When it comes to some of the basic skills that a person is required to have, driving ranks on the very top of them. It is necessary for every person to be proficient in driving as it can be a lifesaver for you in certain situations. Now, learning to drive can be a bit of a tough task for those who fear it.
There are many of us who don’t know how to drive yet, and the major reason for that is fear. If you want to learn to drive, you have to overcome your fear of driving, and the best way to do that is to give it a try. Although there can be many people that can teach you how to drive and get a licence, you need to make sure that you learn from a professional.
If you are in India and specifically in Andhra Pradesh, you can find various driving schools near you. However, there is a process for that. Here in this article, we will take a look at various steps that you need to take for getting a driving licence in Andhra Pradesh.
How to apply for a driver’s licence in Andhra Pradesh
If you want to drive, one of the most important things to do is get a driving license. And to get a driving license, it is necessary to pass the driving test. No matter where you are in India, you have to pass the driving test, or you may not get a driving license.
Now, if you want to get a driving license, the process suggests that you need to have some important documents that you need to submit to the RTO (Regional Transport Office). Some of these documents will be available to you, but there are some documents that you may have to fetch. Here are some of the most necessary products:
- Vehicle documents such as purchase slip, pollution, etc.
- Copy of the learner’s license.
- The application form is known as form 4.
- Recent photographs (4)
- Any of these age proof documents such as date of birth certificate, school certificate, passport, PAN card, etc.
- Any of the address proof documents like Aadhar, voter ID, utility bills, etc.
- Copy of the passport.
Now, once you have all of these documents, it is time to apply for a driving license. Every state has different ways of applying for a driving license; Andhra Pradesh, on the other hand, has both online and offline modes. Learn how to get a driving license in Maharashtra!
You can apply for the license via both offline and online modes. However, the steps are different. Let’s explore how to apply for a driving license in both ways!
The Online way
The way to apply for a driving license online is simple. However, as of now, the transport website of Andhra Pradesh does not have the facility to do it. No need to worry here! If you don’t want to go to the RTO office, you can use the Sarathi Parivahan website to apply for it. Here are the steps:
- Go to https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice2/ and select the state.
- Look for the online application section and choose the new driving license.
- Here, you will get various options, and you have to choose from learner’s license, foreign Driving License, etc.
- Based on your selection above, you have to enter your learner's license, international Driving License (as well as passport and visa) or any other license information.
- Put in your date of birth and click on ok.
- Now, you need to add your personal details like name, age, address, class of vehicle, immediate family member data, educational qualification, blood group. After this, click on submit.
- After this, you will get an application number. Keep a note of it.
- The next step is to upload all your necessary supporting documents like the ID, date of birth, learner’s license copy, address proofs, etc. You will also need a foreign Driving License copy if you are a refugee or foreigner, a physically challenged certificate if you are applying in that category, a passport copy, a visa copy and a medical certificate.
- Add your photo and signature by entering the application number and DOB.
- Next, you need to book a slot for your Driving License test. You have to add your application number and DOB for that.
- The next step is to make payment for your class of vehicles. For this, you have to re-enter the application number and DOB.
- Net banking or credit/debit card are the ways via which you can pay for the application. Foreigners or refugees can use MasterCard or VISA.
- If you don’t have any of these means, you can make the payment at the RTO office too. However, ensure that you are carrying the printout of your application form and copies of your documents.
- Once the payment is made, check all your details and submit.
The Offline Way
Other than going online to apply for your driving license, you can also get it done at the RTO office. Here are the steps to get it done. Check out the process to apply for a driving license in Uttar Pradesh!
- Go to your RTO and get the forms from the Regional Transport Office desk. Other than that, you can also download the same forms from the RTO website. After this, fill up all the forms and take them to the RTO.
- Submit all the filled forms along with the required documents and photographs.
- The RTO officials will verify all the documents and for a nominal fee for your application.
- Take the payment slip and book a slot for the Driving License exam.
- Reach the exam venue on time. A Motor Vehicle Inspector is the supervisor of the exam.
- The written exam for a driving license includes questions about road signs and safety rules. Other than that, the practical exam driving license will test your driving skills.
- If you pass the exam, you are required to submit your biometrics, and the Driving License will be issued to you the very next day. If you fail the exam, you can give the exam again after 7 days.
Note: Before you get your permanent license, it is best to carry your learner’s and keep checking the status of your license.
So, the steps to apply for a driving license are pretty easy. You just need to ensure that you have all the documents and you pass the tests after submitting the forms. Moreover, you also need to be aware of all the latest traffic rules and road signs.
Driving License Rules
Getting a driver’s license is not for everybody. You have to fulfil some conditions and have to follow some rules for this. There are various conditions and rules for obtaining a driver’s license. Explore the driving license rules in Tamilnadu!
- The permanent license is issued only to the applicant who has obtained a learner’s license in the first place and has cleared the test.
- The learner’s license is only valid for 6 months.
- The legal age to get a driver’s license is 18 years.
- The commercial licence is only issued to those who are heavy transport drivers like trucks and delivery vans, no matter if it is Andhra Pradesh or any other state.
Other than these, there are many other rules to keep in mind.
New Driving License Rules
Here is a new rule!
As per the recent notifications of the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, you can get a driving licence without taking any test at the regional transport office. However, if you are a first-timer, you have to take the training at an accredited driver training centre. There are many other guidelines to take care of. You can take a look at them online.
Driving Classes with Superprof!
If you are keen to get on the road and polish your driving skills, it is time to enrol in a good driving school. If you want to reduce your hassle of going from door to door looking for an expert driver, Superprof is the place for you. Check out what you need to do for a driving license in West Bengal!
Superprof is an awesome online platform that has countless driving experts that can help you get a driving license with ease. The best thing is that you will get drivers with years of experience and knowledge about the rules and regulations.
No matter if you want to get a license for a car, bike, or any heavy transport motor vehicle in Andhra Pradesh, you will surely get a good driving expert. With Superprof, you get your first lecture free of cost and have a pool of driving experts to choose from.
All the experts registered on Superprof have a valid driving license and are authorized to teach others. If required, you can verify it by yourself. Superprof online website has a bio section where you can check the information about the drivers. This helps in making a better decision.
The platform that connects tutors and students