- 01. Welingkar Institute of Management Courses Offered
- 02. L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research admission - Fees & Eligbility
- 03. Placement: What is the Average Package of Welingkar?
- 04. Welingkar Institute of Management Scholarship
- 05. Welingkar Institute of Management Faculty
- 06. Welingkar Institute of Management Top Alumnus
L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research is also known as the Welingkar Instiitute. It is one of the top institutes in the field of management in India. Located in Mumbai, the institute is affiliated with the University Grants Commission National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It has two main locations that are Mumbai and Bangalore. The L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research 2022 ranking also proves its high-level performance in the education sector.
Welingkar Institute recently ranked among the schools of management. The SP Mandali’s WeSchool ranked among the top 50 educational institutes in the Private/self-financed colleges category by ARIIA 2020. Other notable WeSchool ranking details of the institute can be mentioned in the pointers below:
- Outlook Magazine Business School Rank 2022 for Private Affiliated College is 1.
- Outlook Magazine Business School Rank 2022 in Mumbai 1.
- Outlook Magazine Business School Rank 2022 in West Zone is 5.
- Outlook Magazine Business School Rank 2022 for Private B-School Nationally is 19.
- According to The Week 2021, India’s Best B-School ranking survey (Private), it stands at 11.
- According to The Week 2021, India’s Best B-School ranking survey (Nationally), it stands at 26.
- According to The Times 2021 for Management, it stands at 39.
- NIRF ranking for Management 2021 is 72.
- NIRF ranking for Management 2020 is 68.
- Ranked under the top 15 in India by Times B-School survey 2014.
Welingkar Mumbai is the 6th educational institute that belongs to Mumbai to appear in the 68th position among the top 100 management Institutes in India.
Overall, the colleges maintain good ranks in the B-school competition, which makes it one of the top institutes for learning management in Mumbai, India. Other than that, let’s check out salient details about the college.
Welingkar Institute of Management History in Brief
Welingkar Institute of Management was established in 1977. It worked under the aegis of SP. Mandali’s Trust is one of the oldest trusts in the education field. This trust is successfully running 43 other educational centres/institutes in India.
Ever since its establishment, the institute has undergone several changes in its academic history. It has progressed to develop as one of the top and most renowned institutes in India in today’s time. Today, it offers many training courses under the guidance and leadership of world-class faculty.
The institute was honoured with the Best management Institute Award 2015, by the prestigious Bombay Management Association, which was under the hands of Mr. Ratan Tata, Chairman of Tata Trust.
Welingkar Institute of Management Courses Offered
Welingkar Institute of Management offers four main courses under the UG, PG, and Certificate programs. The courses are MBA or PGDM, MMS, PhD and Certificate in Management. Other notable training include Executive Programs.
MBA: Students must complete their 10+2 from a recognised board or equivalent. There is no minimum marks eligibility. However, the selection is made based on the cutoff and entrance exam. The duration of the course is 2-years.
PGDM: The institute offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management for 2 years. It is a full-time diploma course. The minimum requirement of the candidate to apply for this training is a UG degree in any discipline.
MMS: It stands for Master of Management Studies and is a 2-year full-time course offered by Welingkar Insitute of Management Mumbai. The total number of seats available is 120.
MBA: Various courses are offered under the MBA/PGDM course. These are PGDM General with a seating capacity of 180, E-Business with a total of 120 seats, Business Design with a capacity of 60 seats, Research & Busines Analytics with a capacity of 120 seats, Healthcare with a capacity of 60 seats, Media & Entertainment with a total of 60, Rural management and Retain management courses with a capacity of 60 seats each.
Executive Programs: The institute offers 11 months long Executive Programs, which come under the PG program. It is a diploma course offered by the institute.
PhD: The institute offers PhD in Management Studies, which is a 3-6 years full-time course. The degree is recognised by the University of Mumbai.
Certificate Training: There are 19 certificate training programs offered by the Welingkar Institute of Management Mumbai. Some of them are-
- Certificate in Export Import Management (CEI)
- PG Program in Supply Chain Management (PSM)
- Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management
- PG Program in Human Resource Management (PHR)
- Certificate in Tax Management
- PG Program in Marketing Management (PMK)
- PG Program in Financial Management (PFM)
- PG Program in Operations Management (POM)
- Certificate in Advertising and Public Relations (CAP)
- Certificate Program in Supply Chain Management
- PG Program in Business Management
- Certificate in Banking, etc.
L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research admission - Fees & Eligbility
Here are the program-wise details of the L.N.Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research admission - Fees & Eligbility:
The fees for MBA course is INR 6.5 Lakh for the first year.
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the MBA program is graduation with 50% marks in any discipline from a recognised university or equivalent. The institute accepts XAT, CAT, CMAT and ATMA certifications.
The fees for Post Graduate Diploma in management is INR 6.5 lakh for the first year.
The eligibility criteria for the PGDM program is a graduation certificate with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised university/equivalent. The accepted exams are XAT, CAT, CMAT and ATMA.
The fees for MMS training course is INR 6.8 lakh for 2 years (3.4 lakh for first year).
The basic eligibility is graduation with 5-0% aggregate marks by the recognised university/equivalent. The accepted exams are XAT, MAT, GMAT, CAT, CMAT, ATMA, and MAH CET.
The fees for the MM course is INR 49,775 for the first year.
The basic eligibility for this course is graduation.
Executive Program Fees
The total fees for this program is INR 7 lakh total.
Executive Program Eligibility
The basic eligibility for this course is graduation.
Placement: What is the Average Package of Welingkar?
Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research has an exceptional and excellent placement record. The institute offers 100% placement assistance to the candidates every year. According to the record, the institute has offered a total of 358 companies, which actively participated in providing various opportunities to the passing candidates in the 2020-21 batch. Among the total recruiters, around 277 were new recruitment companies.
What is the average package of Welingkar?
- The highest CTC offered to the candidate was around INR 19 LPA, with an average CTC of INR 8 LPA in the placement drive 2021.
- The median package offered was INR 8.75 LPA, while the overall package was 8.8 LPA.
The job roles offered to the candidates include trainee, Assistant Manager, Sales manager, etc.
The institutes managed to bring the top recruiters from the corporate industries and others. Some of the notable recruiters are Viacom, Amazon, Bluestar, Abbott, CRISIL, Morgan Stanley, JLL, Nestle, DHL, Oracle, Schnieder Electric, Cognizant Technology Solutions, etc.
Welingkar Institute of Management Scholarship
Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research provides scholarships and freeship to financially challenged candidates. The eligibility for these scholarships and freeships are provided for the Reserved Category, Economically Backwards Sections, etc., who are admitted through CAP Round.
Welingkar Institute of Management Faculty
WeSchool College offers an amazing team of faculty. The details, including faculty name and their qualification, are listed below:
- Prof. Dr. Uday Salunkhe (Director).
- Prof. Dr. Pradeep H. Pendse (BS. MMS, PhD)
- Prof. Dr. S.T Gondhalekar (B.Tech, PGDIE, PhD)
- Prof. Smeeta Bhatkal ( B.Com, PGDM)
- Prof Vanital Patel (B.Com, MMS)
- Prof. Dr. Swapna Pradhan (B.Com, MMS, PhD)
- Prof. Dr. B.N Chatterjee (M.Com, MMM, PhD)
- Prof. Bijoy Bhusan Bhattacharyya (LLB, MA)
- Prof. Vijayan Pankajakshan (M.A)
- Prof. Piyush Goghari
- Prof. Chandrakant Nimkar (BA, MA)
- Prof. Swati Sethi (PGDRM)
- Prof. Dr. Bhagwati Prasad (B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Tech, PhD)
- Mr Anand James Dev (B.Sc, PG Diploma, in Journalism & PR, BFA, M.Des)
- Dr. Priyanka Lal (PhD)
- Prof. Vineel Bhurke (Diploma in Agribusiness Management, B.Sc. and M.Sc in Horticulture)
- Prof. Sandeep Kelkar (B.Sc. in Chemistry, PGDCA, MCA).
Welingkar Institute of Management Top Alumnus
Welingkar Institute WE campus has seen some notable personalities as its alumni. The top alumnus who attended the institute are-
- Bhavesh Jain: The Chief revenue Officer in Transunion CIBIL Limited.
- Tito Idicula: Co-founder and Director at Programming Hub.
- Deepika Sabharwal Tewari: Chief Brand Officer at WOW Skin Science.
- Cln Muthy: Managing Director, Credit Risk Citibank.
- Nikhil Apte: Chief Product Officer, Product Factory at Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. Meghana Pandit: Chief Investment Officer at Indigrin.
According to the data available, most alumni are now working in some popular companies and universal brands across the banking sector, Media, IT, Consulting companies and many more. The reputed companies they work for inCludes ITC, Capgemini, Accenture, ICICI Bank, EY, HDFC Bank, etc. Their notable positions include development, HR operations, Consulting, Finance, and even freshers.
The Welingkar Institute of Management in Mumbai tries to curate talent and provide different industries with the finest of brains and efficiency. The alumni network is evidence of the ex-students from this institute. The students who pass out from these colleges successfully in different management, HR and Consulting fields.
It can be said that a good college gives birth to prospective students. However, securing a seat in these colleges might not be easy due to rising competition. If you plan to secure a seat at the Welingkar Institute of Management, you should prepare for the entrance exam. Generally, it takes 2-3 months for a sharp brain to crack the exam. Some of the tips to pass the entrance exam easily include-
- Practice as much as possible.
- Get in touch with a senior student who has successfully qualified entrance exam.
- Get the advice of private tutors/mentors in the field.
- Take private classes for the subjects that appear challenging.
- Set a routine study every day.
- Practice general knowledge questions.
- Practice solving previous years' question papers.
- Practice logical reasoning.
Many tutors can assist you with the requirements online. Check out their demo session on Superprof. You can also consider private lessons from the tutors of Superprof.
The platform that connects tutors and students