You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. - C.S.Lewis
The popularity of the IELTS training exam all over the world is increasing every day. It is one of those very few English language tests that are acceptable by all top colleges and universities, along with top employers globally. However, not many people still believe in the benefits that an IELTS training exam offers.
Therefore, if you are someone who is new to the concept of IELTS coaching and wonder about the importance of an IELTS training exam, here are some reasons why you should take it.
- The first and the most important benefit of taking the IELTS exam is that it is recognized all over the world in over 135 different countries. Whether it be for professional purposes or educational or career growth options, it is widely accepted by most.
- Another important reason to invest your time and energy in practising for an IELTS training exam is that it improves your English language skills significantly. As the exam tests your skills of reading, writing, speaking, and listening, you come out of the exam with increased English language proficiency and knowledge.
- A lesser-known benefit of taking the IELTS exam is that it helps you in different situations in your life, starting from higher education, to professional requirements, to migration needs, etc.
- The next important benefit of taking the IELTS training exam is that it covers both American and British English, preparing you for countries that prefer either or both.
- Lastly, you can choose between two types of IELTS training exams that are academic and general training. The choice is dependent directly on your goals and the type of college or institute you wish to apply to.
IELTS Academic vs General Training
As mentioned above, under the IELTS training exam, there are two different types of tests you can choose from and they are either IELTS general training or IELTS academic exam. Additionally, there is an online test for IELTS known as the IELTS indicator which is introduced for students who were unable to take the test due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
So, if you are new to this, it is obvious that you are confused between the IELTS Academic vs General Training exam. Let us discuss each of them below to see which one fits your requirements better.
The general training exam or test is known to measure your language proficiency in the English language in a daily life context. The questions that are asked on the examination include both social situations and scenarios and workplace environment-related episodes to understand your level of proficiency in the practical sense.
The main reasons why people choose the general training exam is when they wish to apply for a course below the degree level or when they decide to immigrate to a country that only speaks English or to move for a job to another country or to enrol in our training opportunity in an English speaking country.
As the name suggests, the IELTS Academic test is known to test your language proficiency of the English language in terms of an academically driven environment. The main idea behind the questions asked on the test is to evaluate your current state of expertise in the academic language to see whether you’re prepared to begin your education or training program in another country.
Most people choose the academic test when they wish to take up higher education in the country abroad or to 8 that application for a student route visa for UK affiliated universities, or to professionally re-locate do an English speaking country.
Both these tests are unique in their own way, with each individually testing your knowledge in a different do you like scenario. Therefore, it is advised to get in touch with a counsellor to decide which of the two exams you should attempt in order to increase your chances of moving countries successfully.
Benefits of Online IELTS Course?
Once you finalize the decision between which test to take, the next important step is to find yourself a suitable IELTS course to help you train and learn better. Now, given the global pandemic, the availability of offline courses for practising is limited.
However, as online education is on the rise, there are multiple online IELTS courses available. Saudi top benefits of an online IELTS course are as mentioned below-
Convenient and Flexible
As opposed to traditional classrooms, an online IELTS course is far more convenient and flexible as it works around your time schedule. Moreover, you can take the classes from the comfort of your home, saving costs and time evidently. This also increases focus and attention towards the learning process.
For exams like IELTS, having a specific course with professional teachers is highly beneficial to improve your learning and score better. With an online IELTS course, you are not limited to any specific location and so you can pick a course from any part of the world, as per your needs to begin learning with increased interest and constant guidance.
Multiple Tips and Tricks
In a traditional classroom learning scenario, the teacher is distracted by multiple students. Also, having the option of getting personalized tips and tricks to improve your score in the exam is not possible. However, with an online IELTS course, you can ask the teacher to help you with specific tips and tricks to improve your performance on the examination greatly.
Online Video Accessibility
One lesser-known benefit of an online IELTS course is that you can increase your learning by utilizing the necessary resources and materials available online. Your IELTS tutor or teacher can recommend different learning materials as per your level. Additionally, you can explore the internet and watch online videos to improve your overall learning effectively.
Why Take Spoken English Classes?
After discussing in-depth the importance of English language proficiency, it is no surprise that the most in-demand English classes today are the spoken English classes. However, not many people still believe it to be a necessity as they trust their first language to be the maximum they need to succeed in life. For anyone who is looking for reasons to begin spoken English classes, here are some of the top ones.
- With spoken English language proficiency, you can benefit from higher pay and multiple job opportunities on a global level.
- As English is spoken by approximately 70% of the world population, having spoken English proficiency will help you achieve respect and acknowledgement.
- If you enjoy travelling, knowing how to speak the English language, which is common to most people, is an added advantage as it makes travel more fun and easy.
- For anyone who loves reading books of different genres and watching a variety of movies, not knowing how to speak English can be a disadvantage as the majority of the books and movies are made in the English language.
- As a working professional, in order to get an edge amongst your peers, knowing the art of spoken English can help you be an influential figure in your workplace, but also help you make new friends easily.
- Lastly, knowing how to speak in English is a necessary confidence boost as it makes you feel powerful and confident in yourself.
Where to Find an IELTS Tutor?
Once you make up your mind about attempting the IELTS examination, the next important thing to do is to find yourself the right IELTS classes and a professional IELTS tutor. Without a tutor, the necessary guidance and support required throughout the learning process might be difficult to obtain.
So, if you are looking for the most effective method to find yourself an IELTS tutor as per your needs and requirements, here is how you can do it.
The fastest and the most convenient method to find any information on the IELTS exam or to find an IELTS tutor is through online mediums. Given the popularity of online education, the number of online platforms that bring together aspiring IELT students and professional tutors and teachers for the same is far too many.
One such platform is Superprof. This digital platform is known to effectively bridge the gap between the students and the teachers by giving them a place to communicate and begin the learning process quickly.
All you need to do in order to find an IELTS tutor is sign up as a student in just a few quick steps and then start exploring the different teacher profiles available on the platform. Once you finalize a few, reach out to them directly and begin your classes as per mutual suitability.
Therefore, to conclude, both the IELTS tests i.e. academic and general training are equally important so choosing the one that fits your needs better is the right decision.
All you need to do is find the right IELTS training course and IELTS tutor to begin learning. So, join Superprof today to start your classes and build up to a successful future.
The platform that connects tutors and students