The Japanese language is known to be one of the toughest language skills to acquire as it requires immense focus and dedication along with high patience to master the skill. However, taking up a challenge only shows your courage and your high spirits. So, what better time to start Japanese lessons than right now when everyone has to stay home?
Enrolling in a Japanese language course not only contributes to your professional growth but also plays a big part in your personal growth as you choose to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself with something completely different. It can be a little overwhelming in the beginning but here are a few tips that can help you plan out your Japanese lessons better and are the subject, one step at a time. Just always remember to start from the core and build your way up slowly.
- Give yourself enough time to get a good grasp of the language by making a schedule suitable according to your timings. This will help you beyond track at all times.
- Begin your Japanese language course by learning about the alphabets and the writing systems of Japanese that are katana, kanji and hiragana.
- Start practising Japanese grammar which is fairly simple as it only has a present and future tense.
- Research and pick up some common phrases from the Japanese language that are used on a daily basis like greetings to help you get familiar with speaking the language.
To polish your basic knowledge about the Japanese language further, you can opt for different beginners courses available with multiple language applications that are operational worldwide. Learn the basic vocabulary and pronunciation of the language. This can easily be done by increasing your interest in anime and spending some time reading manga, a unique mix of stories and graphics to keep the readers engaged throughout.
Also, try and find native Japanese speakers online or other passionate language learners from around the world and begin interacting with them in Japanese to get a better hold on the overall learning process.
Learn Japanese: Cultural Facts
The Japanese culture is as unique as its language as it is an amalgamation of old traditions and new rituals, which you should know about before you learn Japanese.
Japan, as a country, has deeply rooted traditions and customs as well as a high acceptance of a non-traditional lifestyle that keeps evolving with time. It is a mix of both traditional and modern, which can be seen in every aspect of their culture starting from food, clothes, basic etiquettes, mannerisms, and education. The art culture in Japan is one of the most delicate and appreciated forms of art available around the world.
- The table manners of using chopsticks are considered an essential aspect of polite dining in Japan and using any other method of consuming food is considered offensive in the culture.
- The Japanese culture believes in showing their moods and emotions through bowing movements. This is not limited to just a form of greeting as it is also used to extend gratitude, put across an apology or even to wish the heartiest congratulations.
- The concept of having two sets of home slippers also originated from Japan as according to the culture, you cannot wear the same pair of slippers in your bathroom that you wear around your house.
- The Japanese culture has proven itself to be one of the most literate ones with an approximate hundred percent literacy rate in Japan. It has a rich educational system that is compulsory for all children, small or big.
- If you are in Japan, you cannot eat food or consume a cigarette while walking as it is prohibited in the culture. You can only eat or drink in the designated spots marked on the streets.
- Lastly, the Japanese culture is well-equipped with verbal as well as non-verbal communication systems. In Japan, people believe facial expressions, body language and tone of voice of the people during conversations is the purest form of communication.
Learn Japanese with Japanese Language Apps
The entire world is now becoming more and more dependent on their smartphones so why not use them to our advantage and actually learn something beneficial out of their use. One thing that you can do with the help of your smartphone is try on different Japanese language apps in order to learn the language quicker and more effectively. Some of the easily available and most user-friendly Japanese language apps are as follows-
- LingoDeer App for audio lessons.
- Anki App that allows you to create your own flashcards for vocabulary practise.
- Duolingo App to help with quick lessons and easy exercises for practice.
- Japanesepod101 App is designed to help you with audio lessons in the form of podcasts.
- Kanji Study App is designed especially for beginners to familiarise themselves with the language.
There are multiple other applications that are available to learn the Japanese language with some fun features and helpful resources of their own. It is not very common to take up a Japanese language course in India that quickly as language courses are considered to be supporting career opportunities to the big plan.
With the help of these language apps, you can easily devote a little time from your day every day to learn Japanese or any other language of your choice and open up a whole new pool of job opportunities professionally.
Why Should You Learn Japanese Online?
The entire world has recently been encouraging online education more than traditional classes. One of the main reasons behind the switch is of course the ongoing COVID-19 situation that has resulted in the sudden shut down of schools, colleges and universities, especially in India.
However, there are many other benefits of this switch that proves it to be one of the best ways to learn. Some of the key advantages to you when you learn Japanese online are as follows-
- Highly convenient
- Easy accessibility
- Better flexibility
- Virtual learning environment
- Wide range of courses
- Improved focus and dedication
- Individual attention
- Better knowledge grasping ability
- Less time consuming
- Less expensive
- Improved time management
- One-on-one speaking reading writing lessons
- Easier communication with professor/teacher adding healthy student-teacher relationships
- Development of better self-discipline
When you opt for online education, you have the opportunity to plan and dedicate your time according to your availability and convenience. You can choose online sessions daily, online sessions week to week basis, or online sessions spread out over a month all according to your preference.
How to Find Japanese Language Courses in Bangalore?
Now you have an ample amount of knowledge about the Japanese language, the Japanese culture, and different ways of improvising your medium of learning Japanese. But the next big question is how to find Japanese language courses in Bangalore?
Institutes and Centres
Bangalore is one of the few cities in India that promote language learning and cultural awareness of different countries greatly. This is the reason why Bangalore has a list of different institutions and centres that offer Japanese language courses easily. Even Bengaluru Central University has different types of Japanese language courses to choose from, according to the level you opt for.
- The Centre for global studies at Bengaluru Central University offers seven different Japanese language courses including a two-year full-time MA course in Japanese.
- The Sakura Nihongo resource Centre has one specialised Japanese language course which is further divided into four levels for better understanding.
- The Sayuri Japanese language school offers six different Japanese language courses, each for different time duration ranging from two months up to 12 months respectively.
- The Japanese language school focuses on providing language courses that pay extra attention to improving the reading, writing, grammar, verbal, and listening skills of the students.
- The Spiceup Academy offers two different Japanese language courses for level and five and level and four, both for three months each and for INR 15,000 only.
Another quick and easy method to find out different Japanese language courses in Bangalore is going online. There are different online platforms available to you because of the ease of the Internet that can easily help you with your search. One such online service platform is Superprof that acts as a bridge between the students who want to learn the Japanese language and the teachers who want to impart their language knowledge.
The accessibility and user-friendly nature of the Superprof website make it all the easier for the students to go online and search for language courses on the basis of the teachers who are teaching them. All you have to do is sign up and look for the right course that appeals to you and also find the right teacher to teach you online or offline.
To conclude, the decision to learn a new language is brave and finding the right resources to aid your learning process makes it all the more exciting. All you need is a smartphone or a laptop today to learn Japanese, so start today.
The platform that connects tutors and students