To produce lovely pictures, one must have a creative mind.
Drawing is not a complex thing to do, but it’s not very easy either. You will have to practice a lot to get into the league of professionals. Moreover, the first step of practice starts from learning about drawing as an art and how it can benefit you.
You don’t need to start with complex subjects like human anatomy and other things like that.
As everything needs to be done with accuracy in drawing and having patience for that is a must. So, learning it patiently and following each level enthusiastically is very important. You can start with simpler designs and move on to complex ones as you go along. There are many ways to begin your practice, from simple sketches, vegetable shapes, structures, etc. and further climbing up to photographs.
Furthermore, while sketching, you learn the fundamentals of art and gain confidence, communication skills, creativity, patience, and problem-solving ability.
But, let’s not complicate the issue further. In this article, we have tried our best to provide tips for beginners who want to learn how to draw awesome illustrations.
So, read this article to learn the basic principles of drawing and start practising today!
How To Draw a Face: Basics of Drawing A Perfect Face
Drawing a face seems quite simple to most kids, but it requires a great deal of skill. It can make or break the picture. It is necessary for your kids to follow all the steps to get the best output. How to draw a face perfectly is the first question that will come to your mind when you won’t make it properly. But no need to worry because following the basics can help you, especially if you are new in the drawing field.
The first step should be to take a good look at your subject and try to understand it. Observe the features and try to memorise them well. The steps you take before starting to draw will determine the outcome of your drawing.
Split the face
You can simply split the portions of the face to make it easy for you. First, prepare the nose, then mouth and eyes. After completing the centre portion, draw ears, hair, neck and other details like lips, cheeks etc.
Observing face features properly and splitting the sketching parts will help in illustrating a perfect face.
Easy Way To Create 3D Drawings
Most kids always get so amazed when they look at a 3D image and start wondering how to draw in 3D? How to make such natural-looking images?
Well, if your kid is also among such wonder bees, then you should probably stop doubting and book 3D courses for them.
Explore About 3D Drawing
Your kids first step must be to learn more about 3D designs and their principles. Learning basics will help them in laying down an excellent foundation for their sketch. They will learn about the margins, perspectives, guides to drawing the human characters, and 3D drawing software.
Apply Some Easy Drawing Techniques
Once your kids are acquainted with some basics of 3D, it’s time to start applying them. After all, what’s the fun if everything is easy? So, they must be very motivated to start practising.
Some easy drawing techniques for beginners are as follows-
- Sighting/ Measuring
- Sculpting 3D images
- Triangular grid technique
- Grid technique
- Linear perspective (One-point, two-point, three-point)
- Basic facial proportions
Kids can learn these simple techniques to create wonderfully realistic pictures, shapes and figures.
Create Enticing Logo Designs Easily
Are you looking to design logos that portray the exact expression that you want to? Honestly, achieving this is difficult and time-consuming, but it is not impossible. The only thing that can make it possible is applying the right modus operandi (a type of working procedure).
Key characters to follow
To give the right expression of your company through your logo art, you need to ensure a few factors -
- The uniqueness of the logo that you designed is essential to make your brand distinguishable.
- Adhering to simple designs is important because complex logos generally don’t manifest your message.
- The logo must be relevant to the company’s role so that the audience gets to know the clear objective.
There are more factors like shapes, etc., that you need to follow, which you can read here in the “how to create a logo” article.
Use online sources
Search several art designs online to get inspiration on the latest trends in logo making. The more you look on the web, the more you get to brainstorm about the layout.
Also, don’t copy any of the styles that you saw online. Try to mix your touch into it and keep experimenting until you get the perfect result that you desire.
Make Tattoo Designs That Standout
Do you know how to draw tattoos that stand out? Or tattoos that convert questions like why did you get this? to WOW! How did you draw this?
If you don’t know, no worries. But, if you want to know, then following the process dedicatedly is the only thing that can make your tattoo designs awesome.
Do your research
Drawing tattoos is not about inking anything; the art should be meaningful and detailed. To achieve this, doing extensive research is mandatory.
The research will help you find out the designs that break traditional stereotypes and bring a modern idea. Moreover, blending contemporary and classic can be your unique gig to follow.
How To Start?
- Selecting the area should be your first step even before choosing the right design. Your tattoo style selection will depend entirely on the area where it needs to be inked.
- Spend some good time looking for the right design, take inspiration from the web, and try to find something unique yet expressive. You can choose zodiac signs, flowers, or representing symbols such as religious symbols.
- Once you have decided what to draw, start with outlining it. Outlines must be indicative enough so that you can finalise your sketch properly,
- Select the colours you want to fill in the tattoo drawing.
Following this process while retaining the utmost precision and patience will make you achieve the expected results.
Draw Amazing Comics
Comics are a prevalent mode of displaying entertainment art amongst kids, youngsters and adults these days. Everyone loves to read or watch them because they are full of fun and adventure.
When it comes to drawing comics, people usually face problems with their eyes and facial expressions. And the common question that everyone has is how to draw comics that can entertain people of each age group?
The answer is here -
Follow a plan
- The first step is to start with an idea, an engaging image that you can effortlessly weave out in your drawings.
- Write down a script based on your idea. Plot the whole story, decide the characters and their roles.
- Next, plan out the kind of layout you wish to follow. Also, decide the style for your comic, like is it going to be manga, action, superhero, non-fiction, etc.
- Then bring out your imagination on the paper. Draw your ideas and set your bars high, and don’t stop drawing until you reach the mark of perfection.
Elements to take care of
- Good inking of the outlines of the characters with a black pen and using other colours for different objects is crucial.
- Colouring the characters, objects, shapes, and background is another vital thing to pay attention to. Don’t go for hard colours; instead, use pastel shades.
- Choosing the letterings properly is essential. They must be readable, and the calligraphy should be clear.
Keeping these things in mind while creating comics can help you hook people with your drawings.
Design Beautiful Anime and Manga Characters
You must be aware of some of the most common anime like Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, etc. They look so real when it comes to their facial expressions, intricacies and looks.
Drawing comics according to characters
There are different rules when drawings of comics and manga come to action. The features, look, skin colour and expressions are different depending on their types. The shojo heroines have petite shapes and big eyes. At the same time, some action hero anime have bulging muscles, unique accessories, and different costumes.
Techniques to draw manga
- To draw new good looking anime or manga characters, first of all, read the script properly. Then start drawing out the design accordingly to make it appear real.
- Pay attention to the eyes and their movements. The well-defined eyebrows will have a significant impact on the viewer.
- Make sure you draw the folds and joints on their clothes. Try to use as few as possible lines as they don’t look good in handmade characters.
- Also, it is better to use solid colours than using hard lines.
- The body structure and proportions of the characters are essential. Keep practising until you get the perfect result.
Furthermore, you can read our “how to draw Anime and Manga” article to get detailed instructions to draw villains and heroes. The article is perfect for beginners.
Superprof - Find Your Drawing Teacher Here
Are you searching for drawing tutorials for beginners? Put an end to your search with Superprof. They have the best drawing courses designed according to your requirements.
Superprof can be your best bet if you want to learn drawing quickly and perfectly. The art teachers here have years of experience which make them experts in their field. Plus, Superprof has some unique features to offer to its students such as -
Free Demo Class
Whenever you book a course, the first doubt you have is whether it will be suitable for you or will you be able to connect with teaching. Well, Superprof heard you and now provides you, free demo classes, each time you select a new tutor. The benefit of this option is that you can determine the most suitable drawing teacher for you, with whom you can learn efficiently and quickly.
Worried about falling behind in the online tutorials because you can’t match up with the speed of others? Don’t worry. Superprof has a customised course option for you where the course is initiated according to your pace of learning. Teachers here decide the curriculum according to your understanding and prepare a syllabus that doesn’t feel like a burden.
So, don’t just keep sitting there. Get up and book your demo drawing class on Superprof today to start your incredible and fun-learning journey.
The platform that connects tutors and students