This exam is conducted all around the year. This English language assessment test has to be taken by candidates aspiring to move abroad for education, work, or immigration. If you are planning to take IELTS, your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills in English will be evaluated. IELTS score is accepted by most employers, universities, and colleges in countries like Canada, Australia, UK, the USA, and New Zealand.
Check out this comprehensive IELTS guide from Superprof India.
Every year, this examination is taken by thousands of Indians who wish to pursue higher education or seek better employment opportunities or permanently settle on foreign shores. IELTS is delivered by IDP centers, present in 25 locations in India. You can easily book your exam at a test center near your home.
IELTS preparation takes around 2 to 3 months depending on one's skill level. To improve your English language skills, you need to study and take practice tests. You can enroll in preparatory courses offered by IELTS coaching centers. There are hundreds of such centers across India offering online courses as well as classroom sessions. Lucknow also has reputed training institutes. Read on to know about the courses that they offer.
Check out IELTS training programs in Hyderabad.
IELTS Classes in Lucknow
The IELTS exam consists of 4 tests: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. As part of your exam preparation, you need to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the format of the exam and the pattern of questions that are asked in each section. While you can prepare for the exam on your own using free online resources, taking professional help might help you to get a higher band score.
Check out IELTS training programs in Nagpur.
If you are based out of Lucknow, you can find a number of coaching centers that will help you to get ready for IELTS. They offer training for both IELTS Academic and General Training. They provide study materials, mock tests, IELTS speaking practice tests, counselling sessions, information on visa processing, and a host of other helpful services. Some of the more popular ones are listed below along with the details of what they have to offer.
The institute located on Shahnajaf Road in Hazratganj is popular among IELTS aspirants. The preparation course offered by them is comprehensive. Their IELTS Classroom Program is very popular. A maximum of 10 students is taught in a single batch to assure the needs of all students are met.
What's on offer?
- 100 hours of classroom training by experienced instructors
- Doubt solving sessions
- One-to-One meetings for analysis of Speaking exercises and Writing tasks
- Carefully designed study material
- Detailed routine with proper timeline
- Vocabulary building exercises
- Weekly assessments through mock tests and full-length exams
- Detailed feedback sessions with the faculty on progress
Find IELTS classes in New Delhi.
Satyamev IELTS Institute
This institute is considered among the top IELTS Coaching centers in Lucknow. They are known for their teaching methods and highly qualified faculty. The training style is interactive, which infuses curiosity in learners to acquire the required skills and achieve their targeted scores.
What's on offer?
- Study materials follow Cambridge guidelines
- All trainers are trained by the British Council certified
- Each batch consists of only 10 students for a better understanding of the course.
- Training for both IELTS General Training and Academic
- Workshops and presentations to make learning interactive
Check out IELTS training programs in Madurai.
Manya - The Princeton Review
Their IELTS test preparatory program covers all four sections of the exam i.e. Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening. Their detailed input and extensive preparation along with instructor-led classes ensure a focused, extensive yet personalized experience. Language proficiency is honed and polished by vastly experienced trainers. Students also have access to technological resources that make learning more interactive and engaging.
What's on offer?
- Synchronous and Asynchronous learning through live and technology-aided teaching and learning
- Weekly mock tests to improve preparation
- Unique Workbook with instructor-led practice sessions
- Certified trainers
- Free IELTS registration assistance
- Diagnostic tests to check level and progress
- Classroom materials for additional learning exercises
Find IELTS classes in Mumbai.
British School of Languages
This institute offers the IELTS exam preparation course online. Their instructors have globally recognized qualifications for teaching English and are also highly skilled and practiced in teaching online. Their lessons are highly effective in helping students achieve their desired results.
What's on offer?
- Online interactive classes through video conferencing
- Sessions understanding the IELTS question forms
- Lessons on building vocabulary
- Advanced learning material with videos and presentations
- In-depth lectures on every topic
- Topic-wise full-length mock tests
Check out the best IELTS coaching in Bengaluru.
Important Facts About IELTS
IELTS on Paper is held up to 4 times a week while IELTS on Computer is held on all 7 days of the week. The Listening section is followed by the Reading and Writing sections. They are held back to back on the same day. The Speaking test may be taken up to 7 days either before or after the test date. A simple summary of the format for each section is shared below:
- Reading: 40 Questions in 60 Minutes
- Listening: 40 Questions in 30 Minutes
- Writing: 2 Tasks in 60 Minutes
- Speaking: 3 Sections in 12-15 Minutes
To book a test date, you need to visit the IDP IELTS website. The exam schedule is available there. There's no limit to the number of times you can take the exam. You can keep taking it, till you achieve your desired band score. But for every retest, you need to pay your registration fee. The IELTS fee details are as given below:
- IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration - Rs. 15,100
- Computer-delivered IELTS - Rs. 14,700
- IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - Rs. 13,940
- Pen and paper-based IELTS - Rs. 14,700
Ways to Ensure a High Band Score
Whether you want to study or apply for a job abroad, the prospective university or employer will demand that you meet their minimum score requirement for IELTS. This score will ensure your eligibility but not guarantee your selection. It's always advisable that you aim for a band level that is higher than the minimum requirement. The result will be valid for 2 years.
Find the best IELTS preparation classes in Chennai.
If you are studying on your own for the exam, there are hundreds of online resources that you can use, most of which are free. If you are taking the help of an experienced trainer to improve your English language skills, then follow the guidelines they set for you. But irrespective of how you choose to prepare, there are certain rules that you should abide by during your examination to score a high band. These include:
- Stick to the time limit to answer each section
- Don't leave any questions unanswered since there's no negative marking
- Book the exam date only when you feel confident
- Use correct spelling and grammar to write your answers
- Don't dwell too long on any question
- During your writing test, the second writing task should be devoted more time
- Don't panic if you hear an unfamiliar word
- For the reading part, scan the passages quickly to get the gist
Enroll in the best IELTS coaching institutes in Kolkata.
Tips for Improve Preparation
IELTS offers official preparatory materials. You can go through these to get a better picture of what might be in store for you in the exam. These include sample question papers and learning materials like books, CDs, etc. There is also IELTS Progress Check which includes online paid IELTS practice tests. Taking these is a great way to evaluate your preparation.
- Take multiple IELTS sample tests to familiarize yourself with the question patterns
- Practice daily to improve time management
- Use the language on a regular basis to improve fluency
- Daily read an English newspaper
- Solve crossword puzzles
- Make a proper routine for your preparation
- Work on your grammar and vocabulary
- Relax on the night before your exam
Devoting a couple of months to preparation should be enough to succeed provided your skills are not below average. The key to getting to your desired score level is to practice daily. Use English as much as possible. Converse with friends, watch movies, read books. Your daily task should be to engage in one of these activities apart from solving sample papers.
Check out IELTS training programs in Pune.
A good score in this exam can take you places. It can open up a lot of opportunities including securing your admission to your dream university or landing you a coveted overseas job. To improve your communication skills in English, you need to use the language. Set up a timetable and stick to it. Time yourself while solving question papers. Hard work and discipline will surely get you where you want to reach.
The platform that connects tutors and students