According to the Bureau of Labour, the job role of a statistician is known to be the fastest-growing career since 2018 and is further predicted to grow by approximately 33% by the end of 2026. Given these numbers, the job market is expected to further increase by 7.4%, creating more jobs for professionals with a strong statistical background.
If you want to become a successful statistician in the future, it is important to know the scope of your chosen career path in the current dynamic corporate world to know where you fit in. Research indicates that you do not necessarily have to pursue a long-term degree or certification to prove yourself to be a professional-level statistician or for career opportunities. This is because the demand for professionals with strong statistical skills is increasing rapidly on a global level and is encouraging organizations and companies to even hire new graduates in statistics on a freelance basis if not the full time to begin.
The scope for statistical analysis and data mining job roles is jazzing every day and at present, the supply is not meeting the increasing demand. For the same reason, universities all over the world are adding new courses and programs to encourage students to pick up data science and data analysis as part of their professional degrees to help support this increasing demand.
Therefore, if you are looking to develop a career as a statistician, it is the right time for you to begin your research and develop your skills to meet the job requirements successfully and become an integral part of an organization.
Top Career Opportunities For Statistics Professionals
If we break down statistics, three important values are incorporated to become a successful and leading statistician in today’s fast-paced world and they include methodological skills, precision, and rationality. Statistics is considered to be a challenging degree or course as it trains you with real-world problems with solutions that push your problem-solving and logical thinking abilities to another level.
However, the clarity about the top career opportunities for professionals who complete their statistics courses and degrees is still on the low.
After completing your statistics majors or degree program, you can experiment with one of the below-mentioned career opportunities or job titles.
- As a professional statistician for a corporate or an organization.
- As a professor to spread the knowledge you have learned with other students.
- As a risk analyst for the company or industry of your choice help them mitigate risks and develop a better data flow.
- As a data scientist for an organization help with the necessary data queries to improve overall productivity and efficiency.
- As a consultant or a business analyst for a company to help them use the data in the right manner with complete statistical backing for more effective operational efficiency.
What Is The Average Statistician Salary In India?
An important factor to consider before you finalize your career path to be that of a successful statistician is the average statistician salary in India and whether it is a career that is growing and is expected to be in demand in the future. According to market studies, on average, a statistician makes approximately Rs. 400,000 per annum or a minimum of Rs. 205 per hour.
However, the salary further depends on the level of job role you have opted for within an organization as for an entry-level job role, the average yearly salary is approximately Rs. 360, 000 and for the more experienced workforce, the average salary goes up to Rs. 2,000,000 minimum.
The market is growing rapidly and the need for companies and organizations for professionals with a strong statistical background is rising worldwide. To fill in the gap in the market to meet the demand with sufficient supply, some certain companies and organizations are encouraging entry-level statistical job holders to take up short courses. This is crucial to improve their skill set to prove to be better as such to the company, adding to their profitability.
Other than the market average, job-specific salary averages include the following-
- For a statistical analyst, the yearly average salary comes down to a minimum of Rs. 1,800,000.
- For a research associate, the yearly average salary is approximately Rs. 441, 000.
- For research analysts, the yearly average salary is Rs. 413, 333.
- For a clinical analyst as well as a statistician, the average salary is a minimum of Rs. 400,000.
Where To Find Statistics Courses?
For anyone interested to become a statistician in the future, to follow this career path, it is important to equip yourself well with all the different data science and data analysis tricks and tactics to understand how statisticians work. If you’re wondering where to find statistics courses to meet your kind of job description, here are two ways to find statistics courses near you.
Research and Apply
The most common way to become a successful statistician in the future is to complete a degree in statistics, whether graduate level or professional level. You can begin with a data science course .to learn data analysis well and be able to perform entry requirements for most job roles as a statistician with great ease. There are multiple colleges, institutions, and coaching centres that offer degrees, certifications, and short courses to help develop skills statisticians all around the world possess today.
If you do not wish to go for the traditional classroom education, you can always opt for online courses and classes that can help you improve your data analysis skills and professional-level experience on the side. Multiple online platforms connect you to a wide range of statistic courses, ranging from entry-level to Master's degree statistics, without having to commute from one place to another.
One such platform is Superprof which is highly user-friendly and requires bare minimum steps to sign up before you can start exploring the numerous statistics courses available to choose the one you like the best to begin learning.
What are the Top Universities to Study Statistics?
If you are convinced that statistics is the right way for you to go forward and wish to make a successful career as a statistician, you need to be well aware of the top universities to study statistics in India to get the right learning, information, and skills required to complete statisticians work with great ease. So, what are the top universities to study statistics? Some of the top universities in India include the following:
- The first on the list is the Indian Statistical Institute which is founded in 1931 and is located in Kolkata. It helps industries all around the world develop quality systems for management to assist problem-solving related to productivity and reliability effectively.
- The next on the list for a university suitable for statistics is IIT Kanpur that the statistics in the mathematics department is top-notch. Along with helping students improve their statistical analysis, it also teaches them real-world problems do you have them analyze, interpret data in the right manner. You can also gain a master's degree in statistics with this university.
- As one of the oldest colleges in the country capital of Delhi, the St. Stephens College found in 1881 is another popular university that supports students with a range of statistics and mathematics courses to help them pursue the career path of a statistician efficiently.
- The next popular Delhi College on the list is the Lady Shri Ram College for women which offers a long list of statistics courses that dig deeper than the concepts alone. With these courses, students learn about the different analysis methods in statistics and also help them with the design of services, experiments, polls for collecting data for more accurate results.
- Loyola College founded in 1982 is another popular name on the list that offers both undergraduate degrees and master’s degrees in statistics to provide the students with the right learning institution to improve their statistical skills.
- Other than these, SP College Pune, Madras Christian College, and St. Xavier’s College Kolkata are also some of the top names on the list for universities with in-depth statistical courses.
Overall, to conclude, the basic skill set of statisticians requires strong mathematical tricks and techniques to be able to analyze different kinds of data is with great ease while calculating all available information, keeping in mind the averages, reliability, and market trends. They are not just professionals who are experts with numbers but are also known to be top communicators as once their analysis of data is complete, they need to present their findings in both oral and written reports to help everyone understand their conclusion.
Therefore, if you are looking to explore a career path as a statistician, you need to prepare yourself well to fight the competition in the market as the demand is rising. You can opt for traditional degree courses at one of the top universities in the country or you can sign up with online platforms like Superprof to pick short-term courses to pace your learning slowly to become a professional in the future.
The platform that connects tutors and students