When it comes to the best language in the world of development, there are many names, like Java, C, C++, Ruby, etc. However, Python is one of those languages that has risen abruptly to popularity in the last decade.
In no time, Python has proved itself as a programming language that is not just good for development but also for other purposes. One of the key applications where Python excels in data science.
Some might not know about data science, but there is no need to worry. This write-up will take an extensive look at all the different aspects of python and data science.
- Python programming language for data science, Source: Pixabay
What is Data Science, and Why Choose Python?
Data science is a process of extracting meaning from data. It is a multidisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to obtain insights from data in various forms. It helps organizations to make better decisions by deriving valuable insights from data.
As per Stack Overflow survey 2021, python is one of the most wanted languages by developers. So, it is obvious why it is ideal for data scientists. However, it does not end here.
There are many reasons why python is the best language for data science. Let's take a look at some of them:
Python is easy to learn
One of the key reasons why python is good for data science is it’s easy to learn nature. The field deals with a lot of complex aspects like algorithms, functions, scientific methods and more. As these functions and algorithms can be enough of a hassle for the developers, the simple syntax of python adds convenience for the developers.
A simple example of the python code can be the print command. The code for the print command is print(“python is the best”). Other than this, you don’t have to worry about any semicolons, curly braces, or import libraries for writing basic code.
It is an easy language to learn for both beginners as well as experienced developers.
Python has a vast set of libraries and tools that make the task of data scientists much easier. Some of the popular libraries are NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Scikit-learn, and Matplotlib.
These libraries have a lot of inbuilt functions that assist in carrying out various tasks in data science. For example, NumPy is used for scientific computing, pandas for data analysis, and Scikit-learn python for machine learning.
Apart from this, there are many other libraries that cater to specific needs. This vast pool of libraries makes python the best language for data science.
Python is versatile
The versatility of python is one of the key reasons why it is so popular among data scientists. It can be used for web development and non-development tasks.
For example, you can use python for scripting, automation, web scraping, mining and even artificial intelligence. Thus, it adds a lot of flexibility to your workflow as a data scientist.
Readability and Comprehensibility
- Python has better readability, Source: Pixabay
When it comes to coding, readability is crucial. As there can be hundreds and even thousands of lines in a single code, so it becomes important to write code in a simple and well-structured manner. And this is what python excels at. Its syntax is very clear and easy to understand, which not only makes writing programs easier but also helps to prevent errors while reading the code.
Python is fast
In the past, python was not known for its speed. However, with the release of python 3, this language has become much faster.
Moreover, there are many ways to improve the performance of your code. For example, you can use PyPy, which is an alternative implementation of python that uses a Just-in-Time compiler.
Thus, with the assistance of these tools and techniques, you can easily write efficient code in python. Learn about computer games with python here!
Python is Open Source
Last but not least, one of the ideal things about python is that it is open source. This means that you can use it for free without any restrictions. Moreover, as it is open-source, there is a vast community of developers who are always ready to help. This means you can easily get support for any issues that you might face while working with python.
Why take Python and Data Science Classes?
So far, it is pretty clear why choose python for the information analysis. But, do you need to take python and data science classes?
Well, the answer to this question depends on the level of your skills and the amount of time you are willing to invest. If you have a background in programming, then you can just go through an online tutorial for python and start working on it. However, if you don’t know anything about coding, then investing in a proper course is recommended.
The best part about taking python classes is that they will help to improve your knowledge of this language as well as provide guidance while writing complex code. Additionally, these courses usually come with other benefits like real-time projects, mock tests, instructor support, and more which makes learning very convenient.
The very essence of all of this lies in the fact that if you want to go into the data science field. If you are serious about getting a job in the field, the knowledge of the programming tool is necessary, along with the methods required for excellence in the field.
As we know that data science deals with the analysis of complex, unstructured information, it is done via various complex methods such as,
- Predictive analysis
- Prescriptive analysis
- Real-time analysis
And more! These methods need to be properly implemented to ensure correct output in the end. And learning them by yourself can be tough. Therefore, it is best if you opt for a course. A course can make the learning process super easy for you. Get to know how to use python for robotics!
Is Data Science Worth Learning?
If you want a short answer, yes! Data science is worth learning. Why? Well, there are many reasons for it. Here are some of those reasons!
- High pay: Whether you learn the subject via a class, course or by yourself, it will garner great returns for you. For example, a data scientist gets paid over 4 lakhs INR or even 25 lakhs INR with enough experience.
- Python pays well, Source: Pixabay
- Employment opportunities: With more and more organisations working on big data projects, there is an increasing need for professionals who can analyze this complex information to get insights. And as you have a background in data science, finding such jobs will be no problem at all!
- In-demand skill: Data science is one of the most in-demand skills right now. This means that if you have this skill, you will always be in demand, and companies will be willing to pay you handsomely for your services.
As the use of technologies, such as AI, ML, etc., is on the rise, companies are taking up more projects related to data analysis. Thus, elevating the need for this skill. Whether you know the basic or the programming language entirely, you must give this field a try.
Python Classes with Superprof!
If you are clear about the fact, why are python and data science important? It is time for you to choose a learning touchpoint. There are various ways to learn python and data science. You can choose to take a class, engage in python and data science tutorials, take up professional courses, etc.
One of the best resources from where you can learn them both is Superprof. Superprof is an online learning platform where you can get professional tutors for almost every subject or skill. If we talk about python, there are a number of experienced tutors there who can assist you learn this programming tool and data science, the right way. You just have to choose the one that suits your requirements best.
There are various pros to learning from Superprof.
- Wide pool of tutors: No matter what you want to get good at, you will surely get a lot of tutors here. The platform provides you with all the necessary pieces of information like the price of the tutors, qualifications, star rating, etc. You can analyze all these aspects carefully before finalizing the teacher.
- Free demo class and tutorial: Based on the type of method you choose, you can get your first class or tutorial on Superprof for free. If you like the teaching style of the tutor, you can choose them, or you can switch to another one.
- Qualified tutors: All the tutors on Superprof are verified and well-qualified. You will get a lot of options to choose from.
- Flexible schedule: One of the best advantages of learning via Superprof is that you can learn at your own pace and time. You don’t have to worry about attending live sessions or being available for a certain duration.
The platform that connects tutors and students