Contrary to popular perception, it’s never too late to start painting. Painting, indeed art, brings with it many health benefits. Painting is a relaxing exercise that helps to reduce your stress levels.
While painting, you’ll be able to focus specifically on what you are creating and let everything else go.
Many believe that painters are naturally gifted. However, believe us when we say that anyone can paint! Painting allows us to unleash the creativity that further inspires us to unlock hidden abilities and gain self-confidence. The joy of painting is essentially derived from the satisfaction of having created something amazing by yourself.
Check out tips on how to find creative art classes near me.
Painting or Drawing: Which One Should I Learn First?
Many believe that drawing and painting are incredibly different. This could not be further from the truth. It is, in fact, true that it is difficult to learn painting without understanding the core concepts of drawing. Not learning to draw can become a hindrance for someone who wants to learn to paint.
Concepts learned from drawing carry over into painting, and understanding painting concepts actually improves your drawing.
It is true that we use different mediums to draw and paint, and both forms of art have their own possibilities and limitations. However, the thought process of an artist remains very similar in both drawing and painting.
Find out the best ways to learn how to paint.
How To Learn Painting for Beginners?
Now that you have made up your mind to sign up for painting classes near me, you would want to buy new art supplies and start applying them to the canvas. However, before you do that, consider why you want to take up painting and what your goals are.
There is no static learning path that everyone must follow to master the art of painting. Everyone has their own techniques of painting, unique tendencies and interests, and a set of natural skills that should be your guiding force in determining the optimal learning path you should take.
Consider the medium you want to focus on, to begin with. This will allow you to pay more attention to the more crucial aspects of painting, like colour, composition, value, etc. The popular choices for beginners are oils, acrylics, and watercolours. Weigh the pros and cons of each medium before you settle on your final choice. Procure your art supplies depending on the medium you decide on. Broadly, you will need:
- An easel to hold your artwork
- Canvas (for acrylic or oil painters) or paper (for watercolour painters)
- A palette for color mixing
- Brushes (suitable for your chosen medium)
- Palette knives
- Solvent (if oil painting)
- Paper towels (for wiping your brush between strokes).
Find art classes in Delhi.
Another important and, sometimes, challenging consideration is the selection of a subject to paint. The subject of your painting should inspire you. Consider these points as you deliberate whether a subject is worth painting:
- A single idea that makes you want to paint it
- A clear and identifiable colour harmony
- Does the subject have an interesting design (arrangement of shapes, forms, lines, and colours)?
- Is there anything you can do to improve on the subject?
- Are you capable of painting it?
- Do you have the supplies required to paint it?
- What problems will you encounter painting it?
- Does the subject provide you with opportunities to challenge yourself and demonstrate your abilities?
- Does the subject inspire you?
- Can you see a finished painting at the end of it all? If so, do you like what you see?
What Are The Best Online Drawing Courses?
Self-teaching is a completely viable route for learning to draw and paint. There are so many great courses you can watch from your home computer. However, in this regard, there are just too many options! The truth is that these videos can only act as guides. And with so many options to choose it can be tough knowing where to start.
Find painting classes in Bangalore.
Take Art Classes at Home
iPassio is one of the world’s most technologically advanced and credible platforms for e-learning. Their goal is to create a user-friendly live learning platform for hobbies, such as painting. Beginners can learn painting online, through live training in these top-rated courses:
- Learn Acrylic Portrait Painting Using Photographs
- Lateral Thinking & Painting
- Evolved Methodologies of Painting
- Basics of Coffee Painting
- Art of Monoprinting
- Watercolour Painting, Tempera paints, Soft Pastel, Charcoal Pencil Paintings For Beginners
- Learn Unconventional Art Techniques
- Learn Resin Painting
Find the best painting classes in Hyderabad.
There cannot be a better place to start your painting journey than the Proko video courses. Stan Prokopenko is an accomplished fine artist who studied and now teaches, at the Watts Atelier in California. Stan publishes a few high-quality video series online, teaching artists, different techniques that he has learned over the years.
The online Paintable courses cover almost everything about digital art. Digital painting is a prerequisite if you want to get into animation, concept art, webcomics, or similar fields of art. The incredibly well-organized Paintable library works on a recurring subscription model which grants your access to all of their lessons. The videos are split into sections covering every single topic you could imagine. This means detailed portrait painting techniques along with the fundamental basics of digital painting like tablet setup and the purpose of an artist’s glove.
Find the best painting classes in Chennai.
The Vitruvian Studio courses are offered by David Jamieson and cover the fundamentals of art in an easily accessible way for beginners. Complete beginners should start with Vitruvian’s drawing basics course. This course teaches the absolute basics of learning how to draw with a pencil, and all those techniques transfer nicely into the digital world when you move to a tablet.
Check out some online painting classes here on Superprof.
Best Drawing and Painting Courses in Mumbai
I Am An Artist
This popular institute offers art classes for all age groups and levels, including adults, kids, teens, elementary, and Intermediate, drawing and painting workshops, art courses, and more.
- Elementary and Intermediate classes: Elementary Drawing Classes, Intermediate Drawing Classes
- Drawing and Painting Adult Hobby Short Art courses: Beginner drawing and painting adult hobby short art courses, Intermediate Drawing and Painting Adult hobby Short Art courses, Advanced Drawing and Painting Adult Hobby Short Art courses
- Canvas painting classes in Mumbai: Beginner canvas painting classes, Intermediate canvas painting classes, Advanced canvas painting classes
- Portraits painting classes fine art short courses: Beginner portraits paintings classes, Intermediate portraits paintings classes, Advanced portraits paintings classes
- Drawing classes fine art short courses: Beginner drawing classes, Intermediate Drawing, Advanced drawing classes
- Acrylic painting classes fine art short courses: Beginner acrylic painting classes, Intermediate acrylic painting classes, Advanced acrylic painting classes
- Oil painting classes fine art short courses: Beginner oil painting classes, Intermediate oil painting classes, Advanced oil painting classes
- Watercolour painting classes fine art short courses: Beginner watercolour painting classes, Intermediate watercolour painting classes, Advanced watercolour painting classes
- Indian painting art courses classes: Warli painting classes, Madhubani painting classes, Rajasthani painting classes, Tanjore painting classes, Mysore painting classes, traditional art painting classes, Japanese painting classes, Chinese painting classes
- Painting short courses and classes: Abstract painting classes, Landscape painting classes, Fluid art painting classes, Modern painting classes, Mandala painting classes, Doodle painting classes, Famous painting classes, Figure painting classes, Charcoal painting classes, Realistic painting classes, Hyperrealism painting classes, Face painting classes, Palette knife painting classes, Mix media painting classes, 3d painting classes, 3d art classes, wall painting classes, Relief painting classes, Scrapbooking art classes, Cartoon painting classes, Handicraft art classes, Coloured pencil painting classes, Inks painting classes, fabric colour painting classes, Gold leaf art classes, Block Printing classes, Printmaking classes, Charcoal drawing classes, Anatomy drawing classes, Sketching classes, illustration classes, 3d drawing classes, rendering classes, figure drawing classes, Doodle drawing classes, Face drawing classes
Find the best modern art classes in Lucknow.
Kruti Art Academy
Established in 2015, Kruti Art Academy has helped thousands of students discover their artistic potential, experiment with ideas, and hone their creative skills. The courses at the Academy encourage aspiring artists to break free from their limitations and evolve into extraordinary artists. The drawing and painting courses include:
- Drawing & Sketching
- Realistic Portrait
- Anatomy Study
- Canvas Painting
- Professional Fine Arts Course
- Art Teacher Training
- Art Portfolio for Kids
- Specialized Medium
- Art Theory
- Entrance Examination Training
Best Courses in Fine Arts, Mumbai
Find the best painting classes in Madurai.
Academy of Fine Arts and Crafts
The Academy of Fine Arts and Crafts is known to expand the horizons of learning in fine arts to meet the challenges and opportunities of the ever-changing world of art.
Check out some Tanjore painting classes in Chennai here on Superprof.
Foundation course (Duration: 1 Year)
The course develops all the fundamental disciplines and perspectives about visual arts & crafts. Concepts, skills, mediums, history of arts, and all the aspects of the art are needed to take the first step in learning visual arts and crafts.
Eligibility: Minimum 10th + School level Intermediate drawing exam
Government Diploma in Painting (Duration: - 1 foundation+ 4 years diploma)
This is a specialized course in painting that introduces the student to the vast universe of visual art practice, mediums and materials, styles, history of arts, philosophy of art, and aesthetics.
Eligibility: 10th from any board + Foundation course
Rachana Sansad Certificate course (Duration: - 3 years)
Another specialized course in painting covers all the aspects of the government diploma course.
Eligibility: Minimum 10th from any board
Find the best fine art classes in Pune.
Sir J.J. School of Art
Established in 1878, Sir J.J. School of Art is one of the pioneering institutes of fine art education in India. It runs the following programs in fine arts.
- Under Graduate Programmes
- Post Graduate Programmes
- Diploma Courses
- Hobby Courses
National Institute of Fine Arts (NIFA)
The National Institute of Fine Arts, or NIFA, is known to nurture individual creative expression and a sense of community. The Institute puts great emphasis on excellence that allows its members to reach for the highest artistic standards as individuals.
B.F.A Painting/Sculpture/Applied Art from UGC Recognized University
All NIFA courses are now available worldwide through Live and Interactive Online Classes. All you need to do is download the NIFA app from the online classes page to register for a complimentary trial class.
Check out some class painting here on Superprof.
The platform that connects tutors and students