We live in a world today that is driven by mathematical calculations, as even for the smallest things, we tend to use maths on a daily basis. Whether it be to calculate how much milk to give a child according to the age or to understand the social media marketing reports, numbers, or everywhere.
In simple words, mathematics as a subject is a necessary tool that helps the world go forward the way it does. It is not only fascinating to study, but it also has multiple other benefits. Before you choose which of the top universities in India for mathematics you should target for your next degree or certification course, understand the top benefits that encourage you to learn maths below-
- The first and the most important advantage of learning mathematics from the top universities in India for mathematics or through an online course is that it helps with your brain development. It forces the brain to work and come up with problem-solving ability on its own.
- With the help of mathematics, you can also have better control over your finances, on a personal level. Not everyone knows how to manage their finances and be able to live freely. Once you get an understanding of numbers, it will not be difficult to be a better financial manager for your own personal expenses.
- Even though most people believe mathematics to be a very conceited subject with very limited career opportunities, with Maths you can explore a wide range of career options and also on promising salary packages.
- When you pick to study mathematics in detail, you also get to learn through finding solutions for real-world problems. This way, you not only become more competent in the professional world but also get an edge on a personal level with better planning and decision-making ability.
- Lastly, maths is considered to be a universal language as it is the same for every individual all around the world, regardless of their country of origin, native language, etc. For instance, the simple calculation of 1+1= 2 is the same for every country on the globe. So, if you gain expertise in this subject, you can explore job opportunities not only within your country but also globally.
Can You Learn Maths Class Online?
After discussing the multiple benefits of pursuing a career in mathematics above, it is also important to understand the different options available to study mathematics. Even though it is part of every school curriculum, by the end of your higher education in school, the choice between mathematics and science is for everyone. Additionally, the future institution or college choices also depend on the courses you take between maths and science in high school. However, that does not cancel out your option to study mathematics at any point in your life, regardless of your majors.
To learn maths, you can do it by enrolling yourself in an institute or maths class online that offers short-term maths courses or certification programs to help you explore the subject before jumping to any job opportunity that comes your way. Another way to give yourself the option of giving extra knowledge about subjects like maths is through online classes.
Online education has become very popular since the global pandemic and at present, you can find online classes and courses for any subject of your choice, along with co-curricular activities and sports. So, if you are looking for a reason to encourage yourself to study maths as a future career choice, now is your time to pick between offline or online classes and enrol today.
If you begin maths online classes, you get to benefit from increased convenience and time flexibility as you can take these classes from the comfort of your home or any other location of your choice. Moreover, there is no peer pressure to do better than the other students as your progress is equally important, thus promoting a better opportunity for self-paced learning. This not only allows you to take more responsibility for your learning and progress but also improves your focus and attention.
How to Find the Right Maths Class or Maths Teacher?
Now we know the different benefits of studying mathematics as a subject and choosing between online or offline classes, the next important thing to discuss is how to find the right maths class or maths teacher around you to begin learning. The process of finding the right maths class or maths teacher is fairly easy, provided you have an active internet connection and some time on hand.
To begin, you can start by researching the type of courses or classes you want to experiment with to see the numerous options available in your city, state, or country. If you do not find something that appeals to you, you can always opt for online learning with the help of different digital platforms available today.
One such platform is Superprof that not only helps you find the right maths class but can also connect you to a range of different teacher profiles for mathematics to choose wisely and pick the class or teacher as per your requirements.
Advantages Of Maths Tuition
We have thoroughly discussed how mathematics as a subject is beneficial for everyone, including the kids as well as the adults. However, if you feel that your child is highly engaged with the subject of maths, choosing to start his maths tuition early on can be a wise decision to help better and easier career decisions in the future.
- The first advantage of hiring a maths tutor for home through platforms like Superprof or sending the students to coaching centres is their ability to gain confidence in themselves. When tuitions begin, there are numerous students, and the peer pressure of learning and doing better than the other can work in the favour of everyone as learning confidence increases.
- If you opt for home tuitions, you can do it both online or offline but the benefit remains the same that is one-on-one attention that the student receives. This attention in turn encourages the student to focus better and increase their learning abilities significantly to do better in class overall.
- Other than maths skills, with the help of tuition, students can also learn a list of other important skills that can otherwise be skipped during subject focus learning in colleges, institutions of higher education centres. Skills like problem-solving, problem recognition, increased awareness of maths topics, etc.
- In a classroom setup, the students tend to focus on all subjects in one go, unfortunately losing dedication towards anyone subject. This in turn can result in poor results for the student. However, with the help of Math tuition, students recognize their potential and thus take accountability for their progress.
Best Universities To Learn Maths After Class 12
If you are convinced that mathematics is the subject for you, you need to be aware of the best universities to learn maths after class 12 in India to apply, after checking your eligibility criteria. The list of universities includes the following names:
Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi
This university is located in New Delhi and is one of the top rating universities in India. In Mathematics, Jamia Millia Islamia University offers B. Sc Applied Mathematics (Hons). The fee structure for the same is INR 23,400.
SRM University in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
As the name suggests, SRM University is located in Chennai in Tamil Nadu and is another leading university in India. Aspirants looking to complete M.Sc in Mathematics can opt for admission here. The admission is done on the basis of merit and the fee structure for a Master's course is INR 60,000.
Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay, Maharashtra
Indian Institute of Technology has its campus in many cities, but if you are looking to complete PhD in mathematics, then the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay would be a suitable choice for you. Being a private institute, the fee structure is slightly more than universities.
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in Vadodara, Gujarat
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is located in Baroda (presently Vadodara) in Gujarat. It is another popular university which can choose to study Mathematics. The fee structure for B. Sc. Mathematics Hons is INR 1,16,000.
Lovely Professional University In Phagwara, Punjab
Lovely Professional University generally offers distance courses, so if you are looking for a reliable institute to complete your Graduation in Mathematics or for a master's remotely, this can be you suitable place. The fee structure for each course varies dispensing on various factors.
Christ University in Bangalore, Karnataka
If you are looking to study M.Phil in mathematics, then Christ University in Bangalore is an excellent choice. You can complete your M.Phil in Mathematics at an affordable fee structure of INR 35,000.
Other than these popular names on the list, there are multiple other colleges and universities all around the country, especially different Indian Institute Of Technology spread around, to offer the learning opportunity to everyone willing to learn. Your age does not matter as you can easily opt for a bachelor's degree or a master's degree with any of these universities and institutions.
Research well to see whether you fit the eligibility criteria or not, before sending in your application to increase your chances of admission.
To conclude, no matter which Indian university or institution you pick to pursue a better learning experience in mathematics to explore job opportunities with promising salary packages in the future, mathematics as a subject has a lot to teach. You can pick between different states like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, or any other location, the learning is directly only dependent on your grasping ability.
The Indian education system is very strong and is full of universities and institutions to provide the best education to the population. If you still do not wish to pursue mathematics as a subject through traditional learning, you can always choose online courses on Superprof to begin your journey.
The platform that connects tutors and students