materials. Hurray is one of the top IELTS courses online for IELTS test-takers in Bangalore. The learning process, which is designed to guarantee results, can be summed up in the following way.
Once the registration process is completed, the candidate will have to appear for an assessment test that will determine their Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills. The trainer will then assess it and give feedback.
Find IELTS coaching classes in Nagpur.
In this session, the candidate will receive an overview or briefing on all 4 IELTS modules – Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. A practice session is also conducted to induct the candidates into the test format, strategies, and techniques.
A series of practice sessions with detailed explanations are then given on a daily basis to the candidates. The trainer provides detailed strategies, tips, and techniques to answer given questions as required by the IELTS examination. Additionally, every session covers information on grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, coherence, fluency, etc. Following the discussion, the candidates proceed to practice the questions for which answers are later provided, along with explanations.
Check out this comprehensive IELTS guide from Superprof India.
Candidates are required to take mock tests at regular intervals. These mock tests mimic the actual IELTS tests. Following the evaluation, the trainers give the candidates feedback on their performance and suggest areas of improvement. Subsequently, the candidates resume classes and continue in the same order. It is advisable to take the final mock test a week before the IELTS test.
The platform that connects tutors and students