Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and surround yourself with good people. - Anonymous.
Counsellors in Bangalore are available in plenty. If you are dealing with your own fears that prevent you from advancing in your career, then you must seek the services of a career coach. Career counseling is a very useful service for those who wish to study abroad, or for young professionals looking for placement support, or for freshers looking to access information about the recruitment process in their dream company.
The number of career consultants in Bengaluru is the maximum across the entire state of Karnataka. They offer diversified services to suit a variety of needs of their clients. A career coach has the know-how, expertise, and experience to kickstart the successful careers of young people. Career consultants in Bangalore work as school counsellors as well or with a placement agency. These two are the main sources of getting access to career counseling in Bengaluru.
A career coach plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of a student and helping them become successful professionals. The career coach plays an important role in designing and facilitating career management and career development processes for students. Career counseling is most sought after by university students for securing admission in good schools and working professionals who want to speed up their career growth.
What is the Goal of Career Counseling?
Do you constantly look up "find a good career counselor near me" on Google? If yes, then read on to find out why you are doing the right thing.
Objectives of Career Counseling
There are a number of reasons why the demand for a career coach has increased considerably more than what it was even a year ago. Career consultants in Bangalore can help you in the following ways:
- Access the top jobs in the market.
- Negotiate the right salaries, based on your skills and experience.
- Negotiate better incentives commensurate with performance.
- Build new skills and upskill to get promoted.
- Get tips on entrepreneurship and home-based businesses.
- Access the best professional training programs and courses.
- Access information and resources otherwise not available online.
Services Offered By Career Consultants in Bangalore
Career counseling in Bengaluru offers a bouquet of services. Once you contact them, you can get a 360-degree view of how a career coach can help you make progress. Here are only the top reasons why you should opt for a career coach:
- Support with new jobs.
- Job change.
- Career transition.
- Career goal setting.
- Coordination with recruitment and placement partners.
- General advice.
Many people view career counseling as a one-stop solution for all of life's problems. But it is not. It is designed for a specific purpose, which is to support you with important career decisions and choices.
Be careful while looking for career consultants in Bangalore. There are many placement agencies that pose as career counseling firms, but they are not. Be sure to test the waters for a few days or a month before you make any financial investment.
- Psychometric evaluation of candidates.
- Skills assessment.
- Social network.
- Recruitment partner network.
- Customer reviews.
Find the best career coaches in Delhi.
Must-Have Skills for A Career Coach
To help with your search for career consultants in Bangalore, look for the following skills:
- Effective communication.
- Online presence.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Know-how of psychometric tools and techniques.
- Research-based application skills.
- Use of technology in student assessments and evaluation.
- Marketing and advertising methods.
- Mode of sessions-face-to-face or online.
- Use of data-based scientific methods of counseling.
- Excellent people skills.
Also, check for how many years the counselor has been active and read client reviews thoroughly before coming to a conclusion.
Why Do You Need Career Counseling?
The need for counselling is very specific to an individual. The answer to why do you need counselling at all lies in which stage you are at in your career and where do you want to see yourself in a few years' time. Data shows that career counseling is sought most by school and college students, followed by mid-level working professionals. The need of the clients is what dictates the design of the counselling session as well by the career coach.
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Career Counseling
- Boost your job search by filtering out irrelevant jobs.
- Streamline your job search to help you focus on those jobs that matter to you.
- Real-time assessment of your skills and capabilities.
- Real-time mapping of your profile and available jobs.
- Better and faster access to the latest and best jobs.
- Hassle-free experience in transitioning into a new role or during a career switch.
- Scope for new opportunities to open up.
- Scope to discover your entrepreneurial spirit.
- Skill building and access to the best professional courses and training programs.
- Effective tips and advice to run your own business.
A counsellor can help you through any stage of your career. Whether you are a final year student in college or already have a few years of work experience, you can always seek out career counseling in Bengaluru. Counsellors come from varied backgrounds- engineering, social work, management, etc. And this adds value to their profile by expanding their world view and enriching their experience. This, in turn, puts them in a better position to share their expertise with you to help you make better-informed career choices, which is the main job of a career coach.
Find Career coaches offering services in both Chennai and Bengaluru.
What are the Advantages of Career Counseling Services?
The Indian education system has witnessed a sea of changes over the last decade. The state of Karnataka, especially, has focused a great deal on uplifting the poorest of the poor through the power of education. This was not the case even a few years ago. The introduction of career counseling in school curricula is a testament to that change towards positivity. And not just in the domain of education, there is also a spike in demand for career consultants in Bangalore by corporations, who want to now focus on building an efficient work culture and ensure better retention of employees.
Career counseling has also had proven effects in the domain of mental health. This is especially true of school counsellors or career counselors in college. It just goes to show how significant this role has become over the last few years. A lot of the inputs regarding students' progress come from a school counsellor. Parents and teachers depend on them for the holistic development of young children.
Benefits of Having A Career Coach Guide You
Career development and goal setting are the two main areas of contribution of a career coach. And not just in Karnataka or India, but the entire world. You can put the abilities of a good career coach to the test and the best ones will always leave you impressed with their skills and expert advice.
Merits of A Career Coach
- A career coach is extremely crucial in helping you identify the right career.
- Career coaches are experts in candidate profile analysis, thanks to the years of knowledge building in assessments and aptitude tests.
- Career counseling is one of the most reliable sources of job-related information and resources.
- A career coach will build your self-confidence by handholding you in your career growth path.
- Counsellors often work on behavior patterns that may become obstacles to your growth.
- With the help of counseling, you can put down clear career goals and also devise effective strategies to work towards them.
- A career coach will identify important skills required for the desired job and help you build them.
Career Consultants in Bangalore- How to Find Them?
Career counseling in Bengaluru has proliferated as a business and profession in the last few years. Till a year ago, there weren't so many career guidance centers and placement agencies in the state of Karnataka, leave alone the city of Bangalore. This has both pros and cons while searching for the best career consultant in Bangalore. It might leave you confused and overwhelmed and you may want to drop the idea of career counseling altogether.
But there is no reason to feel disheartened or shattered. There are easy ways to streamline your search and find yourself a good career coach. Start by typing "find a good career counselor near me." And subsequently, filter out your search using the following parameters:
- Counselor's knowledge of the current job market.
- Counselor's access to recruitment and job portals.
- Counselor's direct access to the hiring company.
- Knowledge of scientific coaching techniques.
- Access to professional courses and training programs.
- Counselor's background vis-a-vis education and work experience.
- Affiliations, certifications, and relevant accreditations.
- Payment and fee structure.
- Mode of training and coaching.
- Time duration and location.
Again, use your wisdom to not fall for false career counseling agencies with flashy banners that read the best career consultancy services in town. You should know that authentic and true career counseling providers have some work ethics. There are certain absolute no-no's for them that is considered a danger to their profession, such as,
- Providing casual and unfounded advice to clients.
- Judging your career decisions.
- Forming opinions about their customers.
- Promising unrealistic and immediate outcomes.
- Guaranteeing job security.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss
The process of learning is a continuous one. And only you have the power to decide what you want to learn and where your life should be heading. Irrespective of who you are, a final year university student or an established IIT engineer, you should always find ways to seek advice on career advancement. This keeps the wheel of learning to rotate and prevents stagnation.
Also read- Top Career Consultants in Kolkata