According to the history of the Japanese language, there was no indication of the use of the writing system of the language called kanji, up until the eighth century.
The Japanese language is known to be very simple for the locals but a little complicated for anyone else trying to learn the language. The language is broken down into three main writing systems known as kanji, hiragana, and katakana. All three play a vital role in the entire language and also help build an understanding of the entire Japanese language at any given level of learning. There are some interesting fun facts, which you must know before you start the Japanese Language Course.
- It is the only official language of Japan. Other than Japanese people, approximately 1% of Californians and approximate 15% of the Hawaiian residents speak this language.
- As opposed to other East Asian languages, Japanese is not all tonal in nature, even though it does have a certain type of rhythm to its words in sentences. The tone does not play a big part in its learning.
- The first evidence of the Japanese city in language was called Kanbun and Man’yogana, both from the 8th century.
- The Japanese language holds the ninth position in the global language index as it is in demand worldwide today.
- The Japanese language has a speed of eight syllables per second, which is higher than Spanish, Italian, and French languages. Yet, the amount of information shared per second is the lowest amongst the top languages of the world.
- The main reason behind developing the katakana writing system was to allow foreign languages to merge with the Japanese language to come up with a more acceptable form of the language for the country-specific population.
- There is no direct genetic relationship between the Chinese language and the Japanese language as both are unique in their own way, even though the kanji writing system is adopted from various Chinese characters.
Different Topics of Japanese Classes and Bonus Tips
Just like any other language course or new subject, the Japanese language also requires specific Japanese classes as well as a lot of practice and self-study in order to learn faster and better, especially for beginners. It might be a little overwhelming in the beginning to understand and incorporate your own style of learning within the learning format of Japanese classes.
However, the main idea is to stick to the schedule and practice for whatever little time you get to yourself to ace this language. Now, focusing on the different topics taught in a Japanese class, available for different levels of understanding and learning include the following-
- Topic 1: Familiarising with the language and culture
- Topic 2: Developing a core vocabulary
- Topic 3: Focusing on grasping pronunciations
- Topic 4: Learning about Japanese grammar
- Topic 5: Reading and Writing etiquettes
- Topic 6: Sentence and paragraph writing
- Topic 7: Japanese language tone and speaking skills
The above-mentioned topics are part of the basic format that is followed by almost every Japanese class today, regardless of the level of difficulty you choose amongst beginner, intermediate and advanced level. You are supposed to start with understanding the language and culture, then slowly move towards understanding the basics like vocabulary and grammar and then finally onto reading, writing and speaking mannerisms of the Japanese language.
Some interesting tips to perform better at these Japanese classes involve some self-study and a little screen time.
Common activities to involve yourself with includes reading Japanese books or series like manga which is very popular in the Japanese culture and is also known around the globe.
You can also use flashcards to help you memorise the basic terminology and phrases in the Japanese language. Lastly, joining a group or going online and meeting and speaking to people who are native Japanese speakers can greatly influence your learning of the language.
Is Taking a Japanese Class Online a Good Decision?
At present, the entire world is greatly affected by the COVID-19 virus crisis, especially India who is witnessing a strong second wave of the virus. In such times, trying to find an activity to keep your mind and body motivated and at peace is highly necessary. This is why choosing to learn a new language like Japanese is a good opportunity to expose yourself to the various opportunities available around the world for Japanese language experts, while maintaining mental health and well-being.
However, the main question is where do we take the Japanese classes? Now, even though we are used to studying in a 4-walled classroom, the current trend is online classes. Now, you must be wondering whether a Japanese class online would be as impactful and knowledgeable as the physical classes of the same. So, let us evaluate whether the Japanese class online is a good option to choose and its benefits by understanding the following advantages of an online class-
- An online class enables you to schedule your own timetable to learn the subject or in this case the language. This allows you to manage your time better and plan other hobbies or activities successfully.
- The Japanese language is very rich and unique and so can get overwhelming at times. However, with online classes, you can easily find additional resources to eat your current learning processes while also benefiting from individual attention from your professor/teacher/tutor.
- One of the biggest benefits of an online class is that it can be taken from any part of the world or any corner of the house, all as per your convenience and suitability.
- An online class also increases a sense of self-discipline within the class takers as the entire responsibility of the learning process is on you.
- Lastly, an online class is definitely more economical as compared to physical classrooms as it does not incur additional costs of travel, food, books and supplies, uniform, etc.
Given the multiple benefits of online classes, a Japanese class online seems like a very promising opportunity to make the best of your time at home during this pandemic.
Can You Learn Japanese on Your Smartphones?
The entire world is spoilt with choice when it comes to the different types of smartphones available in the market today. However, using this smartphone to enhance your cultural awareness and language skills is an interesting idea and has multiple advantages.
Human beings are so well-equipped with technical knowledge that using a smartphone has become an easy task even for toddlers of the 21st century. But can you actually learn Japanese on your smartphone?
Let us discuss the options available. In order for you to learn Japanese on your mobile, you will require a language website, a Japanese learning application, an online tutor, etc, that can guide you through the subject.
Option 1: Japanese Language Applications
Believe it or not, there are multiple learning applications that allow you to sit at home and learn your desired language through interactive sessions and activities. These applications are specifically designed to be extremely user-friendly and some of them even work best with smartphones. Some of the applications that provide efficient Japanese language classes/courses include:
- Kings learning
- Kanji Study
Option 2: Online platforms
There are various online platforms that allow you to find the right language courses and the right teachers/tutors according to your preferences. One such online platform is Superprof. It is basically a cab that connects students and teachers.
Once you decide on the Japanese language course you are willing to take and the teacher you want to take it with, you can discuss and mutually decide to conduct the classes on mobile-friendly applications like Zoom or GoogleTeams so that you can use your smartphone and learn better and faster.
How to find Japanese Language Courses Across Hyderabad?
For beginners, knowing which Japanese language course to choose is already such an uphill task which is closely followed by the dreadful question of how to find Japanese language courses across Hyderabad?
Well, it can be done in different ways as no one tried and tested format is available to follow. You can choose to either select the Japanese language courses across Hyderabad on the basis of aspects like locality, number of students enrolled, class and study format and pattern, availability of additional resources for help, distance from your house, the experience of the teacher, etc.
Some other ways to find out the different language courses that are available in Hyderabad, you can easily research online as the internet connectivity and accuracy is really high and it enables you to go into in-depth search before finalising a language course in your city.
You can also choose an online platform that connects you to teachers from all around the world and lets you take your choice of Japanese language course at the comfort of your home in Hyderabad. If not online, you can also choose to reach out to your network connections or your family and friends to help you find different language institutes and coaching centres that offer Japanese language courses at a reasonable price.
To conclude, the options are unlimited once you decide you want to take a Japanese language course. So, start researching and know which course level of the language meets your requirements and start your classes today.
The platform that connects tutors and students