Be ready to fail 'cuz only then you are ready to succeed - Anonymous
Biology teachers are literally the backbone of students doing well in exams, whether in CBSE or ICSE board. Given the current pandemic situation, the role of teachers in biology class 10 has assumed greater importance. The energy required to pull off an online class with the same amount of dedication and attention is way more than in a physical classroom setting. Biology teachers have to study each science chapter carefully to develop notes before coming to a class.
They have to develop the curriculum that is backed by lab experiments and scientific research, apart from creating robust lesson plans, and recommending good scientific readings to students. Teachers of secondary schools are required to prepare questions for exams and assess test papers.
So, you see? The role of biology teachers and their responsibilities are probably far greater than those of the students. More than you, it is the primary responsibility of teachers to ensure that students do well in their exams and come up with logical solutions to problems. So, before you decide to mug up the NCERT syllabus, it may be a good idea to get proper guidance on a particular chapter in CBSE science from your online biology teachers or in school. And that is one of the best biology tips once can ever give to a biology class student in CBSE or ICSE board. A few other important tips and tricks to crack biology class 10 examinations are also discussed in this article.
Online Biology Teachers to Help with Biology Class 10
Any science subject or chapter in biology or maths or physics or chemistry can be made interesting and engaging with a little effort from both the teacher and students. Just by co-creating solutions together in class can make a chapter way more interesting and questions way more logical.
Education & Skills of Biology Teachers
If you are looking for good biology teachers for CBSE or ICSE biology class 10, then you may take the following into consideration:
- Basic graduation degree in science (biology).
- Additional certification courses for specialization in specific branches of biology or related science fields.
- The degree course should at least one or more of these subjects as a minor - maths, physics, chemistry, microbiology.
- A post graduate degree in teaching or education.
- Educational or teaching experience.
- Curriculum writing for CBSE (NCERT books) or ICSE.
- Internship or research experiences.
Other Skills in Biology Teachers
Apart from the technical skills, there are some characteristics that all top-quality teachers must possess. These include,
- Listening skills
- Ability to speak articulately
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
- High learning orientation
- Tech-based skills
- Problem-solving skills
Biology Class 10 Mock Test
As per the current trends in the field of science, more and more students are looking to build their careers in the field of biology. This entails more energy from not only the students but also teachers and parents alike. Mock tests are a great way to prepare for biology class 10 exams. This is a great platform to assess your understanding of each chapter in the NCERT books like life processes, human reproduction, food & nutrition in plants and animals, metals & non-metals, cell regeneration, chemical reactions in the human body, carbon dioxide production in plants, compounds, electric waves in living organisms, and many more.
During the current times of online education, you can easily access resources on the web including,
- CBSE/ICSE syllabus
- Sample exam questions
- Mock tests
- NCERT solutions
- Online learning videos for each chapter and concept
- Preparation guide for lab experiments
- Guide to viva voce
- Self-assessment questions
- Mock test evaluations
Biology Tips for Studying Online
You don't always get what you wish for. You get what you work for - Anonymous
If you really want to excel in science, especially biology, you need to be able grasp concepts well. Online biology teachers can help you with this. Students can only learn so much in classrooms. You also need someone who can take each component of the syllabus and build conceptual clarity. Biology class 10 is not child's play. And NCERT solutions alone may not be able to answer all your questions. You will still need expert guidance to see you through ICSE and CBSE board exams.
NCERT solutions textbook is a good place to start definitely. It is filled with conceptual explanations of all sorts of topics from human reproduction to life cycle of plants to interlinkages between physics-chemistry-maths-biology. Follow the latest NCERT solutions textbook so you are updated on the CBSE science syllabus. You can also refer to online biology teachers at Superprof for guidance on each chapter of biology class 10.
Educational videos are a great way to build conceptual clarity on difficult science concepts. Most online tutoring platforms have a repository of such videos that focus on each chapter and topic individually. These are also the storehouses of sample questions, mock test papers, and solutions to previous years' test papers. If you have signed up on a learning platform, your dashboard should have information on all of this and more. You can also access biology class 10 syllabus for ready reference and monitor your progress regularly. Solve as many multiple choice questions to better manage time during exams before finding solutions to the tricky questions. Videos are also a great way to improve your drawing skills which is key to biology class 10 CBSE and ICSE exams.
Find more biology course here on Superprof.
Biology Class 10 Exam Pattern & Sample Questions
The most important part of preparing for CBSE and ICSE exams is to familiarize yourself with something called exam pattern, apart from solving past papers and NCERT solutions. The CBSE exam pattern follows more or less the same pattern every year and so does ICSE. It comprises two main components -
- Board exams (theory) of 80 marks.
- Internal assessment of 20 marks which further divided into periodic assessments (10 marks), practical (5 marks), and student portfolio (5 marks).
Question Pattern in CBSE Biology Class 10 Exam
The following format is the prescribed one as outlined in NCERT books for CBSE board exams:
- A total of 30 questions sub-divided into three sections - A, B, C
- Section A is for objective-type questions with multiple-choice solutions, VSA, and assertion-reason type questions of 1 mark each.
- Section B has 10 short questions of 3 marks each.
- Section C has 6 essay-type questions of 5 marks each.
- All questions need to be answered mandatorily.
Tips and Tricks to Crack Biology Class 10 Examinations?
If you are preparing for biology class 10 exam with online biology teachers or otherwise, these useful tips can help you get the best results -
- Manage Your Time: The first thing to do while preparing for any outcome-related solutions is to have a plan in place. And the top thing on that plan is the plan to manage your time effectively. Time management is a crucial life skill that can provide easy solutions to difficult problems and questions. When preparing for an exam, the best way to manage time is to have time table or schedule to track your progress against. This will also help you find time for other things like taking a much-needed break and not breaking down physically and mentally before an exam. Having a time table also allows you to structure your lesson plans well and to decide which questions to solve today and which to attend to later.
- Practice Self-Control: If you are someone who is easily distracted by a notification on your phone, for example, then it might be a good idea to keep the phone away while studying. As part of your study plan, have specific break times to check on your emails and messages and to catch up with friends. Phones and computers can be a huge distraction during long hours of study and should consciously be kept away. The slightest of dents in your schedule can make your plan go for a toss.
- Prepare Notes: Just solving questions and writing down solutions will not make you ready for the exam. Get in the habit of preparing and reiterating notes. Study with the help of flash cards to help jog your memory better and increase retention. Stick up important terminologies and their short definitions on your desk or where you can readily see them.
- Choose Your Topics: You can't study everything in one go. That is why divide your lesson plan based on the difficulty level of each chapter. You use three levels namely, mild, moderate, intense. Do a mix of three on a daily basis, but start with the easy stuff. Don't get too overwhelmed by studying complex concepts at the outset. Science is all about building conceptual clarity. Ensure you dedicate enough time to doing that. If you get this right, the rest of the process will flow smoothly and provide automated solutions.
- Practice & Revise: The more your practice and revise the solutions and answer the same questions again and again, the better you get at remembering. There is no substitute to revision of notes and consistent practice.
As a student, one must follow the NCERT solutions for CBSE questions and other reference books for ICSE and IB.
Get ready to study Biology the easy way.
The platform that connects tutors and students