Institute of Chemical Technology, popularly known as ICT, is a state-funded university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Besides, the institute has campuses in many other places, such as Bhubaneshwar, Jalna and Odissa, and Marathwada. The institute focuses on training the candidate in the field of chemical research. The area of focus is chemical engineering, chemical technology and pharmacy.
History of ICT Mumbai
UDCT stands for University Department of Chemical Technology. It is now known as the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (ICT Mumbai). Founded in 1933 with the assistance of numerous enterprises, the Institute developed into a top-tier (deemed) educational facility in 2008. It is dedicated to guiding and training students in chemical technology, chemical engineering, pharmacy, applied chemistry, bioprocessing, and biotechnology. The institution also runs several research and commercialization programs.
Indian Chemical Institute is among one of the oldest Indian technical academic institutes. Since its inception in 1933, ICT has devoted itself to the nation's excellence. The first ever academic batch of ICT started with 20 students in two faculties - chemical engineering and textile chemistry. In times to come, ICT will collaborate with various other sectors such as food processing, oleochemicals, pharmaceutical engineering, and more. Here, you can check ICT Mumbai ranking, courses and eligibility criteria, admission, fees, placement, etc.
The record of its excellence is evident in the ICT Mumbai ranking. The institute boasts of its national and international rankings as shared below.
- NIRF University - 14
- NIRF Engineering - 18
- NIRF Overall - 28
- NIRF Research - 25
- NIRF Pharmacy - 7
- US News Overall - 1467
- The Week Overall - 16
- ARIIA (State & Deemed University) - 6
- QS Overall - 22
Top Facilities at ICT Mumbai
- Separate hostels are offered by the institute for boys and girls. Over 850 students can be housed in the 3 boys’ hostels and 2 girls’ hostels.
- The institute is home to a number of well-equipped labs, including:
- Computer Lab
- Biotechnology Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Pharmaceutical Lab
- Chemical Engineering Lab
- Central Instrumentation Lab
- More than 5 databases, 125 printed periodicals, 77102 books, and 4848 research papers make up the library's extensive collection. In addition, the library offers:
- Training programs for e-resources.
- User orientation programs
- Circulation services
- Reference and referral services
- Book bank services
- Bibliographic services
- Current awareness services
- Photocopying services
- It has a dedicated sports arena with a basketball court, a futsal court, a badminton court, and a tennis court.
- Both the boys' and girls' Hostel has a Gym for their use
- Wi-Fi is available across the campus for the benefit of students and staff.
ICT Mumbai Top Alumni
Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai is proud to present the country with the leading figures in their respective fields. Some of the big names who passed from ICT Mumbai have become international icons today. The top alumni list of ICT Mumbai consists:
- Mukesh Ambani: Indian Businessman and the largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Keki Gharda: Indian Chemical Engineer, founder, chairman and managing director of Gharda Chemicals Limited.
- K Anji Reddy: Indian entrepreneur, founder-chairman of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories.
- Raghunath Mashelkar: Indian Chemical Engineer, former director of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Manmohan Sharma: Indian Chemical Engineer, appointed as the professor of Chemical Engineering in ICT Mumbai.
All about ICT Mumbai Admission
ICT Mumbai admission has certain strict parameters. Since the institute is proud of its academic excellence and heritage for almost a century, it has kept its standards high when it comes to admission. The eligibility criteria are discussed in detail under the Cut-Off section. Let’s get started with the admission ICT Mumbai admission procedure.
- The applicant should go to the GATE, JEE Mains/ MAH CET, or GPAT portal and select the link for registering for UG/ PG candidacy.
- The applicant is urged to properly complete the application form's basic information and upload all necessary paperwork, including any relevant photos and signatures.
- Candidates are urged to pay the required application fee to finish the application process after completing the aforementioned procedures.
- According to the candidate's entrance exam score, the number of open seats, and their preference, admission will be granted.
Over the years, the Institute of Chemical Technology has fast advanced to become a top academic centre, offering undergraduate programs like B.Tech, and B.Chem. Eng., and B.Pharm, as well as postgraduate programs like M.Tech., M.Chem. Engg., M.Pharm, ME, and M.Sc. in 21 distinct specialities. Students at ICT Mumbai can also enrol in PhD programs in various subjects. In addition, you can opt for a 5-year Integrated Master's program in ICT.
Post completion, you will have the opportunity to work in the giants of the national and international industries.
The institute provides students with three undergrad courses, five graduate courses, and several Ph.D programs. The courses that are most popular are discussed below.
- B. Pharm
ICT Mumbai Scholarships
The institute offers underprivileged and deserving students the following list of scholarships.
- Community Scholarships: Through the National Scholarship programs, there are other scholarship programs for underprivileged groups and courses.
- NSF Scholarships: The institute also provides PG students with NSF Scholarships.
- MCM Scholarships: This scholarship program is merit-based. There are numerous general and departmental scholarship programs offered under this that are given to the students.
ICT Mumbai Eligibility
The basic eligibility for admission in ICT Mumbai includes a 10+2 pass certificate and/or Master's certificate from a recognised board/equivalent and university/equivalent. Further, the eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- B.Tech: The eligibility includes a 10+2 passing certificate with a minimum of 75% marks and JEE Main passing grades.
- B.Pharm: The eligibility includes a 10+2 pass certificate with an aggregate of 50% marks along with MHT CET certification.
- M.Sc: The eligibility for M.Sc is a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
- M.Pharm: The eligibility includes a passing certificate of B.Pharm and GPAT entrance exam passing grades.
- M.Tech: The eligibility includes graduation certification from a recognised university/equivalent along with GATE entrance.
- PhD: The most basic eligibility includes post-graduation results in the same or relevant field.
- PG Diploma: The eligibility includes a passing certificate of graduation.
ICT Mumbai Cut Off
The candidate's score in the GATE or GPAT exam determines admission to undergraduate programs, whereas the candidate's score in the JEE Mains or MAH CET exam determines admission to graduate programs.
Course-wise ICT Mumbai cut off standards are given below for your reference.
- B.Tech: The candidate must successfully complete the 10+2 standard exam from a recognized board with 75%.
- B.Sc.: The candidate must successfully complete the 10+2 standard exam from a recognized board 50%.
- B.Pharma: The candidate must successfully complete the 10+2 standard exam from a recognized board 50%.
- M.Tech: The applicants must hold a B.Tech./ BE or comparable degree in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- M.Sc.: The applicants must hold a B.Sc./ B.Tech./BE or comparable degree in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- M.Pharma: The applicants must hold a B.Pharma or comparable degree in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- M.E.: The applicants must hold a B.Tech./BE or comparable degree in a relevant field from an accredited university.
- Ph.D: Candidates must hold a Master's degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
ICT Mumbai Fee Structure
Various courses at ICT Mumbai have different fees. The fee varies from discipline to discipline as well. An elaborate ICT Mumbai fee structure is discussed below.
- For most of the undergraduate courses, the fees is INR 83,500
- For B.Pharma course, the fees is INR 85,350.
- For B.Tech, the fees is INR 85,350.
- For Postgraduate courses which include subjects like M.Tech, M.E., and M.Pharma, the fees is INR 70,750.
- For PG courses under M.Sc. stream, the fees is INR 55,750.
- For PhD. the college fees is INR 64,500.
- For OG Diploma, courses, the fees is around INR 15,000.
However, the above-mentioed fee is for the first year of the training.
ICT Mumbai Placement
The institute offers its students a respectable opportunity for placement. The placement rate is 90%, which is extremely respectable. The institute's top package was INR 18 LPA, but the average package was INR 5 LPA. Reputable firms that visit the institute for campus recruitments include:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Pidilite Industries
- Tata Motors
- UOP India Private Limited
Along with the placement, you can check the salary package offered to the candidate. Since the placement report is not yet available for 2022, here is the report mentioned for 2020.
- The highest CTC offered for batch 2020 is INR 17 lakh per annum.
- The average CTC offered was INR 5 LPA.
- In 2020, the highest number of candidates who got placement was 252 students. Most of the recruitment opportunities came from brands like BPL, Mario, Pepsico, etc.
Get in Touch with Best Tutors in the Town from Superprof
It takes a lot of effort to succeed on the Indian Chemical Institute admission exam. Only a select fraction of the students that study for the entrance exam across the nation are selected. As a result, you may comprehend how fierce the competition is for seats at ICT Mumbai. You must seek advice from seasoned teachers if you want to be certain that you can enrol in an institution with a 90-year track record of excellence.
- There are many important factors in ICT Mumbai preparation. You must be meticulous, and more importantly, you must understand the layout of the exam. In the entrance tests for ICT Mumbai, getting a good score is more significant than getting a high score quickly. All you need to do is have a general notion of what to leave out and what to concentrate on.
- The scoring system is a crucial component of the entrance tests for ICT Mumbai. You should be familiar with the ICT Mumbai admission test's scoring methodology. This will support your approach to planning.
Your Superprof instructor will walk you through every step of the procedure, from choosing the best program for you to securing additional assistance. You will require remedial classes and at-home coaching in addition to the admission exams to develop the skills required. You can choose the most compelling academics to spice up your college curriculum with the help of Superprof.
Superprof has a highly interactive interface that is really simple to use and navigate. With this platform, you may access the gold mine of the best tutors in your town. Visit the official Superprof website right away to find out more about these intriguing features.
The platform that connects tutors and students