Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. -Theodore Roosevelt
If you believe you will get hired based on your qualifications and experience, think again. Your resume and experience might get you to the door but in order to get through that door, you will have to ace the interview at every cost. The recruiters interviewing the candidates are actually assessing them to find those skills and traits crucial for the vacancy. If you fail to show them the talent, you failed that good opportunity. So, how to succeed in a job interview in India and please your recruiter to hire you? The answer lies within you, in your set of skills, mindfulness and wisdom.
To state the fact, achievements demand hard work, determination, consistency and positive attitude. Without these qualities, you can never chase your dream. Success in a job interview cannot be achieved if you do not take care of your skill and personal development since these will bring the best results.
Understand Their Recruitment Skills
If you have received a job call, there is no doubt you have some capabilities to get short-listed. While the processor of an interview or interview questions may vary depending on various factors, the employer’s trait in the whole universe is almost the same. Understanding their recruitment skills will help you ace the interview more conveniently.
Long Term Investment
Believe it or not, long-term investment is always better than shorter ones. The rule applies for the recruiters as well. Since hiring involves a lot of investment by the company, the recruiter wants to hire those only who can stay for a longer period rather than leaving a one-month notice. This also helps the company to save time and maintain efficiency. So, in order to win the recruiter over this, you must assure reliability to them. Also, this is the reason why switching too many jobs is not a good idea for the employees.
It is the ability to learn things from experience and adapt those skills in a future situation. This is the reason why most of the recruiters show interest in your previous job profile. They will ask you questions like how you handle any difficult situation or what was the outcome of your actions.
Being Honest With The Resume
How honest you are with your resume is also a matter of concern so never lie with it. The recruiter is an expert catching your lies. Do not fill anything unnecessarily. Also, consider a half or little knowledge of your greatest enemy. It does not matter how long your resume is but how real it actually is.
Quality Over Quantity
One of the most important agenda of the recruiters is to go for quality over quantity. So, even if they are interviewing hundreds of job seekers, they will pick the finest among them. Make sure you also have those qualities they are looking for.
Now that you know what the interviewer is looking for in the job seekers, you must prepare according to that. Be it a campus interview or walk-in, you will have to give your best in order to shine among the crowd.
Top Indian Recruiter And Recruitment Platforms
India is a developing country having the third-largest population in the world. The demand for jobs is always high in the nation. This creates opportunities for the Multinational Companies to invest in India. With a huge demand for jobs, finding efficient employees is very convenient.
Finding the right job for a candidate can still be difficult and confusing at times for which many recruiters and recruitment platforms came into being. These recruitment companies send messages to various job openings in a particular city. In addition to that, you can also create your online resumes and upload them using a job portal website to be visible in the eyes of the Indian recruiter. The platforms worth considering are-
Founded in the year 1997, it has gained its name and fame for both recruiters and job seekers. The platform has both a website and a mobile application for easy access of the users. While the recruiters can post various recruiters, the candidates can respond to those opportunities based on their criteria. Naukri.com is one of the largest used sites by various job sectors. Moreover, Naukri.com has also provided a more accurate portal for the freshers via First Naukri.
A subsidiary of the Times Group, the TimesJobs has gained popularity in recent years by providing accurate job opportunities to the candidates. It offers to let users upload resumes along with portfolios and past works.
It is another emerging name in the Indian job portal list. Owned by the Hindustan Times group, it has become one of the serious competitors to the already flourished job portals in India. Many MNCs post their requirements on Shine to access the pool of talents in India.
In addition to the above India recruitment sites, there are many internationally serving portals as well like Monster, Indeed and Glassdoor. LinkedIn has also entered the competition by creating direct contact between job seekers and companies.
What Are The Best Tips To Prepare For Interview?
Preparing for the interview can be both easy and difficult, depending on how you are dealing with it. While some of the candidates handle the situation with ease, others fail due to lack of preparation. So, are you looking for a few important tips to prepare for interview? Read below-
Know The Industry
Besides matching your criteria with theirs, it is important to go through the details of the company you have applied for. The recruiters are keen to know why you want to work with them in order to ensure you are a stable trade. So, make sure you have all the details about their organisation.
Prepare For Most Common Questions
Irrespective of the type of organisation, some questions are likely to come up in every job interview. Make sure you have the answer prepared and mugged up.
Read Your Resume
Most of the questions come from your academic choices and field of interests. So, make sure you are not lying on the resume to avoid unnecessary hassles. State the facts and prepare a sensible reason behind your career choices.
Know Your Greatest Strength And Weaknesses
You will be asked about your strengths and weaknesses. Make sure you answer something that will benefit you to grab the vacancy rather than being too negative about yourself.
Areas Of Personal Development
Believe it or not but being aware of your weaknesses is the most crucial part of your emotional intelligence. With the absence of good understanding, you may never be able to work upon them and improve yourself. So, ask yourself what are those areas of personal development you need to work upon? The things that need attention can be both skill-based and behavioural.
- Communication: The way you communicate with people defines the fluency of your mind. Trembling and stammering answers may get you negative feedback. This is the reason why you should practice and keep on practising your interview questions and answers.
- Confidence: As long the list goes, confidence always remains on top. Without it, you can never be able to cope with any amount of difficulties in life.
- Creative thinking: Employers and recruiters value creative thinking in the workplace. Since innovations are the backbone for any industry, it is through creative minds they achieve it.
- Intelligence: Your answers in an interview is the actual mirror to your intelligence. So, think before you speak.
- Adaptability: Survival of the fittest is the most suited example here. How you adapt to the surrounding is how you survive. Do not let changes get the better of you if you want to continue in the race.
- Leadership skill: As mentioned earlier, employers are looking for a long term investment and so, hiring someone with leadership qualities becomes obvious.
- Honesty and integrity: Even the highest degrees and most proficient marks would not be able to compensate for the lack of honesty and integrity. There is no denying that trust is the core of a professional relationship. The composition of questions of the recruiters is designed to know how much the candidate values integrity. So, never ignore these basic principles.
Other than the above skills, you will also need to address technical know-how and time management.
Behavioural and body language
- Attitude: Attitude defines who you really are. So, it really does not matter to the interviewers from where you belong or what your preferences are as long you maintain a positive attitude.
- Dressing: Know the rules of dressing for an interview and you will never fail to impress the recruiter with your presence.
- Body language: Body language is another crucial thing for an interview. While you talk, pay attention to your hands and legs. Do not make unnecessary movements or tap your feet out of nervousness.
If you think your selection is obvious since your degrees and experience match the vacant job profile, keep thinking! Interviewers already have those details about you. The reason for an interview call is to examine what’s not there on your resume. So, be prepared!