Keep calm. It's just an exam - Anonymous
Biology class 10 in CBSE or ICSE or IB is a mandatory paper. But that doesn't mean it has to be a painful process to study it. Specially when you have helpful resources like NCERT solutions. If you have clarity of concepts, the rest of the process of learning the subject is automated. Start with a positive attitude towards science in general. It doesn't have to be scary. Science can be real fun too. It all depends on how you view it. For biology, get a good grasp on vocabulary and diagrams. It can be complicated, yes, but it can be very interesting, if studied in the right way. Your questions can become the answers as you progress through each chapter in class. It all boils down to how much energy you put into learning the subject both in the class and outside.
Biology teachers can be a great help when it comes to cracking ICSE or CBSE board exams. Get help from them while going through the NCERT solutions in class to build conceptual clarity instead of just memorizing the answers to the difficult questions. This article aims to provide you with a basic understanding of how biology class 10 exam system works in India and how the teacher has the important job of preparing students for an exam, whether it is an Indian secondary school or a GCSE school in London. Teaching jobs may not pay a high salary per annum, but they can be very rewarding.
Overview of Biology Class 10 Science Syllabus
Before everything else, it is important for students to be well-aware of the biology class 10 syllabus in CBSE and other boards. The CBSE board or the ICSE board determines what gets included in a particular year and what gets omitted. NCERT solutions is your best bet to keep yourself updated. A detailed understanding of the syllabus helps you prepare each chapter in a well-planned manner before an exam. You can prepare a list of questions based on this to seek solutions in your biology class. Owing to the Covid19 pandemic, the CBSE board has reduced the science syllabus in 2021 by almost 30%. You can easily download the updated syllabus on the official CBSE website or ICSE, whichever is relevant.
Typically, the CBSE board exam (physics, chemistry, maths, biology) is of 80 marks (theory) while the remaining 20 marks is allotted for internal assessments. The pattern is similar in the ICSE board. It is primarily the job of your teacher to explain this in detail. For each science chapter, the following is the marks distribution:
- Unit 1: Nature & Behavior of Chemical Substances - 25 marks
- Unit 2: The World of Living - 23 marks
- Unit 3: Natural Phenomena - 12 marks
- Unit 4: Effects of Current - 13 marks
- Unit 5: Natural Resources - 7 marks
- Internal Assessment - 20 marks
And remember to ask questions of your teacher. Because no matter what level of education you are in - degree or secondary, the primary definition of teaching jobs in India or London is to unleash the true potential of students.
Online Biology Classes to Supplement Learning
Biology is that branch of science that deals with studying living organisms, studying life processes, chemical reactions in the human body, food & nutrition in human and plants, production of oxygen and carbon dioxide in nature, cell regeneration, metals & non-metals, heredity, genetics, evolution, etc. This makes biology pivotal in the advancement of science and increases the significance of a biology class for students manifold.
Advantages of Online Biology Classes
- Study from the comfort of your home just by using your internet and computer.
- Schedule and plan your online biology classes according to your own convenience and pace of study.
- Get personalized attention to questions and solutions.
- Get the added advantage of undivided attention from a biology teacher.
- Get access to peer learning groups to discuss difficult concepts and find solutions together.
- Study at your own pace by accessing online knowledge repository anytime, anywhere.
- Cut down on travel costs and pay according to your budget.
- Take as many mock tests and solve as many past question papers as you like.
- Sign up for free classes.
- Get access to online notes of the best biology teachers.
- Choose your own biology teacher.
- Switch to another biology class if a particular lesson plan or teaching style doesn't suit your rhythm.
How to Find Biology Tutors Near Me?
It is important to follow current trends in teaching while choosing your online biology teachers. A teacher is also called a tutor and plays a very significant role in the lives of their students. Whether it is in a physical biology class or online biology classes. Your CBSE NCERT solutions and ICSE student guides can only get you somewhere but not the full distance. That's why you need good biology teachers who can simplify difficult concepts of cell regeneration, human reproduction, food & nutrition, and other life processes.
What to Look For in A Good Biology Tutor
- A tutor is someone who will invest extra time and energy in the students.
- A tutor must makes the lessons discussed in class simpler to understand.
- The focus of teaching should be on building conceptual clarity in an informal setting.
- Tutors should be willing to teach in both formal and informal settings.
- A tutor need only to invest energy on providing solutions on the subject.
- Tutors do not necessarily have to restrict to a prescribed syllabus to answer difficult questions.
- Tutors can teach in a group or individually, based on the needs of the students.
- Tutors should match their pace with that of the students when it comes to learning.
Are biology teaching jobs a good career option?
How to Extract the Maximum Learning from A Biology Class?
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - John Kabat Jinn
If you are preparing for your biology class 10 board exams for CBSE or ICSE, or a degree level exam, and feeling overwhelmed, remind yourself of this quote. There are tons of ways you can prepare effectively for this critical exam. And the best place to start is your biology class.
Online Biology Classes to Provoke the Thinker in You!
When students have the opportunity to think and ask questions in class, they learn the most. The solutions to all life's problems lies in the type of questions you can ask. So in a biology class, whether in school or online, do the following to maximize learning:
- Give yourself time to absorb the concepts.
- Take notes.
- Discuss with peers about difficult questions.
- Find study buddies to come up with solutions.
- Don't waste too much energy in overthinking or overdoing.
- Track your progress between each other.
- Get immersed in different study groups.
- Access past questions and test papers.
- Ask your biology teachers for feedback.
- Supplement learning with drawings especially for complex concepts like heredity, food & nutrition, cell regeneration, etc.
Top Biology Tips and Tricks 2021
There are no standard rules for approaching an exam as critical as CBSE, or ICSE or GCSE (London) final board exams. But there are some tried and tested techniques to prepare well for this. And it is the job of your teacher to encourage you to do the following:
- Get well-versed with the type of questions in the exam paper.
- Fully understand the scoring and marking system for biology class 10.
- Solve sample papers like those in the NCERT solutions.
- Follow a timetable to be able to cover each chapter in time.
- Make notes for revision.
- Take as many mock tests during your online biology classes as possible.
- Prepare your solutions in simple language that helps you remember during the exam.
- Get enough rest and take breaks while studying.
CBSE Biology Class 10 Exam Pattern & Grading System
The CBSE board has recently introduced a fresh set of guidelines for changes to be implemented in the class 10 board exam grading system. It is a departure from the old nine-point scale grading system that required students to qualify in at least 4 out of 5 subjects to be eligible for promotion to the next higher class. The CBSE board has also decided not to include the words PASS or FAIL in the student marksheets. This is a great move to remove the huge psychological burden from the students. Also, the students will be evaluated through a continuous and consistent grading system throughout the year instead of one final exam that would seal their fate. This system is similar to the ICSE board. This means that students can now distribute their energy across the year instead of mounting pressure during final exams.
The new grading system has a five-point scale with grades between A to E. This elements the numerical assessment of students for it to be more qualitative. Below is how students will be graded from now on:
- For marks in the range of 91 to 100, students will obtain an A1 grade and 10 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 81 to 90, students will obtain an A2 grade and 9 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 71 to 80, students will obtain an B1 grade and 8 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 61 to 70, students will obtain an B2 grade and 7 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 51 to 60, students will obtain an C1 grade and 6 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 41 to 50, students will obtain an C2 grade and 5 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 33 to 40, students will obtain an D grade and 4 grade points.
- For marks in the range of 21 to 32, students will obtain an E1 grade and will not be promoted.
- For marks in the range of 0 to 20, students will obtain an E2 grade and will not be promoted.
Check for crash course biology here on Superprof.
The platform that connects tutors and students