The last decade has seen enormous growth in the digital world. Digitalization has taken over every field. The most prestigious area, education is also not left untouched. The digitalization of education has given birth to a completely new concept of online tutoring, which has become a trend now.
Online tutoring jobs: Helping students to learn better
Online teaching is becoming one of the fastest-growing trends in India. Many students and teachers are have started using technological developments as a part of their teaching methodology. This makes teaching not only interesting but also extremely beneficial for students learning from them. Learning from private teachers online not only helps the student learn new topics, it also helps the student in understanding them in a better way.
Find the correct online tutor is no longer a difficult job anymore, with many websites offering platforms for teachers to upload their profiles on their sites. This provides students a wide variety of options to choose from, for example Superprof has more than 10 million teachers on their platform, across 28 countries. Not only the student can find a teacher from India and near his residence, but he can also learn from a teacher in the United states or Canada, this makes education globally accessible.
Earlier, where parents used to prefer private teaching for their ward to ensure better education, now they provide their kid with a smartphone, and the kid finds a tutor for himself on a click.
A decade before, when digitalization was new, private teaching was at its peak. To ensure better grades, strong concepts, learning new subjects, or preparation for professional courses, students used to look for a private teacher for tutoring them with the subject. The private teacher used to meet the student every day or for a few days in a week, and they used to do it for an hour or two and discussed new concepts and doubts. Sometimes, the tutor used to take tests as well to check the progress. But all these things are the story of a decade ago.
The new decade wholly relies on the digital world. An online tutor performs all the functions of private teachers with some additional benefits for the students.
Students prefer online tutoring over traditional private teaching to ensure that they educate themselves in the best and most updated form.
This article will draw a comparative analysis of modern-day online tutoring and traditional private teaching. It will also put light on the ways to get tutored online.
What Is Online Tutoring?
Online tutoring is a digital way of learning where the teacher and the student need not meet physically. Education is done using a digital platform. The online tutor uses real-time chats, video conferences, and digital blackboards to teach the students. They more often digitally translate traditional educational information, which is easy to access and retain.
Some of the time, online tutoring needs not a teacher to be there in a physical form. There are various forms of online tutoring that are available 24*7 for the students to clear their doubts and help them with their doubts.
Online Tutoring: Free Resources To Students
Where private teachers charge a lot to teach you, online tutoring offers free resources to the students, which can be accessed by anyone and anytime. These resources are as useful as the manual handwritten notes by tutors. The expert prepares them.
Some of the branches of Online tutoring are-
Don't Forget YouTube
Most Indians have got access to Youtube since the last decade. The reason why youtube is emerging as a powerful digital media platform, it offers both entertainment and Information.
You can use Youtube on your smartphone or computer to access several channels that provide free content on various subjects. The best thing about Youtube is that you can access it any time you wish and can save it for later as well.
As a tutor, you can earn the right amount of money as well. You need to create your channel, and you are ready to share your knowledge with the world. If people will like your content, you will get a good number of subscribers and will eventually end up making a good amount of money.
For example, suppose you want to prepare for UPSC, or you want to learn French, or you have some doubts about Calculus. You just need to type your question, and hundreds of videos will be in front of you. You can access any which helps you the most.
Websites are the new medium of promoting online courses or tutoring in India. They have nurtured a culture of becoming a tutor while sitting at your home. There are many websites available on the internet, ready to help you with their tutoring services. You can get online classes from an expert tutor on your smartphone without physically meeting him. You can look for the study materials and test series they provide to help students.
If you are looking for an online teaching job, you can apply to these websites as they give good money. The best thing is that you can be a part-time tutor on these websites, and at other times you can work.
To assist you with studies, these websites offer a range of tasks and question banks on a variety of subjects.
Smartphones have made our lives more comfortable as they provide every single bit of information on a click. The click has become easier with the development of several applications. The applications also have paid a lot of contribution in boosting online education. These tools are designed by experts and are well equipped with a wide range of exercises, chapters, and questions. A private teacher can help you with some additional items, but these applications have thousands of other questions to make your base strong.
Examples of such applications in India are Gradeup, Toppr, Adda247, etc.
How Much Does An Online Tutor Make?
The digital words offer a good pay amount to online tutors. The payment and amount of money also depend on the specialization of your work.
- If you are a standard tutor, with a degree and you give classes on websites, you are paid on the rate of per hour, and you can make up to INR 300 per hour to INR 1000 depending on the subject.
- If you are an expert writer and develop chapters for online tutoring websites and applications, you are paid higher. In India, you can make up to INR 30,000 per month.
- If you are an exercise developer, that means you develop a set of questions with their answers and explanations for the online tutoring websites and applications; you end up making a handsome amount of money. In India, being online tutor expertise in exercise development, you can earn up to INR 60,000 per month.
- If you are assisting students with their writing assignments, in language subjects or essay writing, you are paid according to the contract. In India, you can make up to INR 1000 to INR 10,000 per contract.
Do you know you can find good digital tutors on Superprof?
Is Online Tutoring Helpful?
"Change is the law of the Universe" With the drastic development in technology, online tutoring came into the forefront. It has its advantages over private teaching as it is more feasible, easy, and affordable. Online tutoring is considered as the best aid to help students improve their grade as it is attractive. Whereas students find private teaching monotonous, and hence they feel it as a pressure. Online tutoring enables you to love the process of learning.
How To Become An Online Teacher?
To become an online teacher in India, you can choose from the ways mentioned below-
- To be an online tutor, you need to get a degree either in bachelor's or masters. If you want a good pay scale, then try to enter the online teaching field after masters.
- Online tutoring websites offer you more if you have good experience in the teaching field. You can get experience in teaching by giving private tuitions and then join the online teaching world for better income. You can check the Superprof website as it provides an opportunity of becoming a tutor. You need to update your data and then you can get students online in your desired location.
- You can enrol yourself in tutoring programs offered by the websites and start your career as an online tutor.
- If you are good at communicating and are camera-friendly, the best way to be an online teacher is to start your channel on youtube. You can create content on your domain subject and share your knowledge with the world. You can get good subscribers and earn more. Youtube channel is the best way to be a part-time online teacher.
- If you are good at designing questions and chapters, you can apply for the role in online tutoring jobs at companies or applications they have high requirements in. You can get a good package from this.
- You can join any online tutoring company and choose your subjects and area of interest to be an online teacher.
In India, every parent wishes that their child gets good grades and hence they try every way possible. Online tutoring is worth all those tries. It makes a kid more innovative and smart. The days are gone when the study was only restricted to books, in present, knowledge is everywhere, let your child grab it from wherever he wants. Even if your child is getting good grades, you can still provide online tutoring to him as it will enhance his knowledge.
Online tutoring is also opening doors to many who wish to become a tutor and acts as an excellent medium for several private tutoring job centres. With the help of it, students can easily find a matching tutor, graduate level tutor and tutors for all subjects.
Moreover, one can also start home tutoring business or online tutoring services. Providing academic support to students with the help of an online tutoring centre can be excellent for earning. Besides, it can also be one of the most convenient choices for a career.