Each year, government offices notify aspiring candidates with a government examination list. The list contains the dates of exams and other important dates such as application and registration, interview, final result and joining.
Government jobs are the most secure and highly paid jobs in India. Thus, millions of candidates appear in various government exams throughout the year. IAS or the Indian Administrative Services is the toughest of them all.
There are many other crucial exams held in a calendar year. In the course of our discussion, government jobs in the banking sector will be discussed in detail. Let us get started with the upcoming government examination in India 2022, important dates, syllabus and eligibility criteria.
Government Examination in India
Government examinations in India are regarded as the toughest administrative exams in the world. Of the population of billions, only thousands are chosen to fill in the vacant positions in government offices.
Therefore, you can understand that the government examination in India is a tough battle which screens out millions of candidates each year. Here are a few things to remember about the exam:
- If you are aware of the syllabus and exam patterns and, above all, practise test papers of previous years thoroughly, no one can stop you from bagging a lucrative job offer.
- Apart from the technical posts, generally, the syllabus and exam pattern remains consistent.
- In most cases, a preliminary exam is conducted, which is followed by a Mains test. Preliminary tests are majorly objective type, i.e. a set of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) are to be solved within the stipulated duration.
- The Mains exam is an elaborate and extensive screening test that comprises both objective and descriptive questions. The last phase of the selection process is the interview round which is held after the Mains.
A candidate is expected to be presentable and must have good communication skills to crack the interview round.
Upcoming Government Examinations In 2022
Those who want to appear in the upcoming government examinations in 2022, as discussed below, must be between the ages of 21 and 30 (for the IBPS PO exam, the lower range is 20).
In terms of educational criteria for the IBPS and SBI PO exams, candidates must have earned a graduate degree in any field or discipline from a recognised university. However, RBI exams for Grade B officers have different educational qualification criteria.
- For RBI Grade B officers General, a graduate degree in any discipline or stream is mandatory. General candidates must score at least 60% in the graduation, while SC/ ST and OBC candidates can enjoy a relaxation of 10%. For general candidates with a post-graduate degree, RBI expects a minimum of 55% in the exam, while the SC/ ST and OBC candidates should score passing marks to qualify for the RBI Grade B General exam.
- RBI Grade B (DEPR) requires a master's degree in any of the following subjects:
- Mathematical Economics
- Quantitative Economics
- Integrated Economics
- MBA Finance
The candidates appearing in the RBI Grade B (DEPR) exam are expected to score a minimum of 55% in the master’s exam.
- RBI Grade B (DSIM) requires a master’s degree in any of the following subjects:
- Mathematical Statistics
- Mathematical Economics
- Statistics and Informetrics from IIT-Kharagpur
- Applied Statistics and Informetrics from IIT-Bombay
The candidates appearing in the RBI Grade B (DSIM) exam are expected to score a minimum of 55% in the master’s exam.
The upcoming government examinations in 2022 are exclusively reserved for Indian citizens. Therefore, furnishing your identity proof as an authorized Indian citizen is mandatory. However, Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 seeking permanent citizenship and are subject to Nepal and Bhutan are allowed to appear in the exams. Persons of Indian
- Origin migrating from a few countries iuncluding Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Vietnam are deemed to be eligible for the exams.
- In the Eastern African countries, the list includes Kenya, Zaire, Uganda, Ethipia, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania.
IBPS PO Exam
The IBPS PO exam is one of the most important recruiting exams in India. For the positions of probationary officers, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, known as IBPS, conducts an exam. Selected candidates will work in 11 public sector banks that are members of the IBPS community. The participating banks under IBPS are-
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
The IBPS PO exam was introduced in 2011 as part of the IBPS society's Common Recruitment Process (CRP). The application and registration process is completed entirely online. For the preliminary IBPS PO exam, a candidate has the option of selecting the nearest or most convenient test centre. You may now check the newest IBPS exam calendar to see when the exam will be held, when the results will be announced, and when additional notifications will be sent.
As per the latest IBPS bulletin, there is a walloping vacancy for 5809 Probationary Officer posts. This exam is one of the most popular recruitment tests in India, and thus one must compete with millions of candidates across India. However, the handsome paycheque and subsequent perks of being a Probationary Officer worth the challenge. The starting salary of a PO could be around 50,000 INR, which can change the lifestyle of a person!
IBPS PO Exam is a three-layered recruitment process. The first exam of the process is the preliminary test. Once you get through the prelims, you have to sit for the IBPS PO Mains exam. Successful candidates will then appear in the interview, which will shortlist the final set of candidates to be recruited in different banks.
The IBPS exam calendar is out, and you can have a look at the latest list of IBPS PO 2021 exam dates. The dates of preliminary exams and the subsequent notification dates are now available. Here is a detailed list of important dates for your reference.
- IBPS PO Exam Notification - August/ September 2022
- Online Registration - August/ September 2022
- IBPS Prelims Admit Card Download - October 2022
- IBPS PO Exam Prelims - 15th, 16th and 22nd October 2022
- IBPS PO Prelims Result - November 2022
- IBPS Mains Admit Card Download - November 2022
- IBPS PO Mains Exam - 26th November 2022
- IBPS PO Mains Result - December 2022
- IBPS PO Mains Score Card - December 2022
- IBPS PO Interview Call Letter - January/ February 2023
- IBPS PO Interview - January/ February 2023
- IBPS PO Final Score and Provisional Allotment - April 2023
SBI PO Exam
The State Bank of India (SBI) has been named to the Fortune 500 list of the world's most renowned corporations. With its headquarters in Mumbai, SBI is an Indian multinational banking and financial services statutory corporation. SBI has a rich history and reputation that dates back over 200 years, making it India's most prestigious bank for decades.
SBI offers a large number of career opportunities to both new and experienced applicants. The SBI Clerical and SBI PO exams are two of India's most important competitive exams. Successful candidates would be offered positions at various SBI offices across India, along with competitive pay and other benefits.
Furthermore, passing these difficult examinations gets you the SBI brand value. As a result, candidates should keep an eye on the SBI test calendar, which is expected to be released soon on the SBI's official website.
SBI Exam Dates
The SBI PO exam date 2022 notification will soon be updated. As of now, it is expected that the test will take place sometime during October. However, this is a tentative time frame. The exact dates will be clear once the SBI PO exam date 2022 notification is floated by the SBI exams governing body.
The total mark for the SBI PO prelims exam is 100. For each correct answer, you will be rewarded with 1 point. However, you should be cautious about negative markings. For each wrong answer, you will be penalized with 0.25 points (-0.25). Generally, there is a cut-off mark set by the SBI exams governing body for each section before the Mains exam. One must score equal to or more than the cut-off mark to qualify for the next round.
The preliminary test for SBI PO is followed by the most crucial and extensive round of SBI PO Mains. SBI PO Mains is an extensive online test that consists of 5 segments. The segments or sections under the SBI PO Mains exam are:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 marks)
- English Language (40 marks)
- Data Analysis and Interpretation (60 marks)
- General Economy and Banking Awareness (40 marks)
- English Language Writing Skills (Letter and Essay) (25 marks)
The successful candidates are called in the final interview round. The interview lasts about 15-20 minutes, during which the candidates are asked questions about themselves, the banking business, current events, general awareness, and so on by a panel of bank personnel. Candidates must be well-dressed and confident and bring all necessary documents to the interview.
Reserve Bank of India, abbreviated as RBI, is the apex body of the Indian banking sector. RBI was founded in 1935 and nationalised in 1949 after independence. As a result, unlike other private bank jobs, RBI recruiting is classified as a government job. Every year, the Reserve Bank of India holds a Grade B exam to fill open positions around the country. The RBI exam schedule for 2022 is now available, and you should review the essential dates.
RBI exam 2022 is knocking at the door. In the recent bulletin published by the governing body of the RBI, there are 294 vacancies this year. Despite the number of vacancies being low in comparison to other banking exams, the RBI exam 2022 is considered one of the most significant competitive tests. It is estimated that thousands of candidates will appear in the RBI exam 2022 for 294 vacancies.
Thus, you should be at your best to crack the exam and bag the lucrative job. Here is a list of all the important dates for you.
RBI published a recruitment notification for Grade B officers on 28th March. In the notification, the RBI exam calendar was furnished for aspiring candidates. In case you have missed the notification, go through the up-to-date RBI exam calendar 2022 that is furnished below-
- RBI Grade B officers recruitment notification - 28.03.2022
- Online application download commencement - 28.03.2022
- Last date of online application - 18.04.2022
- Last date of online application payment - 18.04.2022
- Issuance of RBI Grade B Phase I call letters - 30.05.2022 (DEPR and DSIM)
- Exam dates for Phase I - 28.05.2022 (General), 02.07.2022 (DEPR and DSIM)
- Issuance of Phase II call letters - June 2022
- Exam dates for Phase II - 25.06.2022 (General), 06.08.2022 (DEPR and DSIM)
The dates of the interview round and final result notification will be updated soon on the RBI portal. Apart from Grade B officers, RBI conducts two exams for Grade C and RBI Office Assistant designations. There is no fixed time of the year when Grade C and RBI Office Assistant exams are held. These exams are predominantly carried out on an ad hoc basis.
For further information click here.
How to Prepare for Government Jobs With Superprof?
Superprof is a recognized online resource that strives to provide you with all of the information you need about the top government test tutors in your area. All that is asked of you is a simple login. You will have unrestricted access to the entire world of information.
Because it is simple to use while simultaneously being incredibly informational, Superprof is often recognised as the best online gateway for finding tutors. The dissemination of critical information to candidates is just the beginning. With Superprof, you can do a lot more.
In addition, here is what you will need to do to prepare for the exam:
Understand the Needs
Both intense exercise and diligent planning are part of the preparation. To score higher marks and enhance your chances of cracking a respected job, you must keep track of your time. This might look simple on paper, but it is far from easy in actuality.
Value a Tutor’s Guidance
With the help of the best teachers, practise solving previous years' government exam test papers. Superprof has compiled a list of talented tutors who can assist you in preparing for government exams.
Practise Makes Perfect
Continue practising under their supervision to gain a better understanding of the topic, exam format, and time management. It will improve your overall understanding of the examinations and give you the best opportunity to prepare for the world's most difficult competitive exams.
Moreover, the tutors are knowledgeable about the most recent exam trends and strategies, ensuring that you receive a good mark. In competitive exams like the IBPS PO, SBI PO, and RBI exams, effective scoring is what gets you to the finish line. Superprof will find qualified tacticians to help you achieve your objectives.
The platform that connects tutors and students