As the IELTS test is globally recognized and accepted by almost all universities, colleges, and government authorities on an international level, it is easy to say that the test is a bit difficult, especially if you are a non-native English speaker. So along with exploring better options, on an international level, it is easy to say that the test is a bit difficult, especially if you are a non-native English speaker.
So along with signing up for proper IELTS coaching, you should also remember these top tips to is your IELTS test prep successfully. As the test is divided into four different sections including reading, writing, listening, and speaking, it is important to spend ample time on each section preparation individually in order to recognize the potential weaknesses if any.
- For the IELTS listening section, during the exam, always ensure your headphones are working and pay close attention to the recording and take notes on the side of the question paper. Do not forget the important details necessary for answers.
- For the IELTS reading section, always analyze all possible additional supporting data other than the comprehension passages like graphs, images, and figures as you do get answers from them too. Especially if you are giving the academic training IELTS test, the reading section is tougher as compared to the other IELTS training tests.
- For the IELTS writing section, always divide your time as per the weightage of the task as both the tasks are not of the same mark value and so spending more time on task 2 is recommended by experts for a better band score.
- Lastly, for the IELTS speaking section, all you need to remember is to be confident while speaking and spend ample time before the test date to improve your speech and general vocabulary to impress the examiner. Pay close attention to the questions being asked and take a minute or 2 to analyze your answer before saying it out to the examiner.
Are IELTS Course Materials Helpful?
It was a major English language proficiency test on an international level. The IELTS exam can be a handful for test-takers, especially if they lack the discipline to stick to a study plan and spend a lot of time preparing for the IELTS test. Other than IELTS coaching classes, there are a variety of different IELTS course materials available to support your learning process and help you prepare better for the upcoming exam as a test taker.
However, test takers of the IELTS exam believe the IELTS course material to be just a common façade and has no added advantage to it. Here are the top reasons why IELTS course materials are helpful during the preparation period.
Lockdown Support at Home
One of the biggest reasons why IELTS course materials are helpful, especially right now, is because they have a whole pattern of their own for increasing learning in better understanding of the format of the test. It also comes with a variety of tips and tricks to ace a particular section on the exam effectively, without spending hours breaking your head over it. Moreover, it was a lifesaver for everyone who is stuck in lockdown and could not take coaching classes for preparation.
More Practice Tests
It can be a bit of a hassle to shortlist and download individual IELTS practice tests from different online resources in order to increase your speed and knowledge for the exam. The IELTS course materials are available both in the form of interactive audio-video lessons as well as proper guided books from the British Council and other top brands that also come with numerous practice papers in the end for better preparation.
Guided Learning for Self-study
Not everyone is willing to begin their IELTS learning through a coaching class only. The IELTS course materials are designed and available for everyone who wants to study at home at their own pace. All the course materials, especially the books, come with a guided learning schedule to help you pace your learning proceed as per your convenience.
Things to Remember when Choosing an IELTS Tutor
Just as important as it is to decide whether to apply and sit for the international English language test by the British Council, it is also important to choose the right IELTS tutor for coaching to ensure you learn from the best.
However, it is difficult to know how to choose an IELTS tutor to answer some of the things to remember while making the decision include the following-
- Always research in advance before quickly settling in for the first IELTS tutor you come across. In your research, include finding out about the number of years of experience the tutor has in teaching English as the IELTS exam is an English language proficiency test.
- Ask the previous students their band scores, the ones who trained under the chosen IELTS tutor. This is important as it indicates the performance level and teaching capabilities of the tutor.
- You can also enquire about the level of education the potential IELTS tutor has completed before you begin your classes with him/her as it highlights their expertise in the English language greatly.
- Lastly, analyze your level of comfort with the IELTS tutor, whether offline or online as it is important for you to be able to openly ask questions and request solutions to be able to give a good band score in the IELTS exam.
IELTS Academic: How to get Band Score 9
Given the importance of the IELTS Academic training exam, especially for education and career growth purposes, it is very important to score a minimum band score, as per the requirements of the international school, college, university, or government.
However, for IELTS Academic: How to get band score 9 is the most common question for test-takers. So, some tips to consider to get a band score of 9 to include the following.
- The first and the most important tip is to do as many practice tests as possible.
- The next step is for the listening section, for which you should spend time listening to different educational audios to align your mind and ears to work together during the exam day. This also comes in handy for the speaking section as a lot of times the questions are based on general knowledge of certain topics.
- One important tip from experts for the reading passage to score 9 is to not waste your time leading the entire passage line by line. Instead, ask him quickly through the comprehension passages and move on to the questions right away, without over-analyzing the questions as most times they are direct.
- Lastly, for the writing section, making a quick mind map before beginning the two tasks is highly recommended as it helps structure your answers more precisely, resulting in a better band score.
How to find English Classes Near Me
The importance of the correct English language is very high in today’s fast-paced world as the English language has become one of the top commonly used languages all around the world.
Given the increasing adoption of the English language for education, work, etc., it has become highly necessary to invest in English classes to improve your English language proficiency including English speaking, reading, and writing abilities. This is because it is mandatory in order to be able to successfully secure a good job or a good international university or college abroad.
So, if you’re wondering how to find English classes near me, find the best method below-
The demand for online classes has rapidly increased in the last few years, especially since the global pandemic has resulted in increased demand for platforms that can connect you to online classes from the convenience of your homes. This increased demand resulted in multiple new online platforms that easily connect you to your desired English classes from any part of the world with a few quick clicks.
One such platform is Superprof that has a plethora of different types of English classes available from all parts of the world. It also has a highly easy user interface that allows quick searches and easy to begin lessons.
All you need to do is sign up with Superprof to find and finalize an English class as per your needs and requirements. It is convenient and very less time-consuming, making it a win-win choice for all.
To conclude, there is no such thing as enough learning and knowledge, as far as the English language is concerned. There are so many different reasons to invest your energy and English classes and one popular reason is the IELTS exam. It is a learning of its own and it better prepares you for bigger opportunities for the future.
You do not necessarily have to spend money on IELTS coaching classes to begin your journey. You can start with the variety of IELTS course materials available for purchase physically, as well as free of cost online.
The platform that connects tutors and students