Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it. - Katherine Whitehorn.
One of the most popular and world-renowned English language tests known as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a common entry-level test that strengthens your application for a work visa to a different country, a student visa to an international university, or school and migration chances. This high-stakes examination or test is popularly mandatory for countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom to name a few.
The test can either be taken online or through the traditional paper method. The skills and proficiency levels that are tested through this examination include reading, writing, speaking, and listening capabilities.
Given this widespread recognition of IELTS, the availability of training classes and IELTS coaching for students and adults all over the world has become a common demand. Especially since the announcement of the global pandemic, and the increased popularity of online classes, the top benefits of choosing online IELTS training classes are as follows.
There are four separate sections in IELTS general training examination for the English language and for the same reason, getting individual attention for reading writing speaking, and listening part of the examination individually is a must. When you choose online training classes, you effectively find yourself a teacher and ample time to focus on individual sections. This is only possible as the class strength for training class depends on the teacher or trainer you sign up for.
Better Faculty Availability
It is no surprise that online classes have encouraged the majority of people to join the bandwagon and begin teaching through online mediums. For the same reason, the supply for IELTS general training classes and coaching is very high, increasing the quantity and quality of faculty available for the same. This gives you more choice to pick the teacher and pace of learning as per your level of understanding and grasping power.
Flexible And Convenient
Now, who would not like the option of sitting at home and still being productive and learning the most? Everyone would and that is the biggest advantage of online training courses as you get to set your own time schedule, choose your own teacher and pace of learning, and do it all from the comfort of your home.
Lastly, when all other factors are taken care of and you are solely responsible for your progress with no obstacles, you tend to have better focus and discipline. This in turn directly impacts your learning capability which is highly necessary for cracking the IELTS exam with flying colours.
IELTS Speaking Marking Scheme
Each section in the examination has a different marking scheme on the basis of which the final band score is rewarded to each IELTS taker. For IELTS speaking marking scheme, the section is divided into four different criteria which are mentioned below.
- Lexical Resource looks into your vocabulary and understanding the relevance of linking words, timely pausing, etc.
- Fluency and Coherence directly highlight your speech clarity and structure which is very necessary in order to answer with poise and confidence.
- Grammatical Range is a key score determinant in this section as your speaking ability is it direct indicator of your understanding of different voices, tenses, speech styles, etc.
- Pronunciation is another important criterion in the section as it depends solely on your ability to talk with clarity, right pronunciation as well as complete flow of speech to help the examiner understand your point correctly with high accuracy.
Each of the above-mentioned criteria is scored within a range from 0 to 9. The total score is then further examined by calculating the mean of your individual score on each criterion. For instance, a score of seven for each of the mentioned criteria will result in an overall IELTS speaking test score of 7.
Expert Tips For IELTS Speaking Test
The base concept of the IELTS speaking test is a face-to-face discussion with the examiner wherein the questions asked have to be answered with clarity, confidence, and strong speech and grammar. For better understanding, some gathered tips from previous IELTS takers to ace the IELTS speaking test is as follows-
- Be confident and do not jot down and memorize all the answers prior to the examination as it can cause confusion and reflect nervousness on your behalf to the examiner.
- Invest your time in energy into developing a range of different grammatical structures with the help of simple as well as complex sentences and practice them daily. This allows you ample options to answer the questions posed by the examiner with better precision and clarity.
- Focus on what you speak instead of how you speak it. In layman terms, your accent is not important to the examiner. Instead, it is more important to have the necessary clarity to convey your point of view to the examiner as you get marked for the same and not for the accent.
- Try and focus on eliminating any sort of linking words that act as fillers in between sentences. Common fillers include well, like, you know, yeah, etc. This is an important tip as too much use of such words can result in a lower speaking band score.
- Spend time practising some of the commonly asked IELTS topics for speaking as it not only improves your thought process but also assists with quality vocabulary for each of the common topics.
- Lastly, keep a light smile on your face while interacting with the examiner as it not only reflects positivity and confidence from your end but also helps you keep calm and feel relaxed throughout. Please ensure you do not smile to break as it might look off to the examiner.
Tips to Improve Your English for IELTS Speaking Test
English is the common language that is acceptable by all university levels as well as for work and migration visas respectively. For the same reason, improving your English should be your top priority in order to ace your IETLS speaking test successfully. If you are someone who is due on the speaking test, here are some tips to improve your English for IELTS Speaking test.
- The first important tip is to work on learning new words every single day to build up a strong vocabulary before the examination. This will come in handy when the examiner asks questions relating to common topics.
- Next, spend some time listening to English audios which can include movies, podcasts, music, etc. This is necessary to help you understand and adapt to the natural flow of the language like the linking words, the rhythm, the pause effectiveness, etc.
- Another tip that can improve your English quickly is imitation or speech shadowing. All you need to do is observe a native English speaker and try and imitate his way of talking. This in turn can improve your confidence and polish speech skill successfully.
- Moving on, spending ample time improving your pronunciation of different English words ranging from big words to basic everyday use words is highly important. This is because the questions can demand on any topic, which in turn puts you in a position to win over the examiner with the correct pronunciation if lack of knowledge on the topic is an issue.
- Lastly, talking to yourself in English every day and encouraging everyone around you to interact with you in the same language can greatly improve your speaking ability. Additionally, you can also read English stories and books loudly to yourself to learn the art of talking with poise and confidence slowly.
Where to Find IELTS Classes?
The availability of physical IELTS classes for all levels and age groups was available in abundance. However, due to the lockdown restrictions and limitations of movement in and out of your house, the popularity of online resources for all activities including education, grocery shopping, healthcare, etc. witnessed a sudden rise.
In order to find classes to ace your IELTS exam with a high band score and impressive IELTS score overall, the test taker can research and choose their choice of general training IELTS classes and teacher through online mediums.
There are multiple digital platforms that connect aspiring IELTS takers with general training classes and IELTS teachers in a few quick steps. One such platform is Superprof that is a quick and easy platform to get in touch with your preferred course and teacher. All you need to do is sign up before you begin exploring the variety of course catalogues and teacher profiles before making the final choice.
To conclude, whether it be reading writing speaking, and listening part of an IELTS exam, using live online classes for IELTS training is the current trend in the market.
So, do not wait any longer, and as a test taker, sign up with Superprof and begin learning to improve your overall IELTS band score. You do not necessarily have to go to an English-speaking country to want to improve your language skills so begin today.
The platform that connects tutors and students