A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers. - H. L. Mencken
Other than knowing all about the format of the LSAT India exam to secure yourself a position in the top law schools in the country or around the world, it is important to know how to succeed with your LSAT application 2022 easily, to avoid any last-minute delays in the admission does due to the doubts or delay from the admission council.
Here are some quick steps that you need to keep in mind to succeed with your LSAT application in 2022 before you start preparing for your LSAT exam this year.
- You need to begin your LSAT application in 2022 by clicking on the application link provided for registration. The first thing to do is to download the application form from www.lsac.org
- Next, you need to start filling out the application form with all the necessary details including details like your name, email ID, address, pin code, and academic details.
- Once completed, move on to the personal information section and add in your contact details before you start to pick your course preferences. You need to remember that you have a limitation of only eight choices for the courses you would want to participate in.
- Once complete, you now need to fill in the list of different law schools and law colleges you want to take admitted. After that, you have to pick the top three exam centres in order of preference, keeping in mind the convenience and commute distance between the exam centre and your current location.
- As soon as you compile all the necessary information and added to the application form, you need to who want to upload all the necessary documents like your photograph, signature, and any other required documents within the given specifications to avoid any delays.
- Now, at the last stage, you need to crosscheck the information added by you on the application form and then make the payment for the application fee via online mode using net banking or credit/debit card, for final submission.
How Is LSAT India Different From LSAT Abroad?
LSAT is a law admission test examination that is popular all around the world. However, there are two types of LSAT examinations available, the first being the LSAT India exam and the second being the LSAT abroad exam. Let us discuss some of the differences between the two examinations to have better clarity regarding which LSAT exam you should take.
- LSAT abroad is a digital test conducted online which also consists of two separate unscored sections known as the writing sample section and the experimental section. However, LSAT India is an offline exam that does not consist of any of these additional unscored sections.
- With the help of the LSAT India examination, you open up admission possibilities in all the different law schools and law colleges available around the country, as most colleges accept this as a prerequisite. However, with the help of the LSAT abroad, you can apply to multiple law schools on a global level as it holds high weightage.
- The LSAT India exam takes approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes for the students to complete the examination. Whereas, LSAT abroad is scheduled for a minimum of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The LSAT India exam is scored based on percentiles whereas the LSAT is a broad exam that is coded using ranges for each section between 120 to 180 points.
- Lastly, the LSAT India exam scores have a validity of one year whereas the other hand LSAT abroad is valid for a minimum of five years.
One important thing to remember here is that if your focus is Indian law colleges and Law schools, applying for LSAT India does make more sense. However, if you wish to explore global law schools, you should give the LSAT abroad examination.
All Latest News About LSAT 2022
If you are applying for the LSAT 2022 May-June session, it is important to stay updated with the all latest news about LSAT 2022. Here is all we need to know about the upcoming examination.
- The Law School Admission Council LSAC decided to reschedule the upcoming May exam session for LSAT Exam India, which was earlier supposed to take place on 9th May 2022 to now be conducted in June, with exams starting on 22nd June 2022.
- Keeping the new dates in mind, the submission date of LSAT application 2022 for the May exam session has also been extended to now 8 June 2022.
- At present, all the LSAT exam papers were conducted through an online medium in a remote proctored mode, keeping in mind the COVID-19 guidelines.
- As far as the LSAT 2022 results for the May-June session are concerned, LSAC has decided to release the results tentatively in June and all candidates of LSAT India 2020 can download the results using their registration ID and the password provided.
- There are approximately 40 colleges of law that have participated in the list this time, opening more opportunities for candidates.
- As opposed to before when the LSAT exam took place offline, the LSAT 2022 examination is happening online, with each of the sections including analytical reasoning, reading comprehension and two separate sections for logical reasoning are which need to be finished in two hours and 20 minutes. Additionally, all candidates get 35 minutes to finish each of the sections.
- As it is an online mode, the test score will also be scaled between the band score of 420 to 480, and the exam has no negative marking.
How To Prepare For LSAT Exam 2022?
After understanding the exam format and the latest updates about the LSAT exam 2022, it is important to know how to prepare for the LSAT exam 2022 with full dedication to score the maximum marks and open up the chances of securing a position in the top law schools in the country. There are three different types of resources you can experiment with to prepare for the LSAT exam and they are as follows.
Choose LSATs Books Wisely
According to previous LSAT exam takers, some of the top books that can help with the preparation include the “Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for the CLAT and LLB Entrance Examinations” and “Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook” by A.P Bhardwaj. Other than these, “Thinking Like a Lawyer: A new tradition to Legal Reasoning” by Frederick Schauer and Superprep Book for LSAT India by Pearson VUE is also popular.
Other than the LS 18 books mentioned above and other e-books, investing in online classes that can help you improve your understanding of certain aspects of the LSAT better is a good decision. You do not have to struggle to find yourself, online preparation classes, for the LSAT exam 2022 as there are multiple online platforms available today that directly connect you do the available LSAT preparation classes online and one such platform is Superprof.
All we need to do is sign up on the platform in just a few quick steps to explore the numerous classes available and pick the one you wish to take from the convenience of your home.
Tips For LSAT Exam Prep
All students who are interested in taking the LSAT exam research well on the three important sections in depth to understand the format better. This helps them skim through the pattern with a better understanding during the exam. However, some students do not realize the importance of basing their LSAT exam preparation on these three sections individually. Here are some tips that can effectively help you prepare for each of the sections on the LSAT exam better.
- To begin, for reading comprehension, the best tips to prepare include participating in active reading by investing in books, different novels, and online blogs to increase your reading speed which is necessary for this section. In addition to that, it is important to work on your vocabulary by listening to podcasts, playing word games, watching videos, etc.
- For the logical reasoning section, it is very crucial to understand the presented questions thoroughly before jumping to a conclusive solution. So, you need to start paying more attention to detail and focus on improving your vocabulary simultaneously. In addition to that, you need to come up with tricks that can help you solve pattern and sequence-based questions with ease, especially if you break down the question well.
- Lastly, for the analytical reasoning section, as it is part of data analysis, being fast and efficient with mental calculations is a must. In addition to that, the best way to prepare for this section is to practice with as many mock tests as possible to encourage your brain to be critical with its thinking to come up with constructive answers.
Overall, to conclude, the LSAT India exam is an important prerequisite for most of the law schools and law colleges in the country. Therefore, if you want to succeed when the demand for a law career is increasing rapidly, you need to spend a good amount of time preparing for the exam and combining all available study resources to get the best results.
The platform that connects tutors and students