Playing chess helps to exercise the mind. Chess is a tonic for the brain as it enhances concentration, patience, and perseverance. Moreover, playing chess helps children develop creativity, intuition, and memory. Most importantly, chess can help to develop the ability to process and extract information from a set of general principles, make tough decisions, and solve problems with patience.
Learn chess in Mumbai.
Why Chess is Important
Chess Boosts IQ
In many empirical studies, chess has been shown to raise a child's overall IQ scores. Tournament chess games, especially, which require players to make their move within the stipulated time, hone one’s ability to perform under pressure.
Chess Develops and Improves Life Skills
The Effect of Chess on Reading Scores is an oft-cited report that found definitive results to prove that playing chess caused increased performance in reading. Moreover, playing chess also helps players, especially children, develop important life skills.
- Analysis, Logic, and Problem-solving Skills: Learning chess strengthens both numerical and verbal aptitudes.
- Verbal Skills: Young students, who play chess, also learn to make connections based on chess moves, which, in turn, helps them connect different aspects of what they read in English courses and texts. This also helps to improve the overall IQ score of the child.
- Problem-solving Skills: Each move in chess is like a piece of a bigger puzzle that needs solving and thinking on your toes because your opponent is constantly changing the parameters. This helps players develop their problem-solving skills which they can easily apply in real life.
- Concentration: Chess masters exercise intense concentration because their game demands it. Even a split second of distraction can induce a wrong move and result in a defeat for the player.
- Creativity: Chess greatly increases originality as it has been scientifically shown that playing chess activates the right side of the brain, which is responsible for creative thinking in humans.
- Planning and Foresight: The prefrontal cortex is one of the last parts of the brain to develop. This area of the brain is responsible for planning, judgment, and self-control. Strategy games like chess can promote prefrontal cortex development, thus helping chess players make better decisions in all areas of life.
Learn chess in Delhi.
Playing chess improves your memory. This is common knowledge. But, why is it so? Being a good player means remembering how your opponent has operated in the past and recalling moves that have helped you win before.
Improved Spatial Intelligence
The ability to perceive possibilities for movement is particularly crucial to chess thinking, as is the capacity to build up a system of knowledge and experience. Chess players often have to think within a complex, hierarchical structure of problems and sub-problems. The capacity for retaining and manipulating such complex structures of data correlates with having a high IQ.
Find chess coaches in Bengaluru.
Increased Growth of Dendrites
Dendrites are tree-like branches that conduct signals from other neural cells into the neurons they are attached to. Learning a new skill, such as how to play chess, causes growth in dendrites. The growth is spurred through interactions with people in challenging activities, such as a game of chess.
Chess Classes in Pune
The city of Pune has always embraced sports. Chess has been no exception. If you are a chess enthusiast in the city wondering how to learn chess online in these times of a deadly pandemic, you have come to the right place! We have put together a list of the best chess academies in Pune which are offering expert online coaching chess. So, wrap up that search for chess classes near me and dive into the real thing with this list!
Find online chess courses in Nagpur.
Victorious Chess Academy
Victorious Chess Academy has been catering to a large number of students since its inception in 2013. Budding chess players at the Academy are guided by a team of highly efficient, qualified, and experienced chess instructors. The Academy is equipped with all the modern tools for teaching chess. Regular lectures and seminars are organized for students to learn important aspects like time management, stress management, and career guidance. Regular tests and exams are also conducted so that the students can understand the areas wherein they need to improve and work upon.
Find chess classes in Chennai.
Chess Training Programs
- In Group Chess Training: Improve your capacity to reconstruct, resolve, discuss issues, and help each other to grow faster in a competitive environment
- Online Chess Training: Recommended for players who want to improve their skills in less time with more exposure for tournament preparation
- Personal Chess Training: Recommended for players with specific targets in chess and who want to play tournaments at higher levels
- Chess in School: Introducing chess in school has many advantages as provides a positive social outlet, a wholesome recreational activity that can be easily learned and enjoyed at any age
- Chess Camps: Designed for children to get ahead in academics and life
Certified Chess Courses
- Chess Training for Beginners: For unrated or hobby players who want to improve concentration, patience, and decision-making
- Intermediate Chess Training: For rated players between 1000 to 1400 who want to prepare for chess tournaments, including a deep study of opening, middle game, and endgame.
- Advanced Chess Training: For players with a specific target in chess such as to qualify for a District, Division, State or National level chess championship or to become a titleholder such as a Candidate Master (CM), FIDE Master (FM), International Master (IM), or Grand Master (GM) in chess tournaments
Find online chess classes in Madurai.
Kunte's Chess Academy
The Academy was started in Pune by WIM & National Women Champion, Mrunalinee Kunte in 2007. Apart from training young chess players, the Academy also holds regular training camps under the supervision of renowned chess players. The Academy also conducts chess training in school campuses, such as in Abhinav English Medium School, Amanora School, Jnyana Prabodini, and GG International School. One of the primary aims of the Academy, apart from chess training, is to spread awareness about the game of chess. The Academy does this through various types of chess training programs such as:
- Learn 2 Play Level 1
- Learn 2 Play Level 2
- Learn 2 Compete Level 1
- Learn 2 Compete Level 2
- Train 2 Play
- Train 2 Compete
Learn chess in Kolkata.
Joseph D'souza's Chess Academy
One of the most well-known chess coaches in Pune, Joseph D'souza started his academy to enable local chess players to dream big. Now, even after his passing, the Academy is continuing its founder's legacy of offering quality chess coaching to players of all levels. The services offered at the Academy are:
- Chess Special Advance Training: High-quality chess lessons in chess strategies and tactics, in special and general batches of chess
- Corporate Chess Gym: Special course contemporary business heads, executives, managers, and entrepreneurs actively involved in the strategies and tactics of the corporate world.
- Chess Workshop: Explore the essential elements of chess through custom-made sessions and consultation
- Chess Seminars and Lectures: Planned classes of concentrated chess instructions for scholastic chess players. The purpose of these seminars is to enhance the young chess player's tactical foresight.
- Chess Camps: Chess training with the help of a chessboard, chess books, computer software, thematic problems, and solutions. These camps help to sharpen the talent of the upcoming chess players and motivate them to participate in chess competitions at the national level. Players are trained in strategies, endgame tactics, and moves in the opening and middle games.
Find online chess classes in Hyderabad.
Learn how to become a shatranj ke khiladi in Lucknow.
Rajesh Oza Chess Academy
The Academy organizes chess coaching batches for beginners/basic, intermediate players, rank advanced players, and advanced players. The regular and special batches throughout the year impart chess training and expert coaching, help students prepare for tournaments and boost their chances of attaining international ratings.
Kids Chess Academy
Kids Chess Academy conducts individual and group online chess classes for students of all levels - beginners, intermediate, and advanced level. The students are given an overview of the game of chess, taught how to think on each move, how to correctly evaluate each position, how to come up with the proper strategy and chess fundamentals.
Unknown to many, even many chess players and chess enthusiasts, July 20 is celebrated as International Chess Day. And, we are in the month of July. What better way to pay homage to the game you so love than to teach yourself how to play chess? Reach out to a chess coach online and get cracking on your first chess move!
The platform that connects tutors and students