French is a popular language. The numbers testify to this fact. An estimated 300 million people on the five continents speak French. The language is also recognized as the official language of 29 countries, second only to English. It’s also one of the world’s fastest-growing languages.
Online French Classes Offer Direct Access to French Culture
France, known as the “cultural capital of Europe,” attracts thousands of tourists, college and university students, artists, aspiring chefs, and people from all walks of life. It's a cultural melting pot, along with being a political and economic force to reckon with.
Knowledge of the French language, therefore, is key when it comes to making a career choice. Learning the language will give you a deeper, more layered understanding of not just the French culture, history, and politics.
Learning French Helps in Higher Education
France is home to some of the world’s best higher education institutes, offering some of the most appreciated undergraduate and research courses, along with business and management studies. So, while you are still in school and deciding on your choice for second or third language in Class 8, go for French if your school has a French curriculum. It's best to start laying the foundation for French studies in the school itself.
Rising Demand for French Speakers in the International Job Market
French is an obvious choice when it comes to careers in diplomacy or international relations. Therefore, taking up French in school will provide you with the ability to speak French - a major selling point in both France and other French-speaking nations, as well as with French corporations.
French is the Language of Love
French is the language of love and it is more than just a mere saying that gets thrown around. According to Google, French is the language in which people are most likely to use romantic expressions. Data suggests that out of 1,000 phrases in France, 34 were of a romantic nature, as compared to just 17 romantic expressions out of 1,000 translated to English.
Learning French can not only benefit your professional life but also your personal life.
Find Online French Classes from the Comfort of Your Home
If you cannot travel at the moment, you can still learn French in virtual international classes with dedicated and experienced teachers. Our highly accredited French language school makes learning French online very easy! All you need is a wifi connection, a computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can continue to improve your French and socialize with students from all over the world while staying safe at home! We offer private and group courses (general French), DELF DALF exam preparation courses online in very small groups (3-4 max 6) allowing them to develop written and oral communication skills.
Now, let's take a look at some of the best online platforms for finding French classes near me.
Institut Linguistique Adenet (ILA)
ILA French language school offers online French classes online with the most advanced teaching methods by a dedicated and qualified team of French teachers. All you need is to download and install the Zoom app in order to attend the online classes.
The ILA classes offer a feel of the real classroom setting, giving students the opportunity to interact with their peers during the class, share authentic documents and videos, and so on. At the end of each course, the student is tested with a French level test online that helps to grade their progress in their designated French level, as defined by the CEFR.
There are 5 French levels on offer for an optimum French learning process. The Common European Framework issued by the European Commission for language learning is followed for all levels.
- A1 (Basic User) to C1(Proficient user) for group classes
- All levels for private French course and DELF/DALF exam preparation course
General French Online Courses
- Standard French course (20 lessons per week)
- Standard «PLUS» French course (20 + 5 lessons per week)
- Intensive French course (30 lessons per week)
- Intensive «PLUS» French course (30+5 lessons per week)
- Private French courses: from 5 lessons per week to 20 lessons per week
- Long-term Standard French course (20 lessons per week)
- Long-term Intensive French course (30 lessons per week)
- CSN Standard French course (20 lessons per week)
- CSN Intensive French course (30 lessons per week)
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
DELF/DALF Preparation Online Courses
- Standard + DELF/DALF preparation course B1/B2/C1 (30 lessons per week)
- French University preparation course (30 lessons per week)
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
Summer Online Courses
- Summer Standard French course (20 lessons per week)
- Summer Standard French course «PLUS» (20 + 5 lessons per week)
- Summer Intensive French course (30 lessons per week)
- Summer Intensive French course (30+5 lessons per week)
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
Special Online Courses
- Standard + Business French course (30 lessons per week)
- Standard + Teacher training (20 + 8 lessons per week)
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
French Faster provides private online classes with a native French tutor for CBSE French for Class 6, 7, 8, 9 , and 10, via Skype.
The Lessons follow a unique Accelerated Learning method, based on 3 main principles:
- Constructivism builds on what students already know, such as their knowledge of English.
- Participative Learning encourages the active participation of students in the learning process, while the teachers try to adapt to the learning styles of students.
- Memorization Techniques such as mnemonics, sound association, etc.
Online Classes via Webcam
- The classes are conducted live, on Skupe, by a private tutor. Skype is a free app that is easy to install and use.
- It is possible to interact with your teacher face to face.
- All you need is a computer, a good Internet connection, a microphone, a speaker, and a webcam.
- The duration of each lesson varies as per the students' preferences.
- Students also get to decide how many hours they want to have the sessions every week.
- Students can decide their preferred days and time for the classes.
Lingoda is an online teaching platform that offers comprehensive online French classes that are focused on grammar and vocabulary, as well as useful topics such as ‘Life Abroad’. Choose Lingoda for these unique features:
- Small group and private classes
- Customized schedule
- Some of the Best Native French Teachers
- CEFR-aligned Beginner to Advanced Levels
Each learning level comprises 50 classes, at the end of which students receive a certificate. Lingoda certificates are authentic and can be included in a CV or LinkedIn profile.
Lingoda follows a strict hiring process, selecting only those native French teachers with years of experience and a whole of quality teaching under their belt. Recruited teachers are also trained in the Lingoda method and standard.
This is another learning platform that offers live, online group classes in French and trains students to embrace life in Paris. The interactive learning sessions are hosted by expert French language teachers.
- Interactive Online Sessions: Teachers are methodically vetted. A two-way technology is used for the interactive, live classes.
- Affordable Lessons: There are free trial lessons on offer and it is easy to upgrade.
- Flexible Class Schedule: Connect to the TakeLessons app to access your lessons anytime, anywhere.
The live group classes are suited for all levels of learning - the beginners to the advanced. The sessions are 45-minute long, each tailored to your learning interests, schedule, and skill level.
The experience and time taken to learn French differ from one person to another, depending on their desired level of proficiency and the amount of time invested. While many students can easily slip into an everyday conversation in French within months of online training, others may take a bit more time.
The platform that connects tutors and students