- 01. Mithibai College of Arts Campus
- 02. Mithibai College Academics
- 03. Mithibai College Ranking 2022
- 04. Mithibai College Key Highlights
- 05. Mithibai College Eligibility & Courses Offered
- 06. Mithibai College Fees and Application 2022
- 07. Mithibai College Admission 2022
- 08. Mithibai College Placement Scenario
- 09. Mithibai College Facilities
Mithibai College is one of the most popular and reputed colleges in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is affiliated with Mumbai University and is accredited with an "A" grade by NAAC. At present, the college is offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the fields of Science, Commerce, and Arts. Moreover, it also offers PhD degrees to individuals. Note that the admissions in all the undergraduate courses are made through MINCET, which is a common entrance test. For PG courses, there is a separate admission test conducted by the college.
Talking about the placements, Mithibai creates a great placement record every year. The highest package gained by the students has crossed Rs. 19.5 LPA, whereas the average CTC remains 7 Lakhs per annum. The biggest recruiters coming to Mithibai College include Google, Capgemini, L&T, Ernst & Young, KPMG, etc.
In this article, you can find all details, including Mithibai College ranking 2022, fees, admission, a subject offered and fees.
Mithibai College of Arts Campus
Mithibai College is known for its huge, spacious, and beautiful campus packed with all the facilities and amenities. It has a state-of-the-art central library, which is air-conditioned and has more than 60,000 books for the students, along with 109 periodicals and journals. Not just that, but the college has also taken care of its specially-abled students. The college library also has 3 journals and 13 books in Braille for blind and visually impaired students.
Further, there are specially designed chairs and desks for physically challenged students as well. There are large and well-equipped computer labs and one server. Besides, there are smart classrooms, and almost all departments have computers. The campus of Mithibai college is very uplifting.
Mithibai College Academics
At the Pre-University level, the Mithibai College of arts offer the following subjects under Mumbai University:
- Arts: Economics, Political Science, Logic, Psychology, History, EVS, Sociology, and Physical Education.
- Science: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, EVS, Bifocal, Physical Education, Electronics/Computer Science, Electronics / Computer Science II, etc.
- Commerce: Accountancy & Bookkeeping, Economics, Mathematics, EVS, Physical Education, Organization of Commerce.
Mithibai College Ranking 2022
Mithibai College ranked 2022 among the top colleges in the country. Over the last decade, the college has been constantly ranked in various fields such as Commerce, Science, Arts, etc.
Here are some of the well-regarded rankings of Mithibai College 2022:
- India Today 2021 for Commerce-10
- Outlook 2021 for Science-17
- India Today 2021 for Arts-11
- Education World 2020 for Best Autonomous College In India-7
- The Week 2020 for Science-19
- Education World 2020 for Curriculum and Pedagogy-10
- India Today 2020 for Science – 18
- The Week 2020 for Arts –21.
Mithibai College Key Highlights
Following are the key highlights of Mithibai College, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Mithibai College of Arts has recently introduced two brand new specializations under their M.Com program. These are Advanced Accountancy and Business Management.
- Mithibai College has ranked 18th position in the Science category, 11th in the Arts category, and 10th in the Commerce category by IndiaToday 2021. Moreover, it is also ranked 2nd in the category of top Autonomous colleges in the state and 5th in all of India.
- For 2021-22 admissions, the BMS programme offered by the college has received maximum applications as compared to other courses. Note that nearly 6,700 applications have been received for this course.
- Mithibai College offers the best infrastructure that includes well-equipped laboratories, state-of-the-art libraries, smart classrooms and several other facilities to provide the students with the best possible learning environment.
- The curriculum of Mithibai College is revised every two years to keep it fresh and relevant. Moreover, it is supported by practical activities like soft skill training, industrial visits, project works, guest lectures, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Mithibai College has also introduced a Performance Improvement Program to offer special training to students who are all set to appear in University exams. This program focuses on the revision of all the important topics, plus mock tests.
It is important to score better in any examination. Since the top colleges in India take admission based on merit and entrance exams (for special training courses), students must not ignore the importance of good grades. For the same, they can consider private tuition at home or online. The benefit of private tuition is that one can easily get suggestions about the college. Private tutors also help the candidate make better career decisions. For instance, a tutor on Superprof can also help the candidate choose the right career path.
Mithibai College Eligibility & Courses Offered
Following are Mithibai College eligibility and courses under the Mumbai University.
To take admission in B.A courses, the basics eligibility criteria is 10+2. The selection is based on MINCET.
To take admission in B.Com courses, the basics eligibility criteria is 10+2. The selection is based on MINCET.
To take admission in B.A.M.M.C courses, the basics eligibility criteria is 10+2. The selection is based on MINCET.
To take admission in B.Sc. courses, the basics eligibility criteria is 10+2. The selection is based on MINCET.
To take admission in B.M.S courses, the basics eligibility criteria is 10+2. The selection is based on MINCET.
To take admission in M.A courses, the basics eligibility criteria is Bachelor's Degree. The selection is based on entrance exam.
To take admission in M.Sc. courses, the basics eligibility criteria is Bachelor's Degree. The selection is based on entrance exam.
To take admission in M.Com courses, the basics eligibility criteria is Bachelor's Degree. The selection is based on entrance exam.
To take admission in PhD courses, the basics eligibility criteria is Masters Degree. The selection is based on PET/SET/NET/GATE.
Mithibai College Fees and Application 2022
No application fee is required for seeking admission to Mithibai College. However, you'll be required to deposit the admission fee as soon as your admission is confirmed online.
Further, there is an admission fee for PhD students. They are required to pay an application fee of INR 1,000.
Mithibai College Fees for the UG, PG and Doctorate courses. The fees are provided for the first year only.
- B.A: Fees: INR 8,000
- B.Com: Fees: INR 35,000
- B.Sc: Fees: INR 55,000
- BAMMC: Fees: INR 38,000
- BMS: Fees: INR 32,000
- M.A: Fees: INR 25,000
- M.Sc: Fees: INR 50,000
- M.Com: Fees: INR 32,000
- PhD: Fees : INR 35,000
Mithibai College Application Process
Below is the complete application process for taking admission to Mithibai College, Mumbai:
- Visit the official website of Mithibai College.
- Create an account and get yourself registered.
- Open the application form and fill it out.
- Select the college
- Select the course you want to take
- Enter other necessary details
- Submit the form and take a printout for future use.
Once your application is approved, and admission is confirmed, you will have to pay the admission fees. Moreover, you can also submit your application offline. For this, you need to submit a pre-admission enrollment form to the affiliated college or university.
Mithibai College Admission 2022
Mithibai College admission is made online. Students who want to enter this college can fill and submit the online application form on the official website of Mithibai College.
Admissions to junior college happen after class 10th through an online procedure. In fact, admissions to any college that runs under SVP KM are made online. Generally, the application forms for junior college are made available from the middle of June.
Further, talking about the eligibility criteria for taking admission in junior college, the candidate needs to pass class X from a reputed school. Note that the students who have passed their 10th class from CBSE can only apply for admission in Mithibai if they have given the CBSE board exam and not the class 10th school level exam.
Further, candidates who have passed their class X from CBSE are needed to submit a certificate signed by the principal that shows the student had passed the CBSE board exam and not the school level exam. Without this certificate, you won't be able to apply for the admission process.
To take admissions into undergraduate programs, you need to complete class XII or junior college with the required marks. Only after that, you can be admitted to UG courses like B.Com, B.Sc, B.A, B.M.S, etc.
The admission process in UG courses works as per the guidelines, and the notification is released in the month of June-July.
Talking about the Mithibai College selection process, MINCET is required for all the UG courses. Moreover, candidates must have passed their 12th in a related discipline with the required marks. On the other hand, for post-graduate courses, the students should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed institute or university.
Mithibai College Placement Scenario
Now the most important part is the placement at Mithibai College. What is it like? How many companies visit Mithibai for recruitment? What is the highest and average CTC? Let's find out.
Mithibai College has a very efficient and active Training & Placement Cell, which consists of a trainer, placement officer, student coordinators, and faculties. This department is primarily responsible for conducting all the T&P activities, including providing full-time and part-time opportunities to eligible students in well-regarded organizations.
The T&P cell conducts a wide range of activities and sessions in the form of seminars, drills, workshops, GD/PD sessions, and more. Note that over 100 final-year students got placed in reputed organizations during the 2020 placement drive.
Further, alongside marketing, finance, and HR companies, the college also witnessed a huge recruitment demand from other sectors like social science and education. Most importantly, the highest CTC of Mithibai College is INR 19.3 LPA, whereas the average CTC stood at around INR 7 LPA.
Mithibai College Facilities
Mithibai Seminar Hall and Juhu Jagruti Hall are two fully air-conditioned rooms equipped well with excellent light, sound, and art acoustics facilities. Further, these halls can accommodate 114 people at a time.
The Mithibai College Library can hold over 60,000 books related to all the fields of learning. Further, you can also find periodicals, journals, handbooks, encyclopedias, general knowledge books, and so on. Moreover, the library is fully air-conditioned and renovated.
There is also an E-Library facility available at Mithibai College. The digital library is supported by all the modern amenities like Wi-Fi, video recording cameras, etc. It's a fully air-conditioned facility that allows students to access databases over Wi-Fi.
- Activity Room
Mithibai College is able to maintain a vibrant and healthy atmosphere because of its extracurricular and extensive activities. It offers a great environment to enhance your creativity with a focus on Cultural Milieu.
All the labs in Mithibai College are equipped with all the latest equipment and apparatus. There are some great hi-tech labs that are widely used for research work.
- Other Facilities (Lifts, Washrooms, Ramps, Water Coolers)
All of these facilities are available on each floor to meet the needs of everyone. Moreover, there are proper arrangements for people with disabilities and special needs.
Mithibai College is one of the popular colleges in India, offering a wide range of degree courses and certifications. You can consider this college for further education.
The platform that connects tutors and students