"The students of the future will demand the learning support that is appropriate for their situation or context. Nothing more, nothing less. And they want it at the moment the need arises. Not sooner, not later. Mobile devices will be a key technology to providing that learning support." Dr. Marcus Specht
The previously stated quote mentions that students of the future will use mobile devices or modern technology to grasp the basic concepts of a wide variety of academic disciplines. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to tell you all that the future is now. Pupils from distinct backgrounds all over the planet are using modern-day technology to further their education at a time and place that best suits their unique circumstances.
Libraries are gorgeous havens of knowlegde; however, going to the library to borrow books to acquire knowledge on a specific subject is a thing of the past.
Nowadays time is everything, and pupils of all ages, from primary school to post-university, are finding invaluable websites on the internet to revise the basics of any academic discipline.
What about more complex subjects such as physics?
There is no need to freat, in today's modern world, revising the essential elements of physics can be done in the comfort of your own home by using resourceful websites. Superprof is here to enlighten interested ones about the most highly recommended sites to review the fundamentals of physics.
Why Study Physics?
Physics is a scientific discipline that involves the study of matter, its motion and its behaviour through space and time. The primary goal of physics is to understand how the universe behaves. Physics is one of the oldest academic disciplines, and scholars have studied it for centuries.
Notable physicists include Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Richard Feynman and Marie Curie.
Therefore, those who take the leap and decide to dedicate themselves to a career as a physicist are in great company!
Nevertheless, with that said, physics is a difficult subject with many complex concepts which can discourage pupils from studying this academic discipline. Remember, nothing advantageous comes without its challenges.
Look up for physics practical class 12 and maths tutor S1 now.
Consequently, without further ado, we will now consider some of the best and most rewarding reasons for studying physics:
- Develops Problem-Solving Skills: physics is distinct from other academic disciplines where memorisation of rules, dates and facts are necessary. Physics encourages students to use the newly acquired physics concepts to solve problems effectively. Through various studies, researchers have shown that students of physics develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, both extremely useful in everyday life,
- Physics Explains Things Logically: ever wonder why the sky is blue and why the world goes round? The answers to these questions are clearly explained when revising physics. The answers to everyday questions about scientific matters can often be described rationally through physics,
- Physics Makes Things Possible: when studying physics, pupils learn about how without physics there would be no light bulbs, digital cameras, cars, cellular phones, computers and flatscreen televisions which are all things we use on a regular basis. Learning more about how each of the previously stated inventions works is intriguing and deeply satisfying. After learning about how things work, you'll never look at a light bulb or cellular phone in the same way,
- More Attractive to Future Employers: by having previously studied physics at a secondary school level, you are more appealing to university recruiters or future job employers. Think about it this way: if you were a big boss, would you instead hire a physics major or someone who barely received his secondary school diploma? It's really a no-brainer, pick the physics guy!
If the previous reasons are not enough to convince you to consider studying physics to acquire the fundamentals, I don't know what will!
The Most Oustanding Websites for Effectively Revising Physics
The fundamentals of physics can be acquired quite effectively without any mental anguish by searching the world wide web for original sites. The information about physics provided on certain sites helps students learn interactively.
Therefore, without further ado, we will consider some of the best websites currently available to learn the basics of physics.
Physics is Beautiful
A great name for an even greater website. Physics is beautiful has a wide variety of free, interactive physics lessons. Did you hear that parents? FREE!
The founders of Physics is Beautiful, Nicolas Scozzaro, Michael Darcy and Hiran Wijesinghe, have the purpose of making physics attractive, interactive and fun for people from all nations. They want users to think of their website as DuoLingo but for physics.
Interested ones can get started on their website by considering the basics of physics such as vectors, unit conversion and motion diagrams. After mastering the basics, pupils can move to learn more about Newton's laws and forces.
Before we conclude talking about this fantastic online resource for physics, there is some exciting news! In November 2018, the founders of Physics is Beautiful released their first mobile application that is currently available for Android and coming soon to iOS.
Khan Academy Physics
The work that Khan Academy does is extraordinary. They have the goal of providing free, world-class education for everyone, everywhere. Khan Academy offers practise exercises, instructional videos and a learning dashboard that allow students to grasp the basics of any academic concept outside the classroom at a time that best suits them.
The physics section of Khan Academy encourages beginners to learn the basics of physics and start with the introduction to physics.
The course summary consists of topics such as one-dimensional motion, two-dimensional motion, forces and Newton's law of motion, centripetal force and gravitation, work and energy, impacts and linear momentum, torque and angular momentum, oscillations and mechanical waves, fluids, thermodynamics, and electric charge, field and potential.
There are fantastic videos featured on the site that help learners from all levels develop an understanding of physics.
The Physics Classroom
An online, free to use website designed to help students and teachers in the tasks of learning and teaching physics.
One of the most highly used sections on the website is known as the Physics Classroom Tutorial which covers basic physics topics using informative graphs and a language style that is easy to understand. All units are divided into sections and sub-sections to keep learning organised and efficient.
Visit the website to start learning the basics of physics immediately!
Learn Out Loud Physics Podcasts
For individuals who want to learn more about physics but can't seem to take the time and slow down, Learn Out Loud is a fantastic solution. The podcasts featured on the website are educational and can be listened to on the go.
On their website, there is a variety of recommended Physics podcasts that are worthy of listening to such as The Titanium Physicists Podcast, Physics Central Podcast and Minute Physics Video Podcast.
Learning while riding to work or school on the tube has never been so accessible!
Real World Physics Problems
The purpose of the website is to stimulate understanding of the physical world for people who are interested in physics. Interested ones can analyse various physics problems and solutions that are taken from real-world situations.
Some of the favourite physics examples include amusement parks, battle & weapons, engineering and sports.
Physics education and theory can be additionally learnt to have individuals attain a stable foundation of the fundamental of physics.
Beneficial Suggestions For Students Reviewing Physics
The laws of physics are all around us. However, that does not make this scientific discipline any easier to understand. While for the vast majority physics is an absolute nightmare it can be very intriguing for some.
Get some help with your homework, find a Physics class 11 tutor.
The following are some of the most useful tips to learn physics effectively and soar during exam periods:
- Master the Basics: without a firm grasp of the fundamentals of physics, it is nearly impossible to learn more effectively. The basics lay a foundation for a further understanding of the physical world. The more complex concepts of physics are based on some central theories such as relativity, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, classical mechanics and quantum mechanics that can be reviewed using helpful physics books. It is important to note that creating a mind map to connect basic methods to more elaborate ones is a beneficial suggestion,
- Know Your Maths: since physics incorporates many mathematical elements it would be of the utmost advantage to be adept at tackling many formulas and problems. Studying mathematics alongside physics is a brilliant idea that will make the whole experience of reviewing physics more enjoyable,
- Use Drawings and Effective Visuals: by using drawings and visual aids, the basic concepts of physics will be better understood; this is especially true for those who have a more visual mind. A mind map or a simple drawing will help reinforce an important concept that cannot be forgotten during an examination period.
The above-mentioned suggestions are just a few of many helpful tips that will aid students to succeed when reviewing physics.
In today's new media age, technology is frequently used everywhere for a variety of distinct tasks. The sector of education has evolved drastically by making learning academic concepts online possible and by using apps and podcasts to meet the needs of today's youth.
Therefore, through the information offered on helpful online websites, learning more about physics does not have to be complicated. Take the plunge and start learning today, Einstein would be proud!