Teaching Japanese lessons online can be a great opportunity for anyone who has any level of understanding of this language. You do not necessarily need a degree or a high score in the JLPT examination to teach Japanese lessons.
Anyone who is interested in the subject and has prior knowledge about the same can easily teach basic entry-level language to the students. In order to teach Japanese lessons online, here are a few tips that can help you do it more effectively.
- Think and understand what your actual goals are and who your target audience is in order to align the two together to achieve beneficiary results.
- Have basic knowledge about the language like vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing as well as additional expertise or information about the different level of language courses you want to teach.
- Create a blueprint of the course with the help of materials and resources that can help the students learn better. You can do this by keeping mock test papers, exam papers, audio and video lessons, additional links, etc. prepared in advance to share with the potential students.
- Evaluate and choose the most efficient and fast online platform to carry out your Japanese language course as the key benefits of online classes are high convenience and high support. You can easily opt for a one-on-one class setting or group studies.
- Create an online presence for promotional purposes and start advertising your Japanese lessons on different social media platforms and applications to help attract maximum students. It cost very low or no money to promote so put in extra efforts and make it count.
- Leave out a feedback form/ review column for students to comment on. This feedback helps you in making the required changes in your teaching pattern as well as enrolling in additional courses that might be beneficial for you in the future.
The above-mentioned tips focus on helping a fresher or an average Japanese language expert to explore the online teaching opportunities and make some extra money while practising their existing knowledge. However, if you wish to become a professional Japanese teacher, you will be required to have a bachelor’s degree with a specialisation in Japanese as a basic eligibility criterion along with a good score on the JLPT examination, which is a language proficiency test common worldwide. There are plenty of undergraduate courses available for aspiring Japanese teachers in India.
Benefits if You Learn the Japanese Language
Learning the Japanese language is a completely different skill altogether. The language in itself is very unique and different as compared to commonly used languages in India today like English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, etc. Even the basic alphabetical systems are different for the Japanese language and there are 3 types within these systems which are Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana.
At present, because of COVID-19, the majority of the people are restricted in their houses and are desperately looking for different means to keep themselves occupied and mentally stable. There are other opportunities and learning outcomes available for you when you learn Japanese and they are as follows.
- Impressive job opportunities in India and around the world.
- Potential for high annual incomes.
- Increased demand for Japanese language experts in India, especially translators and interpreters.
- Easier to work, study or travel around Japan.
- Gives a competitive edge as compared to other job applicants for similar job roles.
- Poses as an opportunity to explore and learn about the Japanese culture and increase knowledge for self-growth.
Why Should You Learn Japanese Online?
The entire world today faces a challenging situation today because of the intensity at which this new virus is affecting the country. The majority of the operational sectors within the country have been asked to work from home and restrict their movement around their city/state. Amidst all this, trying to seek a Japanese language course through a university or college class is a tricky and unsafe choice.
Moreover, most of the colleges countrywide have been shut down currently and are conducting online classes. So, clearly, the trend of online classes is more popular today and is readily available as opposed to long application processes. But this is not the only reason why you should learn Japanese online, and the other additional benefits you see when you start learning Japanese online include the following.
Convenient and Quick
It is very convenient to take an online class as you need bare minimum assets like a computer/laptop, a notebook and pen, and a comfortable spot to sit in.
Availability of a Wide Range of Courses
Choosing online classes over classrooms also allows you to choose from a wide range of Japanese language courses, instead of choosing from a limited list.
Better Attention and Focus Guaranteed
You also benefit from increased attention and dedication, which in turn improves the overall learning process which helps retain Japanese knowledge for longer.
Individual Focus and Growth
As the online classes are carried out in smaller groups or in individual settings, you receive more attention as well as support from the online teachers in this virtual learning environment. This increases your dedication to the Japanese language course further.
Improved Time Management Skills
Lastly, because the online classes can be scheduled as per your requirements as well as the availability of the online teachers, you become better at time management which is an important life skill for success.
Types of Japanese Classes Near Me
It is no surprise that the Japanese culture is well involved within the Indian culture and households, intentionally or unintentionally. From the famous series called Manga that is popular amongst young adults to the Bonsai plants your mother adores, they all have been introduced to us to the Japanese culture.
Just like the culture, there are multiple types of Japanese classes near me that can be beneficial to improve and increase your understanding of the language greatly. Some of them are as follows.
Fast Track Courses
- Kanji vocabulary course
- Course on using hiragana katakana
- Course to learn basic Japanese pronunciations in 2 weeks
- Duolingo courses
Beginner Level Course
- Japanese language culture class
- Japanese language: Reading and Writing class
Intermediate Level Course
- In-depth classes for higher level pronunciations
- Intermediate level-Reading and Writing
You can choose from any of the above language courses that are specific in nature and ensure an introductory level understanding of the Japanese language thoroughly. You can also choose different online Japanese classes in case you do not wish to explore courses that are time-bound.
Mumbai has a lot of universities and colleges that offer Japanese language courses and classes easily so research well before you choose one.
Wondering How To Find Japanese Language Courses In Mumbai?
Are you someone who is interested in the Japanese language? Are you confused about how to find Japanese language courses in Mumbai? There are multiple options to choose from and each has its own pros and cons so find your options below and make the right choice.
Join a language course in a university college centre
Mumbai has a list of language expertise colleges and centres that focus on teaching the different international languages to interested students. The Japanese language is a common language course in most of the universities and centres and some of them are, the Professional Foreign Language Centre in Borivali East, the University of Mumbai in SantaCruz East, the Vidya Prasarak Mandal in Thane West, the KJ Somaiya Institute of Dharma Studies in Vidya Vihar, etc.
Other than these, there are various other coaching centres that specialise in language classes and Japanese language courses in Mumbai so depending on your time availability and choice, of course, you can choose the right Japanese course in Mumbai easily.
You can do it with the help of Superprof which is an online platform that acts as a bridge between students who want to learn the Japanese language and teachers who want to teach Japanese classes and allows them to communicate. All you need to do is sign up with super prof and start narrowing down the Japanese teacher profiles on the basis of your requirement. Once you finalise a teacher/tutor, you just need to wait for the final confirmation and begin your classes according to your time schedule.
The best part about Superprof India is that you can find and interact with teachers not only in Mumbai but also from all over India and around the world.
Overall, the increase in the demand for Japanese language courses in India and the sudden popularisation of online classes together has been a successful combination. The number of language centres, online applications, digital platforms, etc. that have entered the market to connect Japanese language teachers with keen Japanese language learners are far too many to count. So, start exploring and find the most appropriate Japanese language course according to your interest level and enrol in online classes today.
The platform that connects tutors and students