Any fool can write a code that a computer understands. Good programmers write codes that humans understand - Martin Fowler
The process of executing a particular computation is what constitutes computer programming. You have to learn computer programming in order to generate algorithms or design codes. A programmer is usually the person who is an expert in a particular computer language and can write source codes for a program in the chosen language. In contrast, a machine code is directly executed by the central processing unit. Computer programming is important to design a series of instruction that will help automate a task preformed by the computer, hence providing a solution to a given problem.
Coding classes for beginners are an excellent way to build your knowledge of a computer language. You will learn multiple aspects of computer programming like testing, source code maintenance, debugging, managing derived artifacts, etc. So, if you are looking to understand how to learn coding in India, then you should jump into the next sections of this article.
The Evolution of Computer Programming
The science of programming has existed for many centuries. It is not something that has suddenly come up in the wake of the software engineering boom. The Persian Banu Musa brothers invented a programmable music sequences in the early 9th century! But the first computer program was officially recorded and documented in 1843, when Ada Lovelace, a mathematician, designed an algorithm to calculate a sequence of Bernoulli numbers.
Computer Programming and its Changing Face
Early computer programs were identified with machine code. It was a written set of instructions, mostly in binary notation, for a particular computer. Gradually, assembly languages developed, allowing programmers to specify instruction in a text format like TOTAL or ADD X. These abbreviations were coined to denote separate operation codes, that had meaningful names for specifying addresses.
Modern Computer Programming
Today, coding classes focus on teaching highly evolved programs with some fundamental properties. The ones that are most important include,
- Reliability or the accuracy of program results.
- Robustness or the ability of a program to anticipate problems arising out of errors.
- Usability or the program ergonomics.
- Portability or the range of operating system platforms and computer hardware.
- Maintainability or the ease of modifying an existing program.
- Efficiency or the program performance.
What is Coding?
People often ask what is a coding class? Especially if you are a beginner, you will want to first understand what coding is and what all you can learn in coding classes. In simple terms, coding is computer programming that helps in the development of a sequence of instructions for the computer to perform certain tasks. A code can be binary or it may consist of millions of lines. So, all the software that you use in daily lives, are all operated by codes designed by a software developer.
Uses of Codes
Codes can be used for various computer programming applications, websites, etc. And almost all work domains today like agriculture, defense, medicine, and science use codes. The main purpose of codes include,
- Website development.
- Application development.
- Graphic designing.
- Entertainment software like special effects in movies and games.
- Communication tools like SMS, voicemails, social media.
- Other software programs like web browsers, computer applications, etc.
How Do Codes Work?
Codes are the language of computers. It is the science behind everything that you are able to do through a machine like a computer or a mobile phone. Unlike human language, computers are fed with codes. They only understand the binary language - 0 or 1. So, all computer codes are written using these binary instructions. While each code has their own structures and protocols, the language is the same.
What are the Common Coding Languages?
Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming - Brian Kernighan
Most coding classes will teach you the basics of computer programming through some common computer language codes.
Python runs on different platforms and is a high-level interpreted coding language, created in 1991. It is a multi-purpose language, used mainly write science software.
Structured Query Language or SQL is often written as queries or standalone lines. This programming language has been around since 1974 and forms a vital part of software like MediaWiki and WordPress.
If you want to create dynamic web pages, then opt for PHP. This code has the ability to send SQL queries and deliver HTML output. It is extremely popular with sites like Facebook and Wikipedia widely using this computer programming language.
C is the father of modern coding languages, which was invented in 1972. It is a compiled language, readily built into almost every operating system out there. It is the code that runs Microsoft Windows.
An enhance version of C, C++ adds the object-oriented paradigm to its predecessor.
7. C Sharp
Also known as C#, this code was developed by Microsoft and is widely used in its .NET framework.
8. Visual Basic
Another computer code from the house of Microsoft, Visual Basic came into being in 1991 to respond to user events like key presses or mouse clicks.
This coding language was developed in 1995 by Oracle for cross-platform compatibility. It is the driving power behind all your Android applications.
Known for being the duct tape that hold the Internet together, Perl was designed in 1987 for text processing.
What is A Coding Class?
What is a coding class?
It is simply a place where you can learn how to design codes and the science behind it. But before you sign up, here are a few important factors to consider -
- Purpose: If you are a beginner, then ask yourself this - why do you want to sign up for coding classes? Coding is an important skills to have in today's world. And while you may not want to become a software engineer, coding classes can help with the development of easy, everyday designs even for your personal use, like a GIF or a graphical greeting card!
- Selection of Computer Language: Now that you have a basic understanding of the most common computer programming languages, and their uses, identify which ones you want to learn. You can then learn computer programming focused on the development of those particular skills.
- Online and offline learning: Thanks to the Internet, and the era of online education, you can combine online and offline resources to learn how to code. You can sign up for courses, or learn live with a tutor on platforms like Superprof. Or buy books to build a basic understanding.
- Practice: Once your coding classes have kicked in, start practicing what you have learnt by entering codes directly into a code editor. You can download code-editing software that will help you learn and fix errors along the way.
- Project Execution: If you have got a hang of the code editor, start working on small projects, using a particular programming language. It could be the one that you are taking the course in. This will help build confidence and sharpen your skills.
- Network: Work with peers and other learners. Get feedback on your own designs and unpack someone else's code. The more you let your mind look at different sets of codes, the wider it expands in its thinking.
How to Learn Coding in India?
Computer programming was a rare knowledge held by a few developers and designers until a few years ago. But thankfully, with the proliferation of coding classes all over the world - offline and online, you can now learn computer programming at your own pace and comfort. The answer to how to learn coding in India is quite simple - you just need to sign up on one of the many courses available out there and get started. But what is more important is to understand how it will help you in the long-run.
Benefits of Learning How to Code
Learning something new can be scary, especially if it is about gaining technical knowledge about something like computer language. But if you are clear about how it stands to benefit you, then the task becomes less daunting. Here are the many ways in which a course on computer programming stands to benefit you -
- Increase your productivity.
- Enhance your efficiency.
- Enhance the efficiency and performance of your computer.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Learn how to collaborate when you design new codes with peers.
- Build an in-depth understanding of software design and development.
- Break down complex designs into simple codes.
- Improve your problem-solving abilities.
- Build design thinking skills.
- Leverage creativity to build something technical.
- Learn how to design websites, software, and other applications.
- Establish a forte in software development.
- Become entrepreneurial and open up new career opportunities.
- Become your own boss.
- Increase your income potential.
The platform that connects tutors and students