The subject of biology is the study of the life and processes of different living organisms along with their overall interaction with the environment. At present, it is a growing subject field today in places like New Delhi, and thus, the availability of the biology teacher online is more appreciated as compared to off-line high school sessions. The entire world has adopted online education and claimed it to be more successful in imparting knowledge to students. Here are some reasons why a biology teacher online is a better choice.
- Convenient and more informative
- Improved Individual Attention
- Improved Time Management
- Better Student Interaction and Concentration
- Increased Self-reliance and Discipline
- Economical in monetary terms
- Location flexibility
- Self-paced learning opportunity
- Increased student interest as multiple device-friendly
- Shorter lesson time duration as opposed to classroom sessions.
Biology Class 10 and Class 12 Curriculum
CBSE as an education board ensures maximum attention is given to the important aspects of the science subject in question, whether it be physics, chemistry or biology.
Almost all classes follow a similar pattern of more theoretical understanding over discussion-based learning, making it easier for the students to adapt to increase their overall performance. Now, the two main grades 10 and 12 are the life-changing years of a student’s life. So, let us look at the CBSE Biology class 10 curriculum and then class 12 curriculum to see how they differ.
Class 10 Curriculum
Out of all class 10 subjects, biology is known to be one of the top-scoring fields, which introduces you to different topics revolving around human and cell anatomy and functioning. The main topics covered in the biology class 10 curriculum include the following-
- Life Processes is one topic that includes all the required information about animal and plant nutrition, different human systems like respiratory, circulatory, excretory, reproductive system, etc.
- Control in coordination is all about the different chemical coordination in both animals and plants. Additionally, it also covers all aspects of the human nervous system and details about muscle and nerve coordination in the human body.
- Reproduction as a topic covers all types and kinds of different reproduction methods in both humans and plants and the role of puberty in humans.
- Heredity and Evolution discuss different phases between the initiation of evolution and the effect of heredity on the present generations. Even the trait theory is discussed in depth in this particular topic.
- Environmental studies in biology discuss past and present environmental issues along with possible solutions. Additionally, it also covers all about the ecosystem and its parts like the food chain, nutrition and energy flow, etc.
- Lastly, natural resources as a topic discuss different measures to preserve the existing natural resources.
Class 12 Curriculum
If you think class 10 is tough, step into the shoes of class 12 biology students to understand how their curriculum is more challenging as compared to class 10. The obvious reasons for this difference include the gap of two years between the two, with one having six major topics and the other having 16 separate more defined branches of biology lessons. The 16 different topics included in the biology class 12 curriculum include the following-
- In-depth Introduction to Reproduction in Humans
- The Production Cycles of Other Different Living Organisms
- Forms of Sexual Reproduction in Plants
- Information on and Maintenance of Reproductive Health
- All about Variations and Inheritance
- Molecular Arrangement Involved with Inheritance
- The Evolution of the Human Body
- Different Health Issues and Diseases in the human body
- Strategies to Enhance the Process of Food Production
- Human Welfare and the Role of Microbes in it
- Principals and Processes Involved in Biotechnology
- Applications Involved in Biotechnology
- Different Types of Living Organisms and Their Contribution to the overall population
- In-depth Study about Ecosystem
- Importance of Conservation and Biodiversity
- Management of Current and Future Environmental Issues
Are Biology Classes NCERT Supported?
Both class 10 and class 12 are easier to an ace with the help of NCERT solution booklets. One major reason why all biology classes, regardless of the grade, have the option of revision with the help of NCERT solution booklets is its high added value to the learnings. Biology classes NCERT covers all important topics with more informed analysis and theoretical backing to support the overall learning process for the students, making it easier for biology teachers.
All available NCERT solution booklets in question banks include topic-wise distribution and supporting additional resources to clarify all aspects of any of the 17 different topics involved in class 12 and 6 different topics for class 10. With the help of this, the teaching effort required from our science teacher secondary school or high school is reduced to the bare minimum.
Ages ago biology teachers were supposed to single-handedly control the entire learning process for the students. However now, even the secondary school looking for a new teacher of biology, chemistry and physics, put in bare minimum requirements in the job description as NCERT solution booklets are available.
Tips To Conduct Biology Class In New Delhi
New Delhi, the capital of India, is so rich as far as the educational sector is concerned. It has some of the best universities and colleges in the country, Delhi University being the top on the list. If you are a student of class 10 biology who wants to earn a little salary or just wants to conduct a free biology class in New Delhi, there are certain pointers to remember to be successful.
- Select your biology area of expertise before you launch your teacher profile around.
- Choose the right target audience and ensure your biology class is well promoted to ensure maximum participation. You can do this with the help of social media, newspapers, etc. as Delhi is so well connected.
- Invest your time and energy in preparing a biology course outline to share with students to keep them interested and well-informed at all times.
- Always ensure all student expectations are also kept in mind when you conduct your biology class. Simple student-teacher expectations like less workload, more practical learning, interesting activities, visual learning, etc.
- Plan and implement strategies to stand out amongst the other biology teacher permanent time class routine to attract more students. You can do this by experimenting with video lessons, audio clips, art activity for diagrams, flashcards for better learning, etc.
- Choose the location of your biology class smartly as New Delhi has multiple hub areas where there is more potential for biology classes.
How To Find Teachers For Biology Class 10?
All the possible topics covered in the high school for secondary school biology classes have already been discussed. In order to make the most of your lockdown, without affecting your overall education, you can opt for adding a fresh new biology teacher taking home tuitions. You can also instead search for a biology teacher with experience and make the most of the subjects. So, in New Delhi, how to find teachers for biology class 10?
Ever since online classes became the next big thing during the pandemic, the inflow of job alerts for biology tuitions online has witnessed a massive rise. Now is the time when all schools are switching to online education teaching methods and so biology teachers and undergraduate students as well are offering free class days for some additional salary.
To support the same, many digital platforms have also come together to help bridge the gap and connect teachers and students to succeed. One such effective online platform is Superprof that has biology teacher profiles from all over the world. In order to apply, all you need to do is sign up as a student and start contacting biology teachers.
Contacts and Coaching Centres
You can either use your contacts like friends and family who might know a secondary school biology teacher to help with your biology class 10 lessons. Additionally, New Delhi is one of the few developed and well-equipped cities in the country today and has some dedicated science coaching centres to explore.
So, you can either choose a biology teacher through networking or by enrolling in one of the below mentioned popular classroom experience biology class 10 classes. Names of coaching centres in New Delhi are-
- AVJMS Institute in Dwarka
- Shakespeare school of language in Chhatarpur
- Pravino in Lajpat Nagar
- Career Mentor in Uttam Nagar
- Other independent schools running on a part-time basis.
Overall, even though the outline of a biology course for grade 10 or 12 students reflects difficult in-depth theoretical topics, the learning process can be easier if you choose the right biology teacher. Once you know all the secondary school biology, you will easily be able to take up further related courses in universities in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, etc.
Moreover, if you are a student and looking new role, there are many opportunities for biology teacher jobs. So, if you are looking to start a September session at a university in London or other countries, sign up with Superprof and find yourself a good biology teacher.
The platform that connects tutors and students