The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but building the new - Socrates
Human beings have made rapid strides in the fields of science and technology, making most of the daily chores automated and leading to comfortable lives. You can access all basic facilities and amenities with just one click. But on the flip side of it is the ugly truth of anxiety and stress that is slowly taking over the peace of mind that mankind knew even some time back. And that's where yoga tutors and yoga lessons can help. A yoga tutor can facilitate alternative therapeutic practices in the form of yoga practice, making it possible for you to seek a peaceful life amidst all the chaos. You can enroll today to learn yoga online or through live classes in a yoga studio or even with a personal yoga teacher at home in London or Delhi. Unlike earlier times, when yoga was primarily considered an Indian practice, it has now become an integral part of the daily lives of millions of people all over the world. It has gradually become one of the most sought after solutions to some of the most plaguing mental health issues like depression and insomnia.
So, are you looking for yoga teachers near me? Then you can start with understanding the real reason to sign up for yoga classes and how it can turn your life around for the better. This article will help you understand the significance of yoga in life and what you need to get started with your yoga lessons.
The Significance of Yoga Lessons in Life
Students training in yoga need to understand one thing - yoga is not a one-stop solution to all of life's problems. It is just a medium, which put into regular practice, can improve your quality of life. And that's why even medical professionals recommend yoga because it is backed by science and not just another way to exercise to get toned abs and physical fitness.
Benefits of Yoga Lessons
Yoga teachers and classes can help you in the following ways:
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved body posture
- Mood regulator
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps to keep the skin fresh and supple
- Reduces stress and calms the mind
- Regulates heart rate
- Increases physical strength
- Helps to regulate and manage anxiety
- Improves cardiovascular functions
- Regulates respiration
- Helps to fight depression
- Facilitates equilibrium of the physical, mental, and spiritual states
- Stimulates organ functions
- Builds a strong immunity
- Builds self-awareness
- Improves gastrointestinal health
- Helps in pain management
- Regulates digestion and metabolism
Must-Have Equipment to Learn Yoga Online
Your yoga training will start with training your mind. And teaching a yoga class starts with getting the basics right for the students. This means your tutor will have to first tell you to get the right equipment in place to make the most of your yoga lessons.
The Yoga Mat
The most important accessory of any yoga class is the yoga mat. It's like the mask you wear to protect yourself against Corona. Yoga classes and mats go hand in hand.
Yoga can test your strength and flexibility even after years of practice. An instructor might recommend you use a flexibility kit to help you with different poses during training.
Yoga Mala or Beads
Beads are an integral part of teaching yoga. They help you with counting while practicing chants and meditation.
You will never find yoga teachers in uncomfortable clothing while teaching. That's why there are specially-designed yoga pants to make stretching and asanas comfortable.
These are great mood-setters. Yoga is all about calming your mind and regulating your thoughts. Ambience plays a critical role in yoga training. Incense sticks are available across the world even if you're practicing in a plush London studio.
The Most Recommended Accessory by Yoga Teachers
If you want to enhance your yoga experience, then listen to your yoga tutor! You have to trust them to ensure your yoga lessons are fruitful. Whether you learn yoga online or in a physical class.
The Importance of the Yoga Mat
Apart from yoga tutors, the second most important part of your yoga training is your mat. It is important to choose the yoga mat wisely to ensure it gives you the desired benefits:
- Ease of movement: Yoga is challenging. You need to get comfortable during practice in order to perform the asanas and long hours of meditation or breathing exercises. For that you need a mat that is thick and offers the right amount of friction. It also acts as a cushion against injuries to your knees, ankles or heels.
- Energy conservation: A standard yoga mat is made of polyvinyl, which is a thermal insulator that helps to save energy. When you sit on the mat during training, it acts as a barrier against the ground that might be too hot or too cold. This gives you an advantage by saving essential energy that is then utilized by channelizing to other parts of the body.
- Stability & balance: A yoga teacher will never recommend yoga training without a mat. If you do that, it increases your chance of getting injured especially during stretching or spreading exercises or some specific types of yoga like vinyasa.
What are the Different Types of Yoga Mats?
A yoga mat is a great place to go when talk therapy isn't enough - Anonymous
During your classes, seek the help of your yoga teacher to choose the best yoga mat that suits your body posture. You can choose from the following types:
- The Basic Yoga Mat: This is the most common type that you must have come across in stores and any yoga class. Their texture is slightly sticky to help you hold the yoga poses without slipping. These are the cheapest type available in online stores all over the world. You can also ask your teacher to help you choose one.
- Rubber Mats: This type is preferred by those who are more conscious of climate change because these mats are made naturally from rubber. The material is made of non-toxic and eco-friendly components and a hot favorite of celebrities from London to Japan. This is also a good choice for your yoga classes to provide excellent support and durability.
- Plastic Mats: Yoga mats have come a long way in terms of innovation. The latest in the list if the plastic elastomer mat that is environment-friendly and do not contain any of the harmful components like PVC or latex. They are slip-resistant and provide excellent traction during long hours of training. But be careful not to use it for too long under the sun because of the elastic component.
- Cotton & Hemp Mat: If you're all about using natural resources, then this is the right choice for you. These yoga mats have a soft texture and are great to absorb sweat quickly. You can clean and store them easily. Hemp mats are of a superior quality when compared to cotton ones thanks to their durability and water-absorbent characteristics.
- Jute Mats: Many yoga tutors recommend using naturally made mats to keep in line with the whole philosophy of yoga. And jute mats are very popular in that sense. Jute fibers are biodegradable and highly durable.
How to Choose the Best Yoga Mat?
With the help of good yoga tutors, students can get help in choosing the right yoga mat for their classes. You can use the following parameters to choose the right mat for training with the help of your teacher:
- Thickness: Choose a mat that is neither too thick nor too thin. A standard yoga mat is 1/8 inches thick. If you are looking for travel yoga mats, then they are much thinner at 1/16 inches of thickness. Ask your teacher for the right amount of your thickness based on your training needs.
- Texture: Choose a mat that offers the right amount of traction. It should help you hold poses for the requisite amount of time and also be anti-slippery to prevent injuries. Rubber or jute mats are the best. Avoiding PVC mats might be a good idea.
- Material: The material of the mat is all important. It is the core factor that influences the texture and stickiness. The old types like the ones made of PVC are now being ditched to choose from more eco-friendly options like rubber, jute, or even cotton. Students should also be aware of any allergies like some people are to latex, for example. You want to be comfortable during your yoga classes.
- Stickiness: PVC mats are the stickiest. But if you are looking for more natural materials, go for the rubber mats. A high stickiness is important to prevent you from falling and sliding during yoga training.
- Price: Yoga mats today are available across all budget ranges. Depending on your need and interests, you can easily find the right mat - be it in any high-end London store or the cheap one available on online marts.
The platform that connects tutors and students