Maths is often seen as a subject of fear. It is actually the method of instruction that makes this fearful subject into an interesting subject. Teaching and learning along with the students is my biggest strength. I believe learning from real life examples yields a better learning and engages the students and this in turn pushes away the fear factor! There is a fun way of learning maths which we can explore together.
I have been tutoring/training since four years in Maths and IT. I have undergone a PG Diploma in International Education and a full-fledged internship for teaching IB students. Education has changed over the years and I am glad to be updated with the present trend of education. My instructions have always been interactive whoch makes the class engaging. I try to involve real life case studies or activities whoch give in-depth knowledge of the topic and its applications. Assessments are the major area of my focus because of which I believe in backward design of the curriculum,i.e., what needs to be taught comes from what needs to be assessed at the end of the journey!
Based on student level and time required
Self-directed, enthusiastic educator with a passionate commitment to student development and the learning experience. Skilled in the design of challenging, enriching and innovative activities that address the diverse interests and needs of students. Possess outstanding communication skills and have the ability to present information in a way which is both interesting and relevant to the students. Active team member who effectively collaborates with all levels of staff members and establishes quality relationships with students.
▪ Multicultural Awareness
▪ Classroom Management
▪ Student Motivation
▪ Student Assessments
▪ Group and Interactive Learning
▪ One-on-one Tutoring
▪ Curriculum Development
▪ Education-based Research
Post-Graduation Diploma in International Education
International Training & Research Institute(ITARI in collaboration with Birmingham University, UK), Bangalore, India
M.Tech Industrial Biotechnology
SASTRA University, Tanjore, India
Integrated Post Graduation (5 yr Course, 2005-2010)
Computer Skills: Unix, Database, MS Office Suite, Windows Operating Systems, Networking Basics
PGDIE Academic Coursework 07/16 – 04/17
During the academic coursework, I have successfully learnt various aspects of education in a transdisciplinary fashion. The curriculum consisted of education studies, educational psychology, comparative education, research on cognitive neuroscience, classroom management, best pedagogic practices, communication and soft-skills and leadership development. Apart from this, the assignments that were submitted to the BCU as a part of the coursework were:
• Rationale for Teaching: A research based assignment which made me narrow down my focus towards the teaching-learning practices emerging from my personal rationale for teaching Mathematics.
• The Individual Learner: A research based assignment that built up my understanding of the relevant principles of an individual's learning.
• Subject Pedagogy & Lesson Planning: An assignment aimed at constantly reviewing the subject knowledge and finding the weaker areas and working upon them. We also had to create two lesson plans based on this according to the BCU template and present the same in front of the panel.
• Assessments of School Practices: During the internship phase, the practical approaches to a wide range of assessment practices was the focus. Three individual children of different abilities were chosen and assessed on the lessons taught. An integral part of the assignment was to come up with the challenges faced in doing so and give the solutions to these assessment issues backed-up with research. This gave a very good understanding of the Backward Designing of the curriculum.
Also, during the tenure here, we have had various workshops from the heads and coordinators of the PYP, MYP and DP departments which helped me understand how IB functions through each level. Also, there were sessions on Community, Activity and Service(CAS) as well as on Special Education Needs(SEN) which is very important as future schools are predicted to be completely inclusive.
The most fascinating factor about the coursework is that we had 60% of practicum which made me understand the real classroom practices.
International Training Institute, Port Moresby 02/15 - 02/16
Before joining the PGDIE course, I was working as a Lecturer at International Training Institute. The subjects that I was handling were Database Management, Microsoft Office Suite, Introduction to Computing, Computer Organization and Business Mathematics.
Duties and responsibilities:
▪ Imparting knowledge to the students and marking the assessments.
▪ Continually facilitating a consistent learning environment in which students are motivated.
▪ Utilizing a variety teaching strategies, such as whole/small group instruction, cooperative learning, inquiry-based learning and project-based learning.
▪ Maintaining a proper timeline to educate the students well within the course time allotted.
▪ Designing and imparting a student centric curriculum with emphasis on real world applications.
▪ Presented a paper on "Information and Communication Technology for Small & Medium Enterprises" for the participants of PNG Computer Association.
Cognizant Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd08/11 - 06/14
Senior Systems Executive/Trainer
During my tenure in Cognizant, I was working on Support and Maintenance projects for the Client JP Morgan & Chase, US. I was also involved in continuous training and development of junior employees in the process and procedures of the project.
▪ Playing the role of tester ,reviewing the testing scenarios, testing the code thoroughly before it is released for User Acceptance testing by Developers.
▪ Coordinating with different teams to carry out the project testing successfully.
▪ Trouble shooting & Impact Analysis.
▪ Data analysis and Data reporting.
• Tutored students of varied age groups and grades in subjects like Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
• Conducted an art classes over weekends for children in Port Moresby which consisted of students of different nationalities.
• Undergoing a course on Interior Designing with the New York Institute of Art and Technology.
Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and English
• Date of Birth: 11/01/1988
• Marital Status: Married
• Family Details:
o Husband's Name: Mr.P.R.Srinivas
o Occupation: Commercial Category Planner, BrianBell Homecentres,
maths classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry classes for all!
Taking arithmetic classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||₹250|